Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Understanding total looks, Face vs Height - Why both manlets and ugly tallfags can exist simultaneously

B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,423
Online
124d 20h 2m
Interesting idea. What led you to consider the harmonic mean as a more reflective measure of true SMV?

In the formula, face and height are given by x1=x2, but what is n here? Also, if we wanted to change our assumption where x1=/=x2 and we introduce hairline (given by h), body (b), age (a), and income (i), what would the formula look like. Would be the wi's?
 
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,423
Online
124d 20h 2m
based_meme said:
Interesting idea. What led you to consider the harmonic mean as a more reflective measure of true SMV?

In the formula, face and height are given by x1=x2, but what is n here? Also, if we wanted to change our assumption where x1=/=x2 and we introduce hairline (given by h), body (b), age (a), and income (i), what would the formula look like. Would be the wi's?
Gymcelled @Gymcelled
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
BPJ said:
Mt Rushmore IQ thread. Might incorporate elements from it in a future video tbh
:feelsmega::ha..feels:

based_meme said:
Interesting idea. What led you to consider the harmonic mean as a more reflective measure of true SMV?
It was specifically the fact that the geometric and the harmonic mean will reduce the total score if there's a variance in your face and height scores. If they don't differ much (like a guy with 4 and 6/10 scores) the mean is very close to the arithmetic mean (little penalty).
But if you score really bad in one of the two, the total score gets significantly lower than your total score predicted by arithmetic mean. This is to model what I called the "20lbs phone" effect

The only reason i prefer the harmonic over the geometric mean is because the penalty is greater

based_meme said:
In the formula, face and height are given by x1=x2, but what is n here? Also, if we wanted to change our assumption where x1=/=x2 and we introduce hairline (given by h), body (b), age (a), and income (i), what would the formula look like. Would be the wi's?
n is the total number of variables. So if you only have face and height it's n=2.

The weights are simply values that give greater relative importance to some characteristics. So if you want to do face 60 and height 40, you can do any variables with such ratios. So .6 and .4, or 6 and 4, or 60 and 40 etc

Let's say you wanna introduce body which is 4 times weaker than height (for instance), and you chose to go with weights of 6 and 4, the weight of body simply becomes a 1

If someone had a 3/10 face, 4/10 height and 5/10 body you'd get

Looks score = (3+4+5)/(3/6+4/4+5/1) = 1.846 ~1.85

Whereas with the same weights, an arithmetic mean in this case would give you a score of 3.55

If you think the penalty is too high use the geometric mean instead
 
Hyperwristcel

Hyperwristcel

The True Alpha Male
★★
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Posts
1,168
Online
7d 6h 56m
Selinity said:
This solves a lot of debate about Height vs Face

It's like if you need to be a 6/10 to get a date and being short takes off 5 points and being ugly takes off 5 points.

Ugly Tallfag = 5/10 Handsome Manlet = 5/10

they're both beneath the cut off but for different reasons.

Good thread OP

Also, you said this was going to be controversial, I don't see the controversy
That's a very simple, correct summary. I also agree with 6/10 (high-tier Normie) being the minimum to score a date based on your appearance rather than status or money.

It should not be controversial as it's very logical, rational, and relatively easy to understand once you get the concept.
 
Last edited:
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,423
Online
124d 20h 2m
Gymcelled said:
:feelsmega::ha..feels:


It was specifically the fact that the geometric and the harmonic mean will reduce the total score if there's a variance in your face and height scores. If they don't differ much (like a guy with 4 and 6/10 scores) the mean is very close to the arithmetic mean (little penalty).
But if you score really bad in one of the two, the total score gets significantly lower than your total score predicted by arithmetic mean. This is to model what I called the "20lbs phone" effect

The only reason i prefer the harmonic over the geometric mean is because the penalty is greater


n is the total number of variables. So if you only have face and height it's n=2.

The weights are simply values that give greater relative importance to some characteristics. So if you want to do face 60 and height 40, you can do any variables with such ratios. So .6 and .4, or 6 and 4, or 60 and 40 etc

Let's say you wanna introduce body which is 4 times weaker than height (for instance), and you chose to go with weights of 6 and 4, the weight of body simply becomes a 1

If someone had a 3/10 face, 4/10 height and 5/10 body you'd get

Looks score = (3+4+5)/(3/6+4/4+5/1) = 1.846 ~1.85

Whereas with the same weights, an arithmetic mean in this case would give you a score of 3.55

If you think the penalty is too high use the geometric mean instead
I see. So the weights are what we arbitrarily decide to use then.
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
based_meme said:
I see. So the weights are what we arbitrarily decide to use then.
They represent the value you chose to attribute to the different features, it's how important you think they are. If you think height is more important then it should have the highest weight for instance.

It's all in relative terms so always keep in mind it's always comparative

But with these means i can show that even if you attribute the exact same worth to face and height, you still can't compensate for an abysmal face/height even if the other feature is really good (which is what happens with turbomanlets and really ugly ogres)

It allows us to make a model that takes into account one feature being so bad it ruins everything
 
BPJ

BPJ

Recruit
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 30, 2021
Posts
497
Online
9d 8h 19m
height is a looks multiplier, given a certain baseline facial attractiveness..
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
BPJ said:
height is a looks multiplier, given a certain baseline facial attractiveness..
That's actually how it works in geometric mean i mentioned. The formula is sqrt(f*h). Height acts like a multiplier.

But if you say that height is a multiplier then can't you say that face is the multiplier? What's the difference between f*h and h*f? :feelshehe:

I think the issue I have with the multiplier idea is that some people imply that height is a multiplier that doesn't drop very low.

For instance if you say that a turbomanlet height (like 5ft2) is like a 0.2 or 0.3 multiplier (so it destroys your looks) then i agree. If someone argues it's like a 0.9 or 0.8 (as if being 5ft2 only drops your looks by a little) then it's bullshit
 
TaiLung

TaiLung

Officer
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Posts
586
Online
2d 4h 40m
If you are 6'3 and can't get laid then you are simply retarded. LITERALLY just go to the gym, your ugly face will become a lot more attractive if you become jacked. I have NEVER seen anyone that is tall and jacked that had a really ugly face. Most that somewhat had an ugly face were all of ethnics like indians. So if you are white and 6'3 then your only excuse is if you had a really small dick. Even if you are tall and attractive, if you have a small dick its still useless sadly.
 
Deleted member 31364

Deleted member 31364

The Brotherpill
-
Joined
Nov 29, 2020
Posts
186
Online
21h 40m
TaiLung said:
If you are 6'3 and can't get laid then you are simply retarded. LITERALLY just go to the gym, your ugly face will become a lot more attractive if you become jacked. I have NEVER seen anyone that is tall and jacked that had a really ugly face. Most that somewhat had an ugly face were all of ethnics like indians. So if you are white and 6'3 then your only excuse is if you had a really small dick. Even if you are tall and attractive, if you have a small dick its still useless sadly.
white and tall is volcel 95% of the time
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
TaiLung said:
If you are 6'3 and can't get laid then you are simply retarded. LITERALLY just go to the gym, your ugly face will become a lot more attractive if you become jacked. I have NEVER seen anyone that is tall and jacked that had a really ugly face. Most that somewhat had an ugly face were all of ethnics like indians. So if you are white and 6'3 then your only excuse is if you had a really small dick. Even if you are tall and attractive, if you have a small dick its still useless sadly.
Gym game definitely works way better when you're tall with a big frame, it's like 10 times more effective for these people because it reinforces what they already have genetically: the size advantage and intimidation factor
 
ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

St. Dancecel
-
Joined
Apr 5, 2018
Posts
21,841
Online
161d 4h 38m
TaiLung said:
If you are 6'3 and can't get laid then you are simply retarded. LITERALLY just go to the gym, your ugly face will become a lot more attractive if you become jacked. I have NEVER seen anyone that is tall and jacked that had a really ugly face. Most that somewhat had an ugly face were all of ethnics like indians. So if you are white and 6'3 then your only excuse is if you had a really small dick. Even if you are tall and attractive, if you have a small dick its still useless sadly.
Fucking this.
 
watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Posts
3,635
Online
54d 18m
All manlets in this forum also have a subpar face but are coping hard trying to blame their height
 
kampman

kampman

Wizard
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Posts
5,521
Online
151d 1h 51m
Face > Height
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
watcher said:
All manlets in this forum also have a subpar face but are coping hard trying to blame their height
Good looking faces aren't that common to begin win, so very short + good looking face is even less common.
 
Psycho

Psycho

KHV INCEL
-
Joined
Feb 16, 2021
Posts
140
Online
3d 10h 43m
an actual fucking legit piece of knowledge , well done.
 
Villain

Villain

Banned
-
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Posts
1,927
Online
31d 19h 3m
Gymcelled said:
That's ok. Tbh neither do I because I've always wanted to be tall and I think it would save me if i suddenly became 6ft5+.

But I can still understand how it's possible for them to be lonely and get rejected
Its normal to get rejected but we are talking about getting rejected all the time cause this is what inceldom all about
tall incels exists but they are extremely rare, maybe like 0.00002 % of the population or rarer than that
 
Last edited:
horseshoe

horseshoe

Officer
★★★★
Joined
Jun 30, 2019
Posts
871
Online
26d 2h 0m
dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

game over
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 31, 2020
Posts
9,431
Online
88d 0m
So if I have a 3-4/10 face and 6'0 in height, what would that make me and would my height significantly help me ascend?
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
dreadtheblackpill said:
So if I have a 3-4/10 face and 6'0 in height, what would that make me and would my height significantly help me ascend?
With the harmonic mean you'd be a 4 or a 4.8/10 with the harmonic mean (for 3 and 4/10 in face respectively, since you're not sure about your face rating).
With the geometric mean it's 4.24 and 4.9

You'll notice this is lower than the 4.5 and 5 that would be predicted with an arithmetic mean
 
dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

game over
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 31, 2020
Posts
9,431
Online
88d 0m
Gymcelled said:
With the harmonic mean you'd be a 4 or a 4.8/10 with the harmonic mean (for 3 and 4/10 in face respectively, since you're not sure about your face rating).
With the geometric mean it's 4.24 and 4.9

You'll notice this is lower than the 4.5 and 5 that would be predicted with an arithmetic mean
Interesting. Still being sub5 means it's over though :feelsrope:
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
dreadtheblackpill said:
Interesting. Still being sub5 means it's over though :feelsrope:
If you grow more and mew you might reach 5/10, maybe 6/10 if you become really tall (6'ft4+)
 
dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

game over
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 31, 2020
Posts
9,431
Online
88d 0m
Gymcelled said:
If you grow more and mew you might reach 5/10, maybe 6/10 if you become really tall (6'ft4+)
lifefuel
 
Honeypot

Honeypot

Wizard
★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Posts
4,247
Online
21d 16h 58m
5/10 Height 5/10 Face > 2,5/10 Height and 7,5/10 Face
5/10 Height 5/10 Face > 7,5/10 Height 2,5/10 Face

But

7,5/10 Height 5/10 Face >? 5/10 Height 7,5/10 Face
(Woman on social media say yes most of the time, barely any attractive shortmale sympatizer)
 
Tenshi

Tenshi

もういいよ
★★★★★
Joined
May 21, 2020
Posts
8,770
Online
75d 16h 36m
mirin high iq

being short and ethnic is such a failo for me, I genuinely believe I'd be decent look if wasn't for my pheno and height.
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
Tenshi said:
mirin high iq

being short and ethnic is such a failo for me, I genuinely believe I'd be decent look if wasn't for my pheno and height.
Are your a ricecel?
 
Reddit_is_for_cucks

Reddit_is_for_cucks

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Posts
8,067
Online
54d 14h 56m
What’s the bottom line. I am too low iq
 
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,423
Online
124d 20h 2m
Reddit_is_for_cucks said:
What’s the bottom line. I am too low iq
Reddit is for cucks. Don't use reddit.
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
Reddit_is_for_cucks said:
What’s the bottom line. I am too low iq
Basically you can't simply average things arithmetically if one of your scores (height or face) is very bad, you get a 20lbs phone effect that fucks you over and drags you down.
 
Reddit_is_for_cucks

Reddit_is_for_cucks

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Posts
8,067
Online
54d 14h 56m
Gymcelled said:
Basically you can't simply average things arithmetically if one of your scores (height or face) is very bad, you get a 20lbs phone effect that fucks you over and drags you down.
So better to be average than a tall cell or chad manlet (5’4)
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
Reddit_is_for_cucks said:
So better to be average than a tall cell or chad manlet (5’4)
Usually yeah
 
Arthas93

Arthas93

Always remember that we all will die.
★★★★
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Posts
3,855
Online
28d 21h 14m
High IQ and good thread.
 
erenyeager

erenyeager

Destroy the world for inceldia
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 18, 2021
Posts
6,071
Online
35d 7h 59m
Gymcelled said:
I'm expecting some ugly tallfags and manlets coming and saying "BUT THE OTHER CANT BE INCEL, BULLSHIT". It always happens

The point of the post is to try to bring people together to some extent. You do NOT have to believe that face and height are equally as strong to admit with this model that anyone can be inkwel if they score really bad at one or the other. Hopefully that helps people see things differently


That's ok. Tbh neither do I because I've always wanted to be tall and I think it would save me if i suddenly became 6ft5+.

But I can still understand how it's possible for them to be lonely and get rejected
High IQ
 
Gone Coping

Gone Coping

Legend
★★
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Posts
3,635
Online
34d 11h 5m
tallfag gaslighting has reached levels unthought of
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
Gone Coping said:
tallfag gaslighting has reached levels unthought of
I'm king of manlet height
 
happiless

happiless

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
May 2, 2018
Posts
7,894
Online
119d 10h 33m
Get your point but if you have a 10 height (6'3, yes not 6'7 or some shit 6'3 is optimal unless you're in the Netherlands) and a 3 face, you'd have pretty good looks according to your model right? Face > height but still, if you have about a 4 face as a tallfag you're not a real incel, unless you have severe autism. A 3 face at 6'3 I can buy, barely, but you're still pretty close to a 5 with those stats.
 
G

GermaniaIncelia

incel vortex
-
Joined
Dec 27, 2020
Posts
2,841
Online
23d 14h 10m
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
happiless said:
Get your point but if you have a 10 height (6'3, yes not 6'7 or some shit 6'3 is optimal unless you're in the Netherlands) and a 3 face, you'd have pretty good looks according to your model right? Face > height but still, if you have about a 4 face as a tallfag you're not a real incel, unless you have severe autism. A 3 face at 6'3 I can buy, barely, but you're still pretty close to a 5 with those stats.
I really don't think that 6ft3 is 10/10, more like 8/10, maybe 9/10 in places like riceland/curryland. On tiktok and social media foids have been pushing for 6ft5/6ft6 a lot, I've seen plenty of posts on reddit saying "eh my bf is 6ft2/6ft3, nothing special"

But assuming 6ft3 is 10/10 height + 3/10 face, and face ~height we get 5.5 with the geometric mean and 4.6 with the harmonic mean.

So we're predicting normie looks essentially (~5/10). If you assume that face is stronger than height it's going to be more like a 4/10.

I'd say sub4 is real inceldom, 4-6/10 is more like normie territory (with 4/10 being low tier normie, the nearcels). That being said you don't need to have sub4 looks to be an incel in practical terms nowadays. Depends where you live, depends on your money/status etc it's possible

Obviously a 5/10 dude will never relate to a 3/10 subhuman, even if they're both equally inexperienced with women
 
Dr. Dicklet

Dr. Dicklet

Simps are the disease....and I am the cure
★★★★
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Posts
1,324
Online
9d 2h 9m
ionlycopenow said:
If I had a better hairline, lower third, and face I wouldn't even know what an incel was, jfl.
Same basically
 
BPJ

BPJ

Recruit
★★★★★
Joined
Jan 30, 2021
Posts
497
Online
9d 8h 19m
Gymcelled said:
It's part of face to me. Lower third, eye area and hair are the 3 pillars of face

Lower third = jawline, chin and mouth, midface= philtrum, nose and maxilla/ cheekbones and eyes; upper third= forehead and hair
 
soymonkcel

soymonkcel

Trying to reach longevity escape velocity.
★★★★
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Posts
3,822
Online
31d 3h 46m
Selinity said:
This solves a lot of debate about Height vs Face
This model is great, but just wait until a paper comes out with the economic value of each trait. We got a post about that in the must-read section, but it only addresses looks overall and race, not particular traits.
ReturnOfSaddam said:
A fucking masterpiece, galactic IQ.

The 20lbs smartphone thing is fucking perfect, sums it up perfectly

This needs to be pinned immediately
Totally. Feels fresh since this is all personal harvest more that citing papares. Great post Gymcelled @Gymcelled
 
Neggr

Neggr

Kebabcel in western europe, it never began.
★★★★★
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Posts
11,411
Online
29d 7h 35m
Ok this is an amazing thread
 
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 15, 2019
Posts
11,279
Online
124d 8h 48m
soymonkcel said:
Totally. Feels fresh since this is all personal harvest more that citing papares. Great post Gymcelled @Gymcelled
Neggr said:
Ok this is an amazing thread
:feelsautistic::heart:
 
sckicksal345

sckicksal345

humanity is a disgusting wretched depraved species
★★
Joined
Nov 29, 2020
Posts
4,613
Online
51d 8h 0m
I feel iq mogged now, cant even escape the mog in the only incel forum there is. I fucking hate my life
 
bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Autistic social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Posts
5,815
Online
33d 11h 14m
What's the graph look like for autism?
 
Mountainbikecel

Mountainbikecel

Genetiker und Evolutionspsychologe.
Joined
Dec 19, 2020
Posts
1,562
Online
55d 6h 40m
yeah it's a non-linear interaction of sexual cues that determines your attractiveness
 
Arabcel9

Arabcel9

Captain
Joined
Apr 30, 2020
Posts
1,544
Online
6d 6h 31m
BPJ said:
height is a looks multiplier, given a certain baseline facial attractiveness..
height gives you the best base smv tbh along with race
 
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top