Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

USA disaster in Korea ( as a consequence of American arrogance ).

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
On 24 November 1950 Commander of United Nations military forces ( mostly South Korean and American troops ) in Korea, general MacArthur launched a 'Home-by-Christmas' offensive to capture remaining territory of North Korea.
North Korean army was almost defeated and didn't existed as an organised force and communists controlled only small part of NK.
So Americans believed that war in Korea is over and they will return home by Christmas.

But U.S. intelligence and air reconnaissance failed to detect large groups of Chinese 'volunteers' who started their own offensive by attacking U.S. Eight Army on 25 November, 1950.

As a result of Chinese offensive, U.S. and U.N. troops were pushed back from the territory of NK which was the worst withdrawal in the US military history if I'm not mistaken.
U.S. political and military elites were shocked by successful Chinese attack.

I wonder why Korean war is less known than other major wars in XX century despite it being very brutal?
Some books.

Last edited:
The Chinese PLA didn't have mechanized armor or an air force. Their advantage was their artillery pieces and manpower.

It is pretty messed up and I think they even call it the 'forgotten war' or 'silent war' or something like that. We still live the ramifications of that war to this day and have a huge enemy.

The Chinese PLA didn't have mechanized armor or an air force. Their advantage was their artillery pieces and manpower.
I think the Soviet Union gave the PLA and North Korea tanks and equipment to defeat the UN/American forces. I forgot the exact details but I think Kim Ill Sung asked the PLA for manpower and Stalin finally agreed and gave them guns/tanks/artillery to do his dirty work

It is pretty messed up and I think they even call it the 'forgotten war' or 'silent war' or something like that. We still live the ramifications of that war to this day and have a huge enemy.
Stalin also gave them airpower (MiG-15 fighter jets)

I think the Soviet Union gave the PLA and North Korea tanks and equipment to defeat the UN/American forces. I forgot the exact details but I think Kim Ill Sung asked the PLA for manpower and Stalin finally agreed and gave them guns/tanks/artillery to do his dirty work
I read that because of the terrain, the tanks mostly just provided mobile artillery support so there wasn't that much tank battles.

It was basically an artillery slugfest and meat grinder as the PLA was primarily a light infantry army.

Last edited:
Still failure of US intelligence to detect Chinese preparations was epic.
Also U.S. and ROK + 'allies' inability to defeat Chinese on the battlefield speaks for itself.

This equipment still lacked in quantity compared to the opposite side.

American arrogance, never heard of such a thing, jk

25% of North Korea's civilian population was killed because of bombing during the Korean war. Macarthur even wanted to nuke both North Korea & China. There's was more bombs dropped on North Korea then the amount of Bombs dropped on Germany & Japan during WW2
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/asianamerican/comments/xfs6bs/til_the_us_bombing_killed_about_2025_of_north/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

And people ask why North koreans hate americans so much...any nation would only feel pure hatred after such thing

Too bad MacArthur was too much of a cuck to nuke China. We'd be safer today with their Mao toppled.

As a result of Chinese offensive, U.S. and U.N. troops were pushed back from the territory of NK which was the worst withdrawal in the US military history if I'm not mistaken.
I think the evacuation of the Philippines in 1942 is usually considered the worst.

And people ask why North koreans hate americans so much...any nation would only feel pure hatred after such thing
Especially since North Korea is always demonized while the USA is always praised. Seems totally backwards.

Too bad MacArthur was too much of a cuck to nuke China. We'd be safer today with their Mao toppled.
Soviet Union would probably use nuclear bombs against American troops in Korea then.

On 24 November 1950 Commander of United Nations military forces ( mostly South Korean and American troops ) in Korea, general MacArthur launched a 'Home-by-Christmas' offensive to capture remaining territory of North Korea.
North Korean army was almost defeated and didn't existed as an organised force and communists controlled only small part of NK.
So Americans believed that war in Korea is over and they will return home by Christmas.

But U.S. intelligence and air reconnaissance failed to detect large groups of Chinese 'volunteers' who started their own offensive by attacking U.S. Eight Army on 25 November, 1950.

U.S. political and military elites were shocked by successful Chinese attack.

I wonder why Korean war is less known than other major wars in XX century despite it being very brutal?
Some books.

View attachment 1057590
one theory: america killed so many civilians that they inadveratenyl created north korea.
almost every north korean has a relative that got killed by an american
if america admitted to this war, they would have to admit to creating north korea kinda

one theory: america killed so many civilians that they inadveratenyl created north korea.
almost every north korean has a relative that got killed by an american
if america admitted to this war, they would have to admit to creating north korea kinda
NK is an interesting case. Started as a Soviet puppet state but due to activity of Kim IL Sung they become maximally independent of foreign control.
They used to balance between USSR and China to not be swallowed by one of them.
Master manipulators. Almost as females.

NK is an interesting case. Started as a Soviet puppet state but due to activity of Kim IL Sung they become maximally independent of foreign control.
They used to balance between USSR and China to not be swallowed by one of them.
Master manipulators. Almost as females.
Only country with no JBW