Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Today is the day that it all began…

• Thread starter sinclair_silence
  • Start date
sinclair_silence

sinclair_silence

Mogged by Flies
★★★
It is now three years to the day since one of the most significant events in my life. It disturbs me that it has been this long without really any concrete change. I am near-certain that it was on this day—January 4, 2021—that I first accessed My Twisted World by Elliot Rodger. At any rate, this is the earliest date that I can find records of searches about ER in my online activity.

Now to be clear, I don't think his "solution" was right—neither in a moral or pragmatic sense. He probably could have become a decent author based on the quality of his work, maybe even done a screenplay that his film-maker dad could have adapted into a movie.

Anyway, I remember the early days of reading MTW—something just clicked, and certain ideas he presented were things I had even thought of before. The concept of an experience being wasted because he didn't have a girl to enjoy it with hit very close to home. Likewise the idea of a beautiful environment being darkest hell when you're alone is something that made so much sense to me, even now. In fact, the writing had such an impact on me that I got the idea of writing my own autobiography of sorts. That never really succeeded though, due to mental issues/lack of focus and what-not. I think if I tried again now, a disproportionate amount of it would probably just be about the last three years… :feelsbadman:

what would you name your own manifesto?

what would you name your own manifesto?
I came up with a decent title at one point but I don't want it online, sorry. However I did pick out this based quote from Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky that I thought could go in the beginning: “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth…”

I came up with a decent title at one point but I don't want it online, sorry. However I did pick out this based quote from Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky that I thought could go in the beginning: “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth…”
sounds great!

It is now three years to the day since one of the most significant events in my life. It disturbs me that it has been this long without really any concrete change. I am near-certain that it was on this day—January 4, 2021—that I first accessed My Twisted World by Elliot Rodger. At any rate, this is the earliest date that I can find records of searches about ER in my online activity.

Now to be clear, I don't think his "solution" was right—neither in a moral or pragmatic sense. He probably could have become a decent author based on the quality of his work, maybe even done a screenplay that his film-maker dad could have adapted into a movie.

Anyway, I remember the early days of reading MTW—something just clicked, and certain ideas he presented were things I had even thought of before. The concept of an experience being wasted because he didn't have a girl to enjoy it with hit very close to home. Likewise the idea of a beautiful environment being darkest hell when you're alone is something that made so much sense to me, even now. In fact, the writing had such an impact on me that I got the idea of writing my own autobiography of sorts. That never really succeeded though, due to mental issues/lack of focus and what-not. I think if I tried again now, a disproportionate amount of it would probably just be about the last three years… :feelsbadman:
Elliot Rodger is a very relatable person. He experienced a lot of things that we incels go through in our daily lives. He was a great writer too.