Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL The monstrous-feminine in the incel imagination: investigating the representation of women as “femoids” on /r/Braincels

• Thread starter your personality
  • Start date
Y

your personality

Self-banned
-
Link
ABSTRACT
This article presents a study of the discourses circulating /r/Braincels, the (now-defunct) forum on Reddit for self-proclaimed “incels,” that bolster the belief in the structural victimisation of men under a purported gynocentric order. Particularly, it uses feminist critical discourse analysis to explore perceptions created by the term “femoid,” a pejorative generated by incels to refer to women. It examines the dehumanising characteristics of “femoid” that construct women as an abject Other—a monstrous-feminine—thereby justifying the violence enacted on them. I demonstrate how, rather than being unique to online spaces, the misogyny expressed on /r/Braincels is linked to and enabled by broader social practices that similarly position women as inferior Others; these attitudes are symptomatic of, not anomalous to, the deeply misogynistic society we live in.
@shii410 you might like this.

Last edited:
Before talking about foid dehumanization can they first start by humanizing them? :feelsjuice:

Before talking about foid dehumanization can they first start by humanizing them? :feelsjuice:
Women can do no wrong sweaty it's probably a man's fault she felt the need to resort to those kinds of inhumane actions :soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:

Great. Another feminist pretending to be an academic by whining about misogyny

> justifying the violence enacted on them
> incels justifying violence against women by sexhavers
> ???
What is this even supposed to mean :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

This is what comes of all those "women's studies" and gender studies departments these days Ig.
Once I didn't really know why a lot of guys in the manosphere used to celebrate when funding for women's studies and gender studies was cut or the departments axed altogether. But now I realize why they might have felt that way...

Oh, good lord. It's shit like this that make people not want to take science seriously.

Of course they won't, foids are, by default, perfect humans and can do no wrong. :feelstastyman:

All you need to know about this foid tbh

24a985e3ceb0a0289ab7c8449296083f.png

>First publication
>Low pay grade study
>Inept understanding of inceldom.
>Water is wet tier analysis of incels
>One person conducting the study
>No idea why we even started saying "femoid/foid" as an ironic twist and wasn't even intended to be "dehumanizing" in the first place
>noodlewhore
jfl at this

I'm really not a fan of using that term "foid" or "femoid", precisely because it exposes us to that kind of easy argument.

It's counterproductive, especially since we have a perfectly accurate term : female, which I like to use because it's more general than "woman" or "girl" as it does not assume anything about age.

You can be based without making any word up.

I could tell this was your tumbler brand feminist as soon as she said “discourse”

Someone’s gotta add “discourse” to the list of words soys use all the time

Ridiculous literature I feel like I'm reading an abstract about bigfoot.

Top kek : the absolute humiliating state of western academia.

Im surprised there are so many college foids who make research papers on incels.

It's all mumbo jumbo, can these people not write in word salad constantly?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back