Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Were your feelings different from 16 to 17?

startcel

startcel

Black Saint Art
★★★
I felt emotions way more intensely at 16 than now at 17.
My emotional state feels way more levelled now and nothing gives me the strong feelings I used to feel.
I don't know if it's from being blackpilled or if it's just a usual transition from child to adult.
I kinda miss the overbearing emotions ngl, at least I felt alive then.

Did your emotional state change from 15/16 to 17/18?

I am 17 now and I feel like I know way more than when I was 16. I also feel like more knowledge is to come but it will be from experience and not lessons from other people

Ever since about 13 I've been numb and depressed with occasional periods of immense rage.

WAY stronger I don´t feel anything now not happiness, sadness or even excitement because of apathy and anhedonia and I have been experiencing this for over 5 years (I am currently 25) I even miss being 19 with depression at least I could feel something and didn´t have anxiety so I could smoke weed I can´t even feel the emotions of nostalgia anymore...

WAY stronger I don´t feel anything now not happiness, sadness or even excitement because of apathy and anhedonia and I have been experiencing this for over 5 years (I am currently 25) I even miss being 19 with depression at least I could feel something and didn´t have anxiety so I could smoke weed I can´t even feel the emotions of nostalgia anymore...
Fuck man this hits so hard :cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

yeah. shit went down down downhill. I think I started posting on /r/incels around 16 and foreveralone before that

Fuck man this hits so hard :cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:
I can say without lying that I lived and felt more in 3 month at 16 than I have done the last 5 years, people think it´s bad having depression and crying all day but I tell you NOTHING is worse than not feeling any emotions not even be able to feel excitement anymore I have no hobbies, no friends nothing is fun I don´t even enjoy video games and I remember how fun and thrilling it was to play new video games as a child and teenager e.g. first time playing Pokemon Silver (best game I ever played), Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Max Payne 2, GTA Vice City, Battlefield Bad Company 2 you get where I´m going I felt so much fun and excitement playing these games growing up and now I even find gaming boring.I wish I could just kill myself and wake up in the paradise that was my childhood because it was literally heaven on Earth.

I can say without lying that I lived and felt more in 3 month at 16 than I have done the last 5 years, people think it´s bad having depression and crying all day but I tell you NOTHING is worse than not feeling any emotions not even be able to feel excitement anymore I have no hobbies, no friends nothing is fun I don´t even enjoy video games and I remember how fun and thrilling it was to play new video games as a child and teenager e.g. first time playing Pokemon Silver (best game I ever played), Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Max Payne 2, GTA Vice City, Battlefield Bad Company 2 you get where I´m going I felt so much fun and excitement playing these games growing up and now I even find gaming boring.I wish I could just kill myself and wake up in the paradise that was my childhood because it was literally heaven on Earth.
This is one of my worst fears tbh, looking back at my past life and seeing all the things that are gone now and slowly forgetting all the things I used to love so much and just becoming more and more numb

WAY stronger I don´t feel anything now not happiness, sadness or even excitement because of apathy and anhedonia and I have been experiencing this for over 5 years (I am currently 25)

You are also 25? So many 25cels here.

This is one of my worst fears tbh, looking back at my past life and seeing all the things that are gone now and slowly forgetting all the things I used to love so much and just becoming more and more numb
It is truly the worst thing that can happen all these wonderful and fun memories are fading away like remembering small glimpses of a scene from a movie you watched many years ago and without any feelings connected to it, even just a few years ago I could still feel some nostalgia when thinking about a happy memory I can´t anymore not, only in rare occasions can I feel almost a spark of it.

What is fucked up which I recently have vented about in vlogs is that at 16yo I knew childhood memories were hard to remember but it had been like that for years and I could still remember a lot of them with an insane amount of feelings (nostalgia) attached to it, at 18-19yo I could easily remember a lot of fun and exciting memories from when I was 16 and still feel the nostalgia e.g when thinking about smoking weed with my friends at 16, yet now at 25 I can only vaguely remember all these fun and exciting memories from being 16 smoking weed with my friends and doing all sorts of crazy shit and living life there are so few memories left with absolutely no emotions attached to them I feel as if I become more and more demented and like I only have 10% of my cognitive functions compared to when I was a teenager.
You are also 25? So many 25cels here.
25½ in a few days so only half a year till I will turn 26 fuck just kill me already I wanna be young again!

It is truly the worst thing that can happen all these wonderful and fun memories are fading away like remembering small glimpses of a scene from a movie you watched many years ago and without any feelings connected to it, even just a few years ago I could still feel some nostalgia when thinking about a happy memory I can´t anymore not, only in rare occasions can I feel almost a spark of it.

What is fucked up which I recently have vented about in vlogs is that at 16yo I knew childhood memories were hard to remember but it had been like that for years and I could still remember a lot of them with an insane amount of feelings (nostalgia) attached to it, at 18-19yo I could easily remember a lot of fun and exciting memories from when I was 16 and still feel the nostalgia e.g when thinking about smoking weed with my friends at 16, yet now at 25 I can only vaguely remember all these fun and exciting memories from being 16 smoking weed with my friends and doing all sorts of crazy shit and living life there are so few memories left with absolutely no emotions attached to them I feel as if I become more and more demented and like I only have 10% of my cognitive functions compared to when I was a teenager.

25½ in a few days so only half a year till I will turn 26 fuck just kill me already I wanna be young again!
Memories fade but the scars still linger :feelsrope:

What scars do you have from the past?
too many to say, but some of the recent ones are that my first crush told her best friend 'I just can't take him seriously' talking about me while giving me the most disgusted look I've ever seen, it still haunts me
and my last crush told me that I look like a 50 year old Herbert (very nerdy german name) trying to insult me
also my older sister dated and kissed my best chadfriend in front of me (not anymore obiously) I saw first hand how fucking disgusting foids can get for Chads

Also parental abuse as a kid but whatever

It has nothing to do with age

I don't have feelings

My life so far was pretty much like this:

0-3= I don't remember
4-9= kinda ok tier childhood albeit fatherless
10-12= utter shit
13-16= still very shitty but less
17-19= best period of my life
20-23= second best period of my life
24-now= over and coping till the end

Idk man, that was a lifetime ago. I'm 23, turning 24 soon.

I feel that my soul was half killed when I was 14 and the other half was killed when I was 18.

But yes, my good friend died of cancer when I was 17.

At least I had hope back then

Legit anhedonia is fucking horrible. One of worst problems I have had. Worse than pneumonia which I have had before. This shit makes you feel like a cold puppet machine. Extremely unideal. I have and it for fucking years and even drugs don't do much. Had forced me to monk max

too many to say, but some of the recent ones are that my first crush told her best friend 'I just can't take him seriously' talking about me while giving me the most disgusted look I've ever seen, it still haunts me
and my last crush told me that I look like a 50 year old Herbert (very nerdy german name) trying to insult me
also my older sister dated and kissed my best chadfriend in front of me (not anymore obiously) I saw first hand how fucking disgusting foids can get for Chads

Also parental abuse as a kid but whatever
Ouch and it must feel a million times worse hearing those words coming from your crush.

Wow that "best friend" was a shit friend and understandable you didn´t want to see him anymore and if you were good friends it wouldn´t make sense that he would risk the friendship over a fling because I doubt they will stay together forever.

what did it make so good
(Copypasting it from an older thread of mine):

The happiest period of my life was undoubtedly my 1st and 2nd years in high school at 17-19 years old. But this has been a mystery to me for years, since back then, I wasn't particularly popular, didn't ascend, did receive some bullying (though way less than in middle school), hated studying and my school was not as easy as some others I've been to, was already delayed in school, didn't preserve any of the friendships from back then (in fact, looking back, I had no real friends, my real friends all came from other places/periods), etc.

But now I finally get why that was the happiest period of my life regardless of everything.

BECAUSE OF MY LOOKS.

Though I was never good-looking, that period was hands-down my peak in attractiveness. In my early teens years I had too much acne, and since I was a "grunge", I let my hair grow uncontrollably without taking care of it. Those things had a noticeable impact on my looks and also in how much bullying I received.

At 17 I cut and started taking care of my hair. I was still far from being significantly balding. My skin also got better and the scars weren't so noticeable as now.

I had a pic of me at 17 (lost it, God damn it) taken by a friend in my first high school year, that pic is the most good-looking I've ever been, I'd rate me as high as 5,5/10. My medium-sized good-looking hair covered some of my flaws like malformed ears, etc. Not to mention my facial expression of hope, naivety and eagerness to live.

I'd give everything to go back to those times for one week or so. I'd dedicate it 100% to going out and approaching foids. Bonus: I'd be able to approach girls under 14 as well since I was myself underage (well, even as 19, it's still acceptable to kiss 12-13 yos in Brazil).

That's it, even though I didn't ascend or get anything from it, even though those times objectively weren't that good, that's the most happy I've ever felt just because I LOOKED better than usually through my life.

Legit anhedonia is fucking horrible. One of worst problems I have had. Worse than pneumonia which I have had before. This shit makes you feel like a cold puppet machine. Extremely unideal. I have and it for fucking years and even drugs don't do much. Had forced me to monk max
Yeah drugs don´t do shit either like I get anxiety from basically all drugs now even Cannabis and cigarettes.

Then i had severe anxiety and panic disorder that rarely gave me time to think about shit people at that age tend to think about. And when I did think all i felt was emptiness and depression. Now the state of anxiety has diminished for the most part. I am left with depression on some days and resentment now. Gotta keep working though so I can continue to wake up to keep working so i can continue to keep working so i can continue to wake up to keep working etc..

yeah. shit went down down downhill. I think I started posting on /r/incels around 16 and foreveralone before that
I remember at 13 I used to post on r/Incels making fun of them.

At 15(?) I realized it was over and started posting on braincels before it got banned.
15->16 was shitty.

I was still happy at 15 but then the rejections started coming in and I truly realized it was over.

Last edited:
Looking back, life was way better then. 1000 times better than now. But at the time I was an angsty teen complaining about everything. Wish I could go back but I can t

legit cant enjoy anything besides taking certain drugs, i guess im glad that they can still work for hijacking my brain

it makes me wonder if anyone else who is past puberty actually enjoys their hobbies or if they're just nothing but poor coping mechanisms

I don't feel much of anything anymore. I guess at 16 is till felt something. All i feel now is tiredness