Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Very tricky position: I'm an alcoholic can't afford to drink no more cos NEETbuxx got cut but there's a possibility to work in a pub I used to work at

BornToLose

BornToLose

Oops!... I lost again
★★★★★
The big problem is I'm a full-blown alcoholic where binges last for around a week or so. Here in England the improvement of the Covid situation led to the cutting of NEETbuxx and this leaves me in obviously a very tricky position. I've failed at a few interviews already this year but an old boss says he'd hire me again as a bartender.

But then of course I'm surrounded by drink even more and I don't have faith in myself that I could even make a week's worth of shifts.

I also don't have experience with any other industry, nor would I really want to 'cause I'm a night owl.

It's your best bet of being able to maintain your habit I guess, obviously getting paid for the work, so you have money for the booze and you could probably drink on the job if you're smart about it.

Don't take the job. Focus on restoring your benefits.

It's your best bet of being able to maintain your habit I guess, obviously getting paid for the work, so you have money for the booze and you could probably drink on the job if you're smart about it.
I think I'm gonna (plus I used to drink on the job there tbh. And fun fact: I also got fired there initially for not showing up due to drunkenness but he wants to give me a second chance). As long as I can get up in the daytime for once and pretend I've turned over a new leaf and shit :feelsokman:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back