Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Thoughts on LOTR?

DarkStarDown

DarkStarDown

Born to off-grid, forced to soyciety.
★★★★★
I have yet to read the books, but they are on my list: I also am not even going to mention the new series, since that is an abysmal woke butchering of one of my favorite fictional universes.

The original trilogy is a work of art imo: The attention to detail, storytelling, CGI, acting, etc. is exceptional, serving to capture Tolkiens work in a way which is succinct but pays it the respective it deserves.

The hobbit is still fairly decent imo, but can't compare to the original trilogy: More Gandalf, good dwarf scenes, and more context is always good.

Here's some personal favorite scenes:

View: https://youtu.be/VfZBayQxkx8?si=cNLZWkar_VE8NzAX&t=175

Love the music & scenery here; Imagine having a friendship like the one which these three had.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-Jx-DjDaU

I always imagined how it would have been to be one of the soldiers here: Witnessing this massive battering-ram tear down the gate which kept you safe, and then seeing the horrors which followed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8TiA3RwIY

Very good scene; I love how the music ties in well with this. Here they were, just steamrolling the Orcs, when out of the background, approach those massive war-elephants accompanied by that eerie horn sound.

It's great how at 1:45 the music just cuts out: Indicating it won't be a heroic charge like last time, but rather, a massacre.

Feel free to share your thoughts about LOTR & favorite scenes from it below.

@Ron.Belgrade @Jud Pottah @nice_try @BELOW_Average_Joe

from what I heard the books are very detailed, for example tolkien will waste 5 pages describing the landscape and for that reason many people found them boring.

from what I heard the books are very detailed, for example tolkien will waste 5 pages describing the landscape and for that reason many people found them boring.
Perfect books for Inkwells then; what else do we have to do?

So far, i think my favorite LOTR movie is the first. Many prefer the last movie, but the prologue to it all is just like starting a new save file in RuneScape.

Btw the games for the PS2 are excellent. They capture the spirit of the movies.

The only thing I played that was related to LOTR was middle earth shadow of Mordor and the 2nd game shadow of war. On PS4

LOTR was insanely good

i didnt really like the hobbit, maybe bc i hyped it up too much in my head

anyway

lotr = 10/10

Never seen them. I might read the books though they seem interesting.

The LOTR Trilogy films are a legendary masterpiece that will still be relevant in a hundred years.
The Hobbit Trilogy was consoomer trash.

I watched the FOTR in 2001 in the cinema when i was 10 years old! Can you imagine that? I didn't really understand english that well and i couldn't read the subtitles so fast but it became one of my favourite films, two towers and ROTK is good too but the first movie always holds a special place in my heart. I got really scared when i was 10 years old when Galadriel transformed and became evil for some seconds. So i had to look down at the ground in the cinema. I have read the FOTR too but translated into Swedish. I have all three books from the 70s so it's an old translation.

The Hobbit was trash though. I only watched the first film.

I don't like it one bit. It's boring. I liked Steven Erikson' Malazan Book of the Fallen although you would probably hate it.

We were forced to do The Hobbit in school and I hated it.

I have yet to read the books, but they are on my list: I also am not even going to mention the new series, since that is an abysmal woke butchering of one of my favorite fictional universes.

The original trilogy is a work of art imo: The attention to detail, storytelling, CGI, acting, etc. is exceptional, serving to capture Tolkiens work in a way which is succinct but pays it the respective it deserves.

The hobbit is still fairly decent imo, but can't compare to the original trilogy: More Gandalf, good dwarf scenes, and more context is always good.

Love the music & scenery here; Imagine having a friendship like the one which these three had.

I always imagined how it would have been to be one of the soldiers here: Witnessing this massive battering-ram tear down the gate which kept you safe, and then seeing the horrors which followed.

Very good scene; I love how the music ties in well with this. Here they were, just steamrolling the Orcs, when out of the background, approach those massive war-elephants accompanied by that eerie horn sound.

It's great how at 1:45 the music just cuts out: Indicating it won't be a heroic charge like last time, but rather, a massacre.

i read the hobbit like 2 times

I've read the books as well as The Hobbit and Silmarillion. The books are more heavy on world building and feel almost alive to an extent. Movies are an action highlight reels compilation that remove a lot of the world building and more quiet enjoyable scenes but still good.

J.R.R. Tolkien was a massive Chud. In the books a key plot point is Saruman and Sauron using ethnic foreigners to invade. Tolkien describes the black invaders as "Out of Far Harad black men like half-trolls with white eyes and red tongues."

i read the hobbit like 2 times
What did you make of it?
LOTR was insanely good
Indeed it was: It's one of my favorites of all time & I consider both the books & movies works of art.
i didnt really like the hobbit, maybe bc i hyped it up too much in my head
It's still enjoyable, but you should not have approached it expecting it to even be comparable to the original LOTR.
anyway

lotr = 10/10
More like 11/10
I watched the FOTR in 2001 in the cinema when i was 10 years old! Can you imagine that?
Not really, since when I was young my parents watched them with me also.
I didn't really understand english that well and i couldn't read the subtitles so fast but it became one of my favourite films, two towers and ROTK is good too but the first movie always holds a special place in my heart.
I like them all, but the Two Towers & ROTK are better than the first imo; I've seen the extended edition of all three.
I got really scared when i was 10 years old when Galadriel transformed and became evil for some seconds.
Kek, that never really scared me much: However, the fucking spider scene would always scare the shit outta me & my parents always fast forwarded it whilst I hid behind the couch :feelskek:.

So i had to look down at the ground in the cinema. I have read the FOTR too but translated into Swedish. I have all three books from the 70s so it's an old translation.
I need to read them.
The Hobbit was trash though. I only watched the first film.
Eh, I find it still enjoyable but as I said it can't even be compared: I'd give them about a 5.5/10, though I liked the big battle in the final one.

I don't like it one bit. It's boring.
The movies, books, or both? And what did you find boring?
I liked Steven Erikson' Malazan Book of the Fallen although you would probably hate it.
Why so? I mean, I'm always willing to at least give it a go since I need to copemaxx & read more.
The LOTR Trilogy films are a legendary masterpiece that will still be relevant in a hundred years.
I have a theory that a hundred years from now, they will be analyzed as perfect examples of film art.
The Hobbit Trilogy was consoomer trash.
Fair enough.

but you should not have approached it expecting it to even be comparable to the original LOTR.
yeah this for sure

i got audible a few weeks ago and gonna give the books a shot sometime soon

What did you make of it?

Indeed it was: It's one of my favorites of all time & I consider both the books & movies works of art.

It's still enjoyable, but you should not have approached it expecting it to even be comparable to the original LOTR.

More like 11/10

Not really, since when I was young my parents watched them with me also.

I like them all, but the Two Towers & ROTK are better than the first imo; I've seen the extended edition of all three.

Kek, that never really scared me much: However, the fucking spider scene would always scare the shit outta me & my parents always fast forwarded it whilst I hid behind the couch :feelskek:.

I need to read them.

Eh, I find it still enjoyable but as I said it can't even be compared: I'd give them about a 5.5/10, though I liked the big battle in the final one.

Why so? I mean, I'm always willing to at least give it a go since I need to copemaxx & read more.

I have a theory that a hundred years from now, they will be analyzed as perfect examples of film art.

Fair enough.
hobbit was an enjoyable read tbh, very entertaining and packed with fun yay!

I enjoyed it as a small kid I played the dvd so much it would glitch out 2 hours into the film

J.R.R. Tolkien was a massive Chud. In the books a key plot point is Saruman and Sauron using ethnic foreigners to invade. Tolkien describes the black invaders as "Out of Far Harad black men like half-trolls with white eyes and red tongues."
Kek based as fuck; I've had this theory for awhile.

Here's sort of my take on it:
-Gondor=South Europe/South Europeans/Rome
-Rohan=North Europeans; mainly Anglo-Saxons & Celts.
-Orcs=Niggers & Spics(mainly Mestizos)
-Haradrim=Arabs
-Easterlings=Asiatic Turks
-Isengard=Byzantium/Constantinople
-Mordor=Israel
-Mount Doom=Mount Zion
-The Rings=Abrahamic Religions
-Sauron=Kalus Schwab, Bankers, WEF, etc.
-Saruman=Biden, most "elected" leaders, etc.
will maybe update more.

What do you guys think?

@Corvus @TBIcel @Puppeter @Adolf Hitler @Uggo Mongo @Chudpreet @wereq

Kek based as fuck; I've had this theory for awhile.

Here's sort of my take on it:
-Gondor=South Europe/South Europeans/Rome
-Rohan=North Europeans; mainly Anglo-Saxons & Celts.
-Orcs=Niggers & Spics(mainly Mestizos)
-Haradrim=Arabs
-Easterlings=Asiatic Turks
-Isengard=Byzantium/Constantinople
-Mordor=Israel
-Mount Doom=Mount Zion
-The Rings=Abrahamic Religions
-Sauron=Kalus Schwab, Bankers, WEF, etc.
-Saruman=Biden, most "elected" leaders, etc.
will maybe update more.

What do you guys think?

@Corvus @TBIcel @Puppeter @Adolf Hitler @Uggo Mongo @Chudpreet @wereq
Kek

Yeah jfl; it's such a blackpill reading fiction & being able to notice the correlation between what it describes & irl "happenings"

What did you think of my take btw?

Yeah jfl; it's such a blackpill reading fiction & being able to notice the correlation between what it describes & irl "happenings"

What did you think of my take btw?
Amusing

abysmal woke butchering of one of my favorite fictional universes.
Without reading the books, your hatred for rings of power has a far worse foundation then of those who have read it. No, viewing youtbe videos explaining why is not valid, because you do not posses the necessery knowledge to deem it just and sure, you don't know if it was done approprietly to lore and examples used were not deceivingly weaponized.

Do incel documentaries represent us well? Do conferences describing us?

Like Aragorn said to Eomer:

“And yet, Eomer, I say to you that she loves you more truly than me, for you she loves and knows; but in me she loves only a shadow and a thought: a hope of glory and great deeds, and lands far from the fields of Rohan."​

You too love a shadw and thought, because this quote above me, was never said to her directly, unlike in the movie.
Again, you didn't read the books, but...You know it represents Tolkien well? How can you know? Maybe it was Peter Jackson who made it with his own 2 cents the masterwork and classic that we know? For me, Pippin stabbing the witch-king with a dagger without showing it was from Tom Bombadil diminishes the power Sauron was perceived to have, a mere dagger doing that damage to to the first of the Nazgul?
This music wasn't hearable when I read the book. Do you know why some people listen to rap? Precisely because of the music, less for the words. Music masks bad quality, makes you feel power and awe, its a coeficient positive to the total value. Have you judged the movie taking away the feelings music arouses in you?

If you're are what the Herrenvolk can do, then God save the Jews, and let them rule over you.

The movies. Never go to pick up the books.
Well Malazan has like extreme ethnic diversity but it isn't really forced and has multitude of other races beside blacks.(The series has a lot of Arab coded/Brown characters so I kinda feel represented I guess:forcedsmile:). Heck non Human races probably fill a large part of the diversity and the main protags come from all races(the closest character the series has to a main character is a ginger). My favourite character from that series is non human.

If you can overlook the diversity(which again is actually enjoyable and natural and not the woke Netflix shit) you can read it and you will definitely enjoy it. It's really Philosophical and often debates question like nature of suffering, freedom and morality. A massive tear jerker too.

The movies. Never go to pick up the books.
I see: The movies are some of my favorites, but I can see why some wouldn't enjoy them.

Meanwhile, I've watched the extended edition of the original trilogy tons of times now jfl. :feelsWizard::feelsmage:
Well Malazan has like extreme ethnic diversity but it isn't really forced and has multitude of other races beside blacks.(The series has a lot of Arab coded/Brown characters so I kinda feel represented I guess:forcedsmile:).
Kek, nothing wrong with that.

A big reason as to why I like LOTR, is simply due to the fact that part of the reason Tolkien wrote it was to give the British isles sort of a mythology of its own. I have quite a bit of ancestry from the British Isles: Mainly Anglo & Welsh, but maybe some Irish as well.

I'm actually fine with their being diversity in entertainment, as long as it's not the modern globohomo forced multicultural sense. I like it when it's the "natural" sense which you spoke of.
Heck non Human races probably fill a large part of the diversity and the main protags come from all races(the closest character the series has to a main character is a ginger). My favourite character from that series is non human.
I actually quite like non-human species in fiction; my personal favorites being Elves in fantasy like lotr, dwarves, and some species in Sci-Fi.
If you can overlook the diversity(which again is actually enjoyable and natural and not the woke Netflix shit) you can read it and you will definitely enjoy it.
It's really Philosophical and often debates question like nature of suffering, freedom and morality. A massive tear jerker too.
I maybe will give it a read then: I enjoy books that have philosophical elements to them.

Dunsany mogs Tolkien

The silmarillion is really good. You wont regret.

The fact that a film series as anti-modern as The Lord of The Rings was even made raises interesting questions. The typical extreme right position is that Jews control the film industry, so why was this perfect piece of art produced?

Money?

The problem here is that it could have still made tons of money while having subversive elements. And extreme rightists theorise that the media masters desire to control and propagandise us even above making money.

Is that series secretly subversive in some way? If so, how?

An alternative perspective would be that Jews do not control every aspect of the film industry, or at least they didn't 20-25 years ago.

Any thoughts?​

I like it. Gollum is my favourite character, he's just like me.

I am gonna pick the Books boyo. I want to see more Right Wing Allegories. JRR Tolkein seems gigabased.

I am gonna pick the Books boyo.
As will I soon: I think my dad has some copies from the 70s, so I will just ask for those.
I want to see more Right Wing Allegories. JRR Tolkein seems gigabased.
He was indeed, he was probably very high-IQ also.

He was a pre-Chudcel.

I also saw the movie they did about his life once: It was brutal to see just how WWI went, since he lost basically all his friends in it. However, it was interesting to see how much was also inspired from the conflict & industrial period of the time.

I loved both the books and the movies. Tolkien's Legendarium is one of my favorite fantasy settings.

Reading the books currently. It's true that tolkein likes to be very detailed in describing the settings, I don't mind it though.