Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill [STUDY] Inexperienced men have lower standards than experienced men

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
You know how bluepilled cuckfags tell involuntary celibates to lower their standards and stop chasing women out of their league? Well, it turns out, that inexperienced men don't typically do that. they have lower physical standards. Link to study here.

110 volunteers with 47 male and 63 female (mean age=22.36 years, SD=3.64) (the vast majority of them were heterosexual) participated in this study.
In the framework of the “Tinder” task, participants indicated their romantic and sexual interest in a first step. Therefore, they were asked in which gender they are primarily interested in (opposite gender: Nmales = 45 and Nfemales = 61; same gender: Nmales = 2 and Nfemales = 2; notably, we avoided the terms hetero-, homo- and bisexual at this point since this item was to determine whether pictures of men or women were shown subsequently). Depending on their answer, they were then shown pictures of either 40 female or 40 male medium attractive faces. On 20 pictures, participants indicated their romantic interest. This involved three items to be answered on a 1 = not at all to 6 = very much response scale (“I would like to take up contact with this person to get to know her/him romantically”, “I would like to arrange a romantic date with this person”, “I would like to meet this person on a romantic date”; α = 0.95). On the other 20 pictures, participants indicated their sexual interest. Therefore, they responded to the same three items as before; however, the word “romantic” was replaced with the word “sexual” (α = 0.97). Which of the 40 pictures were shown for the romantic and sexual category was randomized across participants, as well as the order in which they were shown.

Next paragraph right below but read this: according to the methodology, they wanted to use average-looking people because it's the best way to measure how high a person's standards can be (because many people get attracted to conventionally attractive people but not many like ugly people. Apparently, women are more conventionally attractive than men on average:
The stimulus materials for the “Tinder” task was created as follows: A total of 271 pictures of friendly-looking faces was pretested for their level of attractivity. These pictures were obtained from a social media platform to appear as naturally as possible. Thirty-one participants indicated how attractive they experienced each of the depicted persons on a 1 = not at all to 8 = very much response scale. Those 80 pictures which ranged most closely around the mean were chosen for the OT study (male: M = 2.91, SD = 0.90, Min = 1.33, Max = 5.40; female: M = 3.63, SD = 0.90, Min = 1.81, Max = 5.63).

Screen Shot 2021 11 28 at 24454 PM
Screen Shot 2021 11 28 at 24505 PM

In the study, inexperienced men had more romantic/sexual interest in a woman with medium physical attractiveness. Oxytocin made inexperienced men more selective. Inexperienced men were more romantically interested in medium attractiveness women than experienced men. In other words, they were less selective than experienced men. With oxytocin, inexperienced men were only slightly less interested romantically in medium attractiveness women than experienced men (in other words: only slightly more selective). When it came to romantic interest, oxytocin made both experienced and inexperienced men more selective, especially inexperienced men. It reduced romantic interest for both types of men, especially inexperienced men. Inexperienced men had more sexual interest in medium attractiveness women than experienced men, but less sexual interest in medium attractiveness women than experienced men when the men all were taking oxytocin. Oxytocin reduced sexual interest in inexperienced men but did not affect sexual interest in experienced men. In short, inexperienced men are less selective than experienced men, but are slightly more selective and officially more selective than experienced men when it comes to oxytocin. Inexperienced men have their romantic/sexual interest reduced with oxytocin.

On the other hand, inexperienced women were slightly less romantically interested in medium-attractiveness men than experienced women, therefore slightly more picky than experienced women. Under oxytocin, however, they were officially more romantically interested in medium attractiveness men than experienced women (AKA less selective than experienced women). Oxytocin increased romantic interest in inexperienced women but decreased romantic interest in experienced women. When it came to sexual interest, they were a little less sexually interested in medium attractiveness men than experienced women (AKA a little pickier than experienced women), but officially more sexually interested in medium attractiveness men than experienced women when both were under oxytocin (AKA less picky than experienced women). Oxytocin reduced sexual interest in experienced women but slightly increased sexual interest in inexperienced women. In short, inexperienced women are a little pickier than experienced women romantically/sexually but less picky than experienced women romantically/sexually when it comes oxytocin. Oxytocin increased interest levels in inexperienced women but reduced interest levels in experienced women.

Men had more romantic interest in average looking women than women did in average looking men (although inexperienced women but not experienced women had just as much romantic interest as men in average-looking people of the opposite sex). When it came to sexual interest, both experienced men and inexperienced men were both more sexually interested in the opposite sex's average looking women than women (both experienced and inexperienced) were sexually interested in average-looking men regardless of oxytocin.

TL;DR SUMMARY

In short, inexperienced men have lower physical standards than experienced men (both sexually and romantically), but when under oxytocin, their romantic physical standards were slightly higher than experienced men's when it came to romantic interest and officially higher than experienced men's when it came to sexual interest. Oxytocin raised inexperienced men's physical standards romantically and sexually, but only raised experienced men's romantic physical standards (although it raised inexperienced men's romantic physical standards even more). Inexperienced women had slightly higher physically standards romantically/sexually than experienced women but are less picky with their physical standards romantically/sexually than experienced women under oxytocin. Oxytocin reduced inexperienced women's romantic standards but only slightly reduced her sexual standards, whereas it increased experienced women's both sexual and romantic standards.

So this idea that male involuntary celibates chase women outta their league? It's a myth. Quite the opposite actually.

MORE IMPORTANT DATA

Screen Shot 2021 11 28 at 61110 PM

Men show more romantic interest and sexual interest in average looking people of the opposite sex than women, regardless of oxytocin. This is shown in this table right here above.

The sample size might not be big, but this study's results are noteworthy, especially given this quote:
Promoting an appropriate form of selectiveness might be particularly adaptive for the inexperienced (men). Experienced and inexperienced individuals vary in their expectations in romantic and sexual relationships and corresponding behaviors Due to fear of failure, inexperienced individuals are especially non-selective in their dating strategy. This, however, is not adaptive to find a suitable partner, particularly in more demanding courtships in which males must discriminate between those to be courted and those to be ignored. Since OT promotes a more adaptive pair-bonding strategy, we hypothesized OT to increase selectivity particularly among the inexperienced men.

And people here, contrary to what IT say, have low physical standards.

"Stop chasing girls outta your league. Lower your standards.:soy:"DEBUNKED

@SergeantIncel pin this

Last edited:
Havent read but @SergeantIncel pin this
Also holy fuck you need 8 different phds to understand a single fucking sentence ngl

Havent read but @SergeantIncel pin this
Also holy fuck you need 8 different phds to understand a single fucking sentence ngl
when people say that we only chase girls out of their league. its a myth. standardcels are an exception instead of the rule.

Besides, people here have low physical standards contrary to what IT will tell you (don't beLIEve anything IT says. they think we only want gigastacies which is self-evidently BS).

when people say that we only chase girls out of their league. its a myth. standardcels are an exception instead of the rule.

Besides, people here have low physical standards contrary to what IT will tell you (don't beLIEve anything IT says. they think we only want gigastacies which is self-evidently BS).
Yeah i read it. Must read section worthy ngl :feelswhere:

Self-Proclaimed "Standardcels" don't exist: they would fuck a 300lb single mother if it meant they could finally experience love and escape loneliness.
:yes:, most men here think they are not desperate unlike simps, but the fact is if a woman gave them any chance, they would do everything to keep her.

These threads about standards are all for show.

i don't know why you would make such a thread just to proof that I don't have standards.
you could've just posted the following

Oxitocyn pill destroyed me

i don't know why you would make such a thread just to proof that I don't have standards.
you could've just posted the following
View attachment 538248
because people unironically think that incels are all standardcels which is a myth. using statistics and research papers to debunk them is useful.

@Shigechi you made a thread about how people think we only want gigastacies.

Brutal, like always the soytards only know to project and deny reality.
incels don't struggle with getting girls because their standards are too high, they struggle because they never got the attention of a woman for all kinds of possible reasons.

One more bluepill being destroyed, BLACKPILL only gets stronger every day

I will not go for women far below my looks level
You are a big liar. You should be banned for lying. You have said numerous times that you are the biggest truecel here (while posting your photo elsewhere showing that you have above average face). How can anyone be below your looks level, not to mention "far below", IF you have NOT lied?

You are fakecel and only 17.

You have posted "mogs me" multiple times to the pictures of really ugly or/and deformed faces. Those are lies also. When I have written "mogs me", I mean it 100 % and have made a careful analysis.

You are comparable to the Legendarywristcel who was very attractive while claiming big truecel status.

(of course this is just a one user I hate here, I think the average user here is more attractive than the average man in the world while there are some actual users here who are actual truecels)

Yeah...no I'm inexperienced and I'm not going near a foid with a body count over 0, i have 0 body count and so should my significant other
Self-Proclaimed "Standardcels" don't exist: they would fuck a 300lb single mother if it meant they could finally experience love and escape loneliness.
Hahaha wake up, I'm mental Purcell virgin and my standard is unachievable because most foids have had their fucking fun(became a roastie). I want balance but that doesn't exist, I will die a virgin:blackpill:

Last edited:

My expectations for a foid
  • Don't be fat
  • Don't be a nigger
  • Don't post on IT
  • Don't fuck dogs (that might be too much to ask)

If I were to lower my standards I’d just put my dick in the ground, can’t get any lower than were I’m at tbh

No excuse for fucking fat and ugly bitches!

high IQ post that proves the sole existence of pills

Yes i have low standards tbh. I'd rather be with a chubby or fat foid with an average to below average face, than a skinny to almost anorexic foid with a pretty face.