Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Understanding total looks, Face vs Height - Why both manlets and ugly tallfags can exist simultaneously

B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
124d 20h 2m
Interesting idea. What led you to consider the harmonic mean as a more reflective measure of true SMV?

In the formula, face and height are given by x1=x2, but what is n here? Also, if we wanted to change our assumption where x1=/=x2 and we introduce hairline (given by h), body (b), age (a), and income (i), what would the formula look like. Would be the wi's?

B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
124d 20h 2m
based_meme said:
Interesting idea. What led you to consider the harmonic mean as a more reflective measure of true SMV?

In the formula, face and height are given by x1=x2, but what is n here? Also, if we wanted to change our assumption where x1=/=x2 and we introduce hairline (given by h), body (b), age (a), and income (i), what would the formula look like. Would be the wi's?
Gymcelled @Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
BPJ said:
Mt Rushmore IQ thread. Might incorporate elements from it in a future video tbh
:feelsmega::ha..feels:

based_meme said:
It was specifically the fact that the geometric and the harmonic mean will reduce the total score if there's a variance in your face and height scores. If they don't differ much (like a guy with 4 and 6/10 scores) the mean is very close to the arithmetic mean (little penalty).
But if you score really bad in one of the two, the total score gets significantly lower than your total score predicted by arithmetic mean. This is to model what I called the "20lbs phone" effect

The only reason i prefer the harmonic over the geometric mean is because the penalty is greater

based_meme said:
n is the total number of variables. So if you only have face and height it's n=2.

The weights are simply values that give greater relative importance to some characteristics. So if you want to do face 60 and height 40, you can do any variables with such ratios. So .6 and .4, or 6 and 4, or 60 and 40 etc

Let's say you wanna introduce body which is 4 times weaker than height (for instance), and you chose to go with weights of 6 and 4, the weight of body simply becomes a 1

If someone had a 3/10 face, 4/10 height and 5/10 body you'd get

Looks score = (3+4+5)/(3/6+4/4+5/1) = 1.846 ~1.85

Whereas with the same weights, an arithmetic mean in this case would give you a score of 3.55

If you think the penalty is too high use the geometric mean instead

Hyperwristcel

Hyperwristcel

The True Alpha Male
★★
7d 6h 56m
Selinity said:
This solves a lot of debate about Height vs Face

It's like if you need to be a 6/10 to get a date and being short takes off 5 points and being ugly takes off 5 points.

Ugly Tallfag = 5/10 Handsome Manlet = 5/10

they're both beneath the cut off but for different reasons.

Good thread OP

Also, you said this was going to be controversial, I don't see the controversy
That's a very simple, correct summary. I also agree with 6/10 (high-tier Normie) being the minimum to score a date based on your appearance rather than status or money.

It should not be controversial as it's very logical, rational, and relatively easy to understand once you get the concept.

Last edited:
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
124d 20h 2m
Gymcelled said:
:feelsmega::ha..feels:

It was specifically the fact that the geometric and the harmonic mean will reduce the total score if there's a variance in your face and height scores. If they don't differ much (like a guy with 4 and 6/10 scores) the mean is very close to the arithmetic mean (little penalty).
But if you score really bad in one of the two, the total score gets significantly lower than your total score predicted by arithmetic mean. This is to model what I called the "20lbs phone" effect

The only reason i prefer the harmonic over the geometric mean is because the penalty is greater

n is the total number of variables. So if you only have face and height it's n=2.

The weights are simply values that give greater relative importance to some characteristics. So if you want to do face 60 and height 40, you can do any variables with such ratios. So .6 and .4, or 6 and 4, or 60 and 40 etc

Let's say you wanna introduce body which is 4 times weaker than height (for instance), and you chose to go with weights of 6 and 4, the weight of body simply becomes a 1

If someone had a 3/10 face, 4/10 height and 5/10 body you'd get

Looks score = (3+4+5)/(3/6+4/4+5/1) = 1.846 ~1.85

Whereas with the same weights, an arithmetic mean in this case would give you a score of 3.55

If you think the penalty is too high use the geometric mean instead
I see. So the weights are what we arbitrarily decide to use then.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
based_meme said:
I see. So the weights are what we arbitrarily decide to use then.
They represent the value you chose to attribute to the different features, it's how important you think they are. If you think height is more important then it should have the highest weight for instance.

It's all in relative terms so always keep in mind it's always comparative

But with these means i can show that even if you attribute the exact same worth to face and height, you still can't compensate for an abysmal face/height even if the other feature is really good (which is what happens with turbomanlets and really ugly ogres)

It allows us to make a model that takes into account one feature being so bad it ruins everything

BPJ

BPJ

Recruit
★★★★★
9d 8h 19m
height is a looks multiplier, given a certain baseline facial attractiveness..

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
BPJ said:
That's actually how it works in geometric mean i mentioned. The formula is sqrt(f*h). Height acts like a multiplier.

But if you say that height is a multiplier then can't you say that face is the multiplier? What's the difference between f*h and h*f? :feelshehe:

I think the issue I have with the multiplier idea is that some people imply that height is a multiplier that doesn't drop very low.

For instance if you say that a turbomanlet height (like 5ft2) is like a 0.2 or 0.3 multiplier (so it destroys your looks) then i agree. If someone argues it's like a 0.9 or 0.8 (as if being 5ft2 only drops your looks by a little) then it's bullshit

TaiLung

TaiLung

Officer
2d 4h 40m
If you are 6'3 and can't get laid then you are simply retarded. LITERALLY just go to the gym, your ugly face will become a lot more attractive if you become jacked. I have NEVER seen anyone that is tall and jacked that had a really ugly face. Most that somewhat had an ugly face were all of ethnics like indians. So if you are white and 6'3 then your only excuse is if you had a really small dick. Even if you are tall and attractive, if you have a small dick its still useless sadly.

Deleted member 31364

Deleted member 31364

The Brotherpill
-
21h 40m
TaiLung said:
If you are 6'3 and can't get laid then you are simply retarded. LITERALLY just go to the gym, your ugly face will become a lot more attractive if you become jacked. I have NEVER seen anyone that is tall and jacked that had a really ugly face. Most that somewhat had an ugly face were all of ethnics like indians. So if you are white and 6'3 then your only excuse is if you had a really small dick. Even if you are tall and attractive, if you have a small dick its still useless sadly.
white and tall is volcel 95% of the time

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
TaiLung said:
Gym game definitely works way better when you're tall with a big frame, it's like 10 times more effective for these people because it reinforces what they already have genetically: the size advantage and intimidation factor

ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

St. Dancecel
-
161d 4h 38m
TaiLung said:
Fucking this.

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
54d 18m
All manlets in this forum also have a subpar face but are coping hard trying to blame their height

kampman

kampman

Wizard
★★★★★
151d 1h 51m
Face > Height

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
watcher said:
All manlets in this forum also have a subpar face but are coping hard trying to blame their height
Good looking faces aren't that common to begin win, so very short + good looking face is even less common.

Psycho

Psycho

KHV INCEL
-
3d 10h 43m
an actual fucking legit piece of knowledge , well done.

Villain

Villain

Banned
-
31d 19h 3m
Gymcelled said:
That's ok. Tbh neither do I because I've always wanted to be tall and I think it would save me if i suddenly became 6ft5+.

But I can still understand how it's possible for them to be lonely and get rejected
Its normal to get rejected but we are talking about getting rejected all the time cause this is what inceldom all about
tall incels exists but they are extremely rare, maybe like 0.00002 % of the population or rarer than that

Last edited:
horseshoe

horseshoe

Officer
★★★★
26d 2h 0m
dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

game over
★★★★★
88d 0m
So if I have a 3-4/10 face and 6'0 in height, what would that make me and would my height significantly help me ascend?

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
dreadtheblackpill said:
So if I have a 3-4/10 face and 6'0 in height, what would that make me and would my height significantly help me ascend?
With the harmonic mean you'd be a 4 or a 4.8/10 with the harmonic mean (for 3 and 4/10 in face respectively, since you're not sure about your face rating).
With the geometric mean it's 4.24 and 4.9

You'll notice this is lower than the 4.5 and 5 that would be predicted with an arithmetic mean

dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

game over
★★★★★
88d 0m
Gymcelled said:
With the harmonic mean you'd be a 4 or a 4.8/10 with the harmonic mean (for 3 and 4/10 in face respectively, since you're not sure about your face rating).
With the geometric mean it's 4.24 and 4.9

You'll notice this is lower than the 4.5 and 5 that would be predicted with an arithmetic mean
Interesting. Still being sub5 means it's over though :feelsrope:

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
dreadtheblackpill said:
Interesting. Still being sub5 means it's over though :feelsrope:
If you grow more and mew you might reach 5/10, maybe 6/10 if you become really tall (6'ft4+)

dreadtheblackpill

dreadtheblackpill

game over
★★★★★
88d 0m
Gymcelled said:
If you grow more and mew you might reach 5/10, maybe 6/10 if you become really tall (6'ft4+)
lifefuel

Honeypot

Honeypot

Wizard
★★★
21d 16h 58m
5/10 Height 5/10 Face > 2,5/10 Height and 7,5/10 Face
5/10 Height 5/10 Face > 7,5/10 Height 2,5/10 Face

But

7,5/10 Height 5/10 Face >? 5/10 Height 7,5/10 Face
(Woman on social media say yes most of the time, barely any attractive shortmale sympatizer)

Tenshi

Tenshi

もういいよ
★★★★★
75d 16h 36m
mirin high iq

being short and ethnic is such a failo for me, I genuinely believe I'd be decent look if wasn't for my pheno and height.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
Tenshi said:
mirin high iq

being short and ethnic is such a failo for me, I genuinely believe I'd be decent look if wasn't for my pheno and height.
Are your a ricecel?

Reddit_is_for_cucks

Reddit_is_for_cucks

Overlord
★★★★★
54d 14h 56m
What’s the bottom line. I am too low iq

B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
124d 20h 2m
Reddit_is_for_cucks said:
Reddit is for cucks. Don't use reddit.

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
Basically you can't simply average things arithmetically if one of your scores (height or face) is very bad, you get a 20lbs phone effect that fucks you over and drags you down.

Reddit_is_for_cucks

Reddit_is_for_cucks

Overlord
★★★★★
54d 14h 56m
Gymcelled said:
Basically you can't simply average things arithmetically if one of your scores (height or face) is very bad, you get a 20lbs phone effect that fucks you over and drags you down.
So better to be average than a tall cell or chad manlet (5’4)

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
So better to be average than a tall cell or chad manlet (5’4)
Usually yeah

Arthas93

Arthas93

Always remember that we all will die.
★★★★
28d 21h 14m
High IQ and good thread.

erenyeager

erenyeager

Destroy the world for inceldia
★★★★★
35d 7h 59m
Gymcelled said:
I'm expecting some ugly tallfags and manlets coming and saying "BUT THE OTHER CANT BE INCEL, BULLSHIT". It always happens

The point of the post is to try to bring people together to some extent. You do NOT have to believe that face and height are equally as strong to admit with this model that anyone can be inkwel if they score really bad at one or the other. Hopefully that helps people see things differently

That's ok. Tbh neither do I because I've always wanted to be tall and I think it would save me if i suddenly became 6ft5+.

But I can still understand how it's possible for them to be lonely and get rejected
High IQ

Gone Coping

Gone Coping

Legend
★★
34d 11h 5m
tallfag gaslighting has reached levels unthought of

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
Gone Coping said:
tallfag gaslighting has reached levels unthought of
I'm king of manlet height

happiless

happiless

Overlord
★★★★★
119d 10h 33m
Get your point but if you have a 10 height (6'3, yes not 6'7 or some shit 6'3 is optimal unless you're in the Netherlands) and a 3 face, you'd have pretty good looks according to your model right? Face > height but still, if you have about a 4 face as a tallfag you're not a real incel, unless you have severe autism. A 3 face at 6'3 I can buy, barely, but you're still pretty close to a 5 with those stats.

G

GermaniaIncelia

incel vortex
-
23d 14h 10m
Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
happiless said:
Get your point but if you have a 10 height (6'3, yes not 6'7 or some shit 6'3 is optimal unless you're in the Netherlands) and a 3 face, you'd have pretty good looks according to your model right? Face > height but still, if you have about a 4 face as a tallfag you're not a real incel, unless you have severe autism. A 3 face at 6'3 I can buy, barely, but you're still pretty close to a 5 with those stats.
I really don't think that 6ft3 is 10/10, more like 8/10, maybe 9/10 in places like riceland/curryland. On tiktok and social media foids have been pushing for 6ft5/6ft6 a lot, I've seen plenty of posts on reddit saying "eh my bf is 6ft2/6ft3, nothing special"

But assuming 6ft3 is 10/10 height + 3/10 face, and face ~height we get 5.5 with the geometric mean and 4.6 with the harmonic mean.

So we're predicting normie looks essentially (~5/10). If you assume that face is stronger than height it's going to be more like a 4/10.

I'd say sub4 is real inceldom, 4-6/10 is more like normie territory (with 4/10 being low tier normie, the nearcels). That being said you don't need to have sub4 looks to be an incel in practical terms nowadays. Depends where you live, depends on your money/status etc it's possible

Obviously a 5/10 dude will never relate to a 3/10 subhuman, even if they're both equally inexperienced with women

Dr. Dicklet

Dr. Dicklet

Simps are the disease....and I am the cure
★★★★
9d 2h 9m
ionlycopenow said:
If I had a better hairline, lower third, and face I wouldn't even know what an incel was, jfl.
Same basically

BPJ

BPJ

Recruit
★★★★★
9d 8h 19m
Gymcelled said:
It's part of face to me. Lower third, eye area and hair are the 3 pillars of face

Lower third = jawline, chin and mouth, midface= philtrum, nose and maxilla/ cheekbones and eyes; upper third= forehead and hair

soymonkcel

soymonkcel

Trying to reach longevity escape velocity.
★★★★
31d 3h 46m
Selinity said:
This solves a lot of debate about Height vs Face
This model is great, but just wait until a paper comes out with the economic value of each trait. We got a post about that in the must-read section, but it only addresses looks overall and race, not particular traits.
ReturnOfSaddam said:
A fucking masterpiece, galactic IQ.

The 20lbs smartphone thing is fucking perfect, sums it up perfectly

This needs to be pinned immediately
Totally. Feels fresh since this is all personal harvest more that citing papares. Great post Gymcelled @Gymcelled

Neggr

Neggr

Kebabcel in western europe, it never began.
★★★★★
29d 7h 35m
Ok this is an amazing thread

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

★★★★★
124d 8h 48m
soymonkcel said:
Totally. Feels fresh since this is all personal harvest more that citing papares. Great post Gymcelled @Gymcelled
Neggr said:
Ok this is an amazing thread
:feelsautistic::heart:

sckicksal345

sckicksal345

humanity is a disgusting wretched depraved species
★★
51d 8h 0m
I feel iq mogged now, cant even escape the mog in the only incel forum there is. I fucking hate my life

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Autistic social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
33d 11h 14m
What's the graph look like for autism?

Mountainbikecel

Mountainbikecel

Genetiker und Evolutionspsychologe.
55d 6h 40m
yeah it's a non-linear interaction of sexual cues that determines your attractiveness

Arabcel9

Arabcel9

Captain
6d 6h 31m
BPJ said:
height gives you the best base smv tbh along with race

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8