Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What are your experiences with ADHD medication?

Space Orange

Space Orange

I am God
★★
I don’t think ADHD or many other mental illnesses are real in the sense normies describe them, but I have been “diagnosed” and take ADHD meds currently.

I take methylphenidate (ritalin/concerta)

My experience:
It acts as a “silencer” for my thoughts. I’ll usually have a hundred thoughts a minute coming and going but the meds puts all the energy into a single thought so I can more intensely think about one thought at a time.

It also feels like all the chatter from my brain is quieter and makes me less scatterbrained.

So overall, it helps me “focus” but I don’t focus on the right things. I have work to do but I will spend hours on something completely useless and waste my entire day. So I don’t know if it’s actually benefitting my life at all.

I’m just as unproductive and low iq as I have been before meds so I don’t know if I should continue.

Also, I started getting tics after a month of taking meds. I haven’t had tics since I was about 9 years old so it triggered something in my brain and probably fucked up the chemistry. I still have tics off the meds now so it might have permafucked me.

I don't have ADHD, but I'd expect some sort of attention deficit in plenty of subhumans discriminated and mocked simply for existing, unable to have so many of the experiences or developments that may cultivate a more focused attention span, especially when coupled with the Internet and easily available entertainment. :feelshehe:

Adhd is 100% real for me I can’t focus or do jackshit these Jew meds don’t help at all. I’m so dogshit at school I can’t focus on anything I literally have a stupid overdue project I still haven’t finished because ID rather be using my phone I have a severe phone addiction as well. So my severe phone addiction and addiction to maladaptive daydreaming prevents me from even doing mediocrely well in school

Adhd is 100% real for me I can’t focus or do jackshit these Jew meds don’t help at all. I’m so dogshit at school I can’t focus on anything I literally have a stupid overdue project I still haven’t finished because ID rather be using my phone I have a severe phone addiction as well. So my severe phone addiction and addiction to maladaptive daydreaming prevents me from even doing mediocrely well in school
I’m also addicted to my phone and daydreaming. I think we have dissociation as a form of coping because of traumatic experiences.

I know I began to get addicted to the internet when I was young because it was an escape. Now I’m an adult and my addiction has permascrewed in every aspect of life.

I’m also addicted to my phone and daydreaming. I think we have dissociation as a form of coping because of traumatic experiences.

I know I began to get addicted to the internet when I was young because it was an escape. Now I’m an adult and my addiction has permascrewed in every aspect of life.
Yup. I’m a senior in high school and since 6th grade I have not been able to achieve As and Bs. I’m obviously really really bad at logical reasoning (mainly used in math and computer science) but it’s impossible to focus on anything to improve it

Most of the meds were for the benefit of others such as parents or teachers at school.

Most of the meds were for the benefit of others such as parents or teachers at school.
I agree. I don’t think they know/care what the meds are doing to their childrens’ brain chemistry but outwardly they seem calmer and more focused. (Only because you’re overloading their brain to the point where it’s hard to function)

I don’t think ADHD or many other mental illnesses are real in the sense normies describe them, but I have been “diagnosed” and take ADHD meds currently.

I take methylphenidate (ritalin/concerta)

My experience:
It acts as a “silencer” for my thoughts. I’ll usually have a hundred thoughts a minute coming and going but the meds puts all the energy into a single thought so I can more intensely think about one thought at a time.

It also feels like all the chatter from my brain is quieter and makes me less scatterbrained.

So overall, it helps me “focus” but I don’t focus on the right things. I have work to do but I will spend hours on something completely useless and waste my entire day. So I don’t know if it’s actually benefitting my life at all.

I’m just as unproductive and low iq as I have been before meds so I don’t know if I should continue.

Also, I started getting tics after a month of taking meds. I haven’t had tics since I was about 9 years old so it triggered something in my brain and probably fucked up the chemistry. I still have tics off the meds now so it might have permafucked me.
Ok GrAYcel

Unfortunately it you keep taking these meds they will screw your brain up. You could probably get those benefits from meditation and you wouldn't need to poison your brain

medication is useful when theirs no other distractions available like if your in class lecture, ands its either listen to lecture or daydream I'd chose listen to lecture if I was on adderall, also I was lower inhib on adderall so would be more likelt to ask the teacher a question if confused. also not as many low moments

but elsewhere I'll just do the more interesting thing(but with grater stimulation than if I was not on meds) :fuk: