Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Therapist - experiences?

accelERationist

accelERationist

Marxist-Rodgerist
★★★★★
The staff is trying to get me to see a therapist. I talk to my psychiatrist quite often and she adjusts my medication. But apparently I should go to some CB therapy or something, I have no idea what to expect. So do you have experiences, should I go see a shrink? I am a schizo.

Therapist

Rejected by 4 therapists because 'they were not equipped to handle my problems'

bs advice, a bunch of shams. I would not recommend

I'm not sure what I would say to a therapist.
My issues are beyond my control.

I'm not sure what I would say to a therapist.
My issues are beyond my control.
Same, I mean I have hallucinations and imagine people plot against me, I don't know how cognitive behaviour therapy can change that. But I do have social anxiety as well so who knows.

TheRapist are useless, they only say meaningless shit, and doesnt give real solutions. They (unironically) be saying shit like "Oh just water some plants", or "Try to take showers and maintain hygiene", or "Try to write down your thoughts", i know because thats the shit my TheRapist said. Youre better of going to a cosmetic surgeon than to waste money on them.

I went to a free university therapist for a while after I tried to rope. It helped in that it I would've been totally isolated from any human connection otherwise. However I have not had success finding lasting help from one. I believe that maybe 5% are actually useful and it is extremely expensive and tedious to find that minority. I do not have the budget to keep trying, nor am I desperate enough at this point.