Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

This is why i love buddhism

Inbuddhist

Inbuddhist

Major
"Traditional Buddhist attitudes toward women associate the feminine with the sensual realm as opposed to the Dharma realm. Women are either depicted as lustful temptresses who threaten the spiritual welfare of monks or as the maternal source of man’s anguish and pain. One level of hell described in both Theravadin and Mahayana literatures depicts a realm which is populated by elderly, grotesquely formed women. This association of the temptress/seductress with the death of the spiritual being is also depicted by the daughters of Mara: Lust, Aversion, and Craving.

A few passages from "The Tale of King Udayana of Valsa" from the Collection of Jewels illustrates the mon’s insecurities about women and their beliefs that women are the causes of evil and suffering.
"Women can be
The cause of great suffering.
If desire is destroyed
There will be everlasting happiness."
"The dead snake and dog
Are detestable,
But women are even more
Detestable than they are"

buddhism would be literally the last religion I would fucking seek out if I wanted an excuse to shit on women. seems completely out of left field for buddhism tbh, but then again i only pay attention to the secular teachings.

"If desire is destroyed

in that passage, sounds like the problem is desire, not the object of desire per se, which i agree with.

i want to become a Buddhist monk ive started doing metta meditation recently

buddhism would be literally the last religion I would fucking seek out if I wanted an excuse to shit on women. seems completely out of left field for buddhism tbh, but then again i only pay attention to the secular teachings.

"If desire is destroyed

in that passage, sounds like the problem is desire, not the object of desire per se, which i agree with.

Have you read the rest or are you nitpicking ?

It's obvious that no desire = no problem, but that doesn't deny that women do elicit desire a lot. If you've read the rest of the text instead of nitpicking, that point is made obvious.

And what do you mean by left field ? Western Buddhism has nothing to do with original buddhism.

i want to become a Buddhist monk ive started doing metta meditation recently

I wish you good luck brother.

Try to stick to the path of right speech (hard to do in this forum) if you want to attain nirvana faster.

Religion is interently blackpilled about women. No mode of religious thought could ever exist as a model for functional civilizations unless it enforces a patriarchal heiarchy. Without the patriarchy, stable families fail to form, and civilization crumbles.

Religion is interently blackpilled about women. No mode of religious thought could ever exist as a model for functional civilizations unless it enforces a patriarchal heiarchy. Without the patriarchy, stable families fail to form, and civilization crumbles.

Buddhism is the most blackpilled, islam for instance still worship women by making them into heaven gift and encourages marriage, while buddhism depise their sexual nature even in the afterlife and encourages celibacy for people wanting to be liberated.

Have you read the rest or are you nitpicking ?

It's obvious that no desire = no problem, but that doesn't deny that women do elicit desire a lot. If you've read the rest of the text instead of nitpicking, that point is made obvious.

And what do you mean by left field ? Western Buddhism has nothing to do with original buddhism.

misogyny is generally not considered a primary theme of buddhism like it is in the Abrahamic religions AFAICT, but I'm probably just ignorant of such things. I only have a superficial understanding of buddhism, but as far as I know, it is believed desire is what leads to dukkha ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukkha ) -- one of the primary tenets of buddhism ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_marks_of_existence ). Feel free to correct me.

In fact, after googling what's in your opening post, it makes me wonder if you're cherry picking passages? Looks like your post was a copy pasta from some undergrad essay, where the full-text starts with:

Buddhist literature contains a wide range of views of women, from extreme misogynist attitudes to religious ideals of nondiscrimination and universal salvation. Buddhism is a male-created institution dominated by a patriarchal power structure, and as a result, the feminine is often associated with the secular, profane, powerless, and imperfect. Despite these attitudes, women have continued to prove that their spiritual needs and capacities are as great as men’s.

lol. why you shitposting brah

misogyny is generally not considered a primary theme of buddhism like it is in the Abrahamic religions AFAICT, but I'm probably just ignorant of such things. I only have a superficial understanding of buddhism, but as far as I know, it is believed desire is what leads to dukkha ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukkha ) -- one of the primary tenets of buddhism ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_marks_of_existence ). Feel free to correct me.

In fact, after googling what's in your opening post, it makes me wonder if you're cherry picking passages? Looks like your post was a copy pasta from some undergrad essay, where the full-text starts with:

lol. why you shitposting brah

So in the stuff you've posted it says that it contains misogynist view lol.

Obviously it's a copy paste, i don't use a " " for original content, the " " is made to show a copy pasta.

And i never say misogynism is the core of buddhism bro, but buddhism do contains extremely misogynistic content, i'll link you my other post about it if u want.

Check this

https://incels.is/threads/buddhism-provides-nice-copes.25325/

Last edited:
Buddhism isn't even a religion, I don't know why people think that it is.

All religions correctly pinpoint women as the root and cause of all mankinds suffering.

Buddhist extremist are f-cking cunts though. I would nuke them.

Buddhism isn't even a religion, I don't know why people think that it is.

It is a religion, it has cosmology, gods, demi-gods etc (altough i don't believe in that shit i believe only in the more psychological oriented facts - attachment is the root of suffering, life is dukkha )

So in the stuff you've posted it says that it contains misogynist view lol.

yeh I'm not denying it has mysogynistic elements, but I think given the range of views expressed on women within Buddhism, even in early buddhist text, to list it as a reason for why you love the religion necessarily implies you're probably cherry picking. As the wiki article suggests, "The mix of positive attitudes to femininity with blatantly negative sentiment has led many writers to characterise early Buddhism's attitude to women as deeply ambivalent." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Buddhism#Women_in_Early_Buddhism

yeh I'm not denying it has mysogynistic elements, but I think given the range of views expressed on women within Buddhism, even in early buddhist text, to list it as a reason for why you love the religion necessarily implies you're probably cherry picking. As the wiki article suggests, "The mix of positive attitudes to femininity with blatantly negative sentiment has led many writers to characterise early Buddhism's attitude to women as deeply ambivalent." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Buddhism#Women_in_Early_Buddhism

It is ambivalent, but the misogynist parts are extremely hilarious and extreme in their dissing of women. Look at the thead i've linked you. JFL at the "cesspool of dirt"

Any religion that believes that this world is a kind of illness to be got rid of by prayer and by respecting all life and by not wanting earthly possessions is enormously helpful to a ruler. After all, if people don't want material things, they won't want what we've got.

Any religion that believes that this world is a kind of illness to be got rid of by prayer and by respecting all life and by not wanting earthly possessions is enormously helpful to a ruler. After all, if people don't want material things, they won't want what we've got.

All religions are good for rules, that's true.

It is ambivalent, but the misogynist parts are extremely hilarious and extreme in their dissing of women. Look at the thead i've linked you. JFL at the "cesspool of dirt"
idk.. with age, my sexual desire has waned to the point I no longer feel a compulsion to resent women. It's kinda like how, even though scatophilia/coprophilia is a thing, no one feels compelled to write long angry diatribes and passages about how awful poop is to play with. Desire... is what leads to suffering, anger, resentment, misogyny, envy. Without desire... there truly is no care. That whole central tenet of Desire --> Dukkha/Suffering is one of the main things that attracted me to secular versions of Buddhist teaching in the first place. So, when you associate it with a clearly reactionary cope it actually kinda sours it for me tbh

btw are you a legit practicing Buddhist (and raised as a Buddhist, etc)?

idk.. with age, my sexual desire has waned to the point I no longer feel a compulsion to resent women. It's kinda like how, even though scatophilia/coprophilia is a thing, no one feels compelled to write long angry diatribes and passages about how awful poop is to play with. Desire... is what leads to suffering, anger, resentment, misogyny, envy. Without desire... there truly is no care. That whole central tenet of Desire --> Dukkha/Suffering is one of the main things that attracted me to secular versions of Buddhist teaching in the first place. So, when you associate it with a clearly reactionary cope it actually kinda sours it for me tbh

btw are you a legit practicing Buddhist (and raised as a Buddhist, etc)?

No i'm just convinced that buddhism makes a lot of true claims and is the closest philosophy/religion to the truth (life is dukkha, attachment is the root of suffering etc), hence my username "InvoluntaryBuddhist"

No i'm just convinced that buddhism makes a lot of true claims and is the closest philosophy/religion to the truth (life is dukkha, attachment is the root of suffering etc), hence my username "InvoluntaryBuddhist"
If all buddhists were killed off, would this world be any different? Given that they sit around and do nothing but "meditate" and cope for their boring and empty lives.

Last edited:
If all buddhists were killed off, would this world be any different? Given that they sit around and do nothing but "meditate" and cope for their boring and empty lives.

Too many misconceptions about buddhism. Actually meditation isn't even that present in buddhism, it's more of a western thing.

And buddhism does encourage one to work, earning a "right livelihood"

And it may be boring to you from the outside, but if they're happy inside, who cares ?

Shall i remind you that nothing has objective value ? Nor the buddhist nor a well-functionning capitalist society

idk much about buddhism tbh

Living in a Buddhist monastery in the mountains would be a dream of mine so I can rest in peace away from this degenerate society

Living in a Buddhist monastery in the mountains would be a dream of mine so I can rest in peace away from this degenerate society
i'd love to live alone in the mountains