Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Summer Anime Picks

Not directly related, but announcement for all the animecels who have yet to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, part 5 is coming out later this year, so it's time to catch up. :feelzez:

tumblr_p4pgc92zea1x45aa0o3_500.gif

Not directly related, but announcement for all the animecels who have yet to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, part 5 is coming out later this year, so it's time to catch up. :feelzez:

tumblr_p4pgc92zea1x45aa0o3_500.gif
I've never watched it, is it actually good or just a meme?

I've never watched it, is it actually good or just a meme?
Can't stand the memeing, shithole fanbase, so I ignore it, but as for the manga/anime itself, it's real good, one of the most unique, high quality shonens out there, I really enjoyed all 8 parts.
In terms of visuals and art design it's fantastic, probably it's biggest strength, I'd watch it for that alone tbh, very interesting, colorful characters and world, great action and battles, 'Stands' (the characters weird fighting ghosts/abilities are pretty genius, and keep the series fresh, after they come in, in part 3). Themes, anime tropes, everything, is turned up to 11 and made very stylistic and overblown, in a fun way. Each of the 8 parts are mostly self contained, with standalone characters and stories, different tones and settings, so it doesn't suffer from growing stale and repetitive like a lot of shows/reads.
That being said, it is definitely not for everyone, it has its flaws and I totally get why a lot of people don't like it, but I'd recommend checking it out for a while, at least. A lot of the hype is deserved, a series that has been running since the 80s and only growing more popular must be doing something right.

gif-jojo-8.gif

Dropped Banana Fish as it's way too silly (it's trying to be serious). It's a crime show set in New York where all the gangs are composed of diverse twinks. Dropped Back Street Girls too because the animation is just awful, can't get past it. Updated list:

Harukana Receive, Grand Blue, Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro, Asobi Asobase, and Aguu: Tensai Ningyou.
Can't stand the memeing, shithole fanbase, so I ignore it, but as for the manga/anime itself, it's real good, one of the most unique, high quality shonens out there, I really enjoyed all 8 parts.
In terms of visuals and art design it's fantastic, probably it's biggest strength, I'd watch it for that alone tbh, very interesting, colorful characters and world, great action and battles, 'Stands' (the characters weird fighting ghosts/abilities are pretty genius, and keep the series fresh, after they come in, in part 3). Themes, anime tropes, everything, is turned up to 11 and made very stylistic and overblown, in a fun way. Each of the 8 parts are mostly self contained, with standalone characters and stories, different tones and settings, so it doesn't suffer from growing stale and repetitive like a lot of shows/reads.
That being said, it is definitely not for everyone, it has its flaws and I totally get why a lot of people don't like it, but I'd recommend checking it out for a while, at least. A lot of the hype is deserved, a series that has been running since the 80s and only growing more popular must be doing something right.

gif-jojo-8.gif
Cool, I'll check it out after seeing if any of the shows this season are worth watching.
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro was alright, but not good enough to keep watching.

Harukana Receive, Grand Blue, Asobi Asobase, and Aguu: Tensai Ningyou.

Last edited:
Baki the Grappler
this - can’t wait for Dorian vs Suedo on the roller coaster and Hanayama vs Speck

also watching Yama no Susume, (need my dose of CGDCT) and Nanatsu no Taizai movie

Original Plot
Nice. I've only watched the first season. I really loved the start but I felt like it started to fall apart and get repetitive with the school stuff.

Nice. I've only watched the first season. I really loved the start but I felt like it started to fall apart and get repetitive with the school stuff.
You might like the illegals manga, set in the same world but focuses on the vigilantes.

I just cope with my manga and novels tbh, anime has turned into a normie cancer. From time to time I watch adaptations or original but stopped halfway because it's a bad adaptation, I dread my favorite isekai novels getting adapted will turn into shit

I just cope with my manga and novels tbh, anime has turned into a normie cancer. From time to time I watch adaptations or original but stopped halfway because it's a bad adaptation, I fear my favorite isekai novels getting adapted will turn into shit
Good point, tbh. Nearly everything is garbage. Just comparing animation quality, stuff from the 70s and 80s to stuff today, wew, it's sad.

I just cope with my manga and novels tbh, anime has turned into a normie cancer. From time to time I watch adaptations or original but stopped halfway because it's a bad adaptation, I dread my favorite isekai novels getting adapted will turn into shit
pretty much, only thing I can stand is moe blob, most novels I read are behind on translations or I’m too lazy to catch up. Most romance manga I read are good and there are a lot out there.

Good point, tbh. Nearly everything is garbage. Just comparing animation quality, stuff from the 70s and 80s to stuff today, wew, it's sad.
pretty much, only thing I can stand is moe blob, most novels I read are behind on translations or I’m too lazy to catch up. Most romance manga I read are good and there are a lot out there.
The only anime I can recommend right now is Yamato 2202, if you already watched 2199 remake