Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory The Only Reason USA Hasn’t Collapsed

No it isn't.
Yes it is. Renewables only make up 15.7% of energy production. Those 66 countries that use  mostly (not fully) renewable energy I'm going to guess aren't fully self sufficient economies either.

Yes it is. Renewables only make up 15.7% of energy production. Those 66 countries that use  mostly (not fully) renewable energy I'm going to guess aren't fully self sufficient economies either.
Over 22% of the US's energy comes from renewables and in the EU it's 22% and it's planned to be 32% by 2030.
I would say that Norway (71% renewables) is quite a self sufficient economy.

Over 22% of the US's energy comes from renewables and in the EU it's 22% and it's planned to be 32% by 2030.
I would say that Norway (71% renewables) is quite a self sufficient economy.
Ok so while US is snailing to to a measly 1/3 renewable, what will happen to it's energy abundance if oil becomes scarce?

I don't mean self sufficient energy, self sufficient *economy*. What could happen to Norway's economy if for instance China and US' energy supply becomes too scarce to export goods? They may be better off than most but they won't get past unscathed.

Ok so while US is snailing to to a measly 1/3 renewable, what will happen to it's energy abundance if oil becomes scarce?

I don't mean self sufficient energy, self sufficient *economy*. What could happen to Norway's economy if for instance China and US' energy supply becomes too scarce to export goods? They may be better off than most but they won't get past unscathed.
By this logic, no economy is self sufficient, including the countries using oil.

Yes, which means that all countries will benefit from changing to renewables.
Yes in the sense goodbye globalism hello localism, and the society that emerges afterward having to use less electricity, which would be good for them whether they know it or not. Imagine no more smart phones, that can only be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back