Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story time: Incels always existed, they just didn't have a name for it. Me as an incel in 1997.

Arch Anemone

Arch Anemone

Arch Anomie - Older and wiser than you.
-
Me: 1997.

I was a Technical Theatre major in college. Technical Theatre is all the behind the scenes stuff. Lighting, set design, building, running the production, moving stuff around, etc. Because Technical Theatre used to be a part of the communications dept, I still had to take theatre classes even though I had no ambition to be an actor. So I had to take all theater classes and not just the technical ones. I had to take acting class with actual actors. I had to take speaking class, with people who liked to speak in front of people. Needless to say it was a nightmare. It was embarrassing. Actors did have to take technical classes too, my strong suit, but they always got preferential treatment because they were all handsome and pretty. So they didn't have to operate heavy machinery, the just picked up a hammer once in awhile and they passed the class. I however didn't get any special treatment even though my teachers knew I had no ambition to be an actor, I was only taking their class because I had to.

I've always been overweight, but in college I was the best shape of my life. I took weight lifting class and I could leg press the entire stack of weights on the machine with my toes. So I wasn't a sloppy fat, but I was still 260ish pounds at 6 ft tall. But I was strong. My teach remarked I shouldn't carry the couch by myself because I might hurt myself. I didn't really think anything of it at the time because it was just furniture.

I actually liked taking showers, shaving, and taking care of myself. The showers were communal, but separated with walls and a shower curtain. They were always hot and not to crowded. So I took a shower, everyday. I used deodorant everyday.

In other words, I did all the things people tell incels to do in order to get girlfriends. I was neat and clean everyday of my life. I wore the same kind of clothes everyone else wore and I washed them on a weekly basis.

I actually started college in 1995, so by 1997 I knew everyone in the theatre dept, and they knew me. I never got invited to any of the parties. I never really had any friends despite working with a bunch of people who were all my equals. I had acquaintances, but never friends.

So as a final for my acting class I had to do a scene. Me and an old guy, someone who was literally 60 years old and 20 year old me were picked to do a scene together.

The teacher wanted us to be the odd couple. Of course I get picked to be the disgusting one. Despite all my efforts to always be clean and shaven. I wanted to be presentable for all my classes, and my teacher picked me to be one of the most slovenly dressed disgusting human beings to ever be on tv. I didn't even drink or gamble or smoke (I still don't to this day) and I made a concerted effort to try and be the opposite of what people thought of me. My immutable features still made me what I didn't want to be.

I didn't think about until later, but the teacher I most respected even saw me as a negative. It wasn't just the girls or the boys my own age, it was everyone. I remember when she told me and she mad a little joke about it. Like it was the most natural choice ever. I deserved to be that character.

That is one of the reasons I quit college. I was an outcast and even though I completed 2 1/2 years, I couldn't stand being alone anymore.

I made a mistake. I tried going on my own, instead I should have gone to the schools where my high school friends went. Then at least I had someone to follow and not be looked down upon. It was stupid to go out on my own.

Life lesson: If you have friends, follow them to the end of the earth. Especially if they are more popular than you.

This is just one story. I have many more of mistakes I made during this time. Why I was an incel then despite not having a name for it.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing, the idea of following your friends no matter what is interesting, i think you should definitely go anywhere they invite you and take all offers for socialization, but following them is probably not that productive long term, people are often pretty open about sorting their peers into a) people they care about and want to help b) punching bags

how old are you now?

I was a Technical Theatre major in college. Technical Theatre is all the behind the scenes stuff. Lighting, set design, building, running the production, moving stuff around, etc. Because Technical Theatre used to be a part of the communications dept, I still had to take theatre classes even though I had no ambition to be an actor. So I had to take all theater classes and not just the technical ones. I had to take acting class with actual actors. I had to take speaking class, with people who liked to speak in front of people. Needless to say it was a nightmare. It was embarrassing. Actors did have to take technical classes too, my strong suit, but they always got preferential treatment because they were all handsome and pretty. So they didn't have to operate heavy machinery, the just picked up a hammer once in awhile and they passed the class. I however didn't get any special treatment even though my teachers knew I had no ambition to be an actor, I was only taking their class because I had to.

I've always been overweight, but in college I was the best shape of my life. I took weight lifting class and I could leg press the entire stack of weights on the machine with my toes. So I wasn't a sloppy fat, but I was still 260ish pounds at 6 ft tall. But I was strong. My teach remarked I shouldn't carry the couch by myself because I might hurt myself. I didn't really think anything of it at the time because it was just furniture.

I actually liked taking showers, shaving, and taking care of myself. The showers were communal, but separated with walls and a shower curtain. They were always hot and not to crowded. So I took a shower, everyday. I used deodorant everyday.

In other words, I did all the things people tell incels to do in order to get girlfriends. I was neat and clean everyday of my life. I wore the same kind of clothes everyone else wore and I washed them on a weekly basis.

I actually started college in 1995, so by 1997 I knew everyone in the theatre dept, and they knew me. I never got invited to any of the parties. I never really had any friends despite working with a bunch of people who were all my equals. I had acquaintances, but never friends.

So as a final for my acting class I had to do a scene. Me and an old guy, someone who was literally 60 years old and 20 year old me were picked to do a scene together.

The teacher wanted us to be the odd couple. Of course I get picked to be the disgusting one. Despite all my efforts to always be clean and shaven. I wanted to be presentable for all my classes, and my teacher picked me to be one of the most slovenly dressed disgusting human beings to ever be on tv. I didn't even drink or gamble or smoke (I still don't to this day) and I made a concerted effort to try and be the opposite of what people thought of me. My immutable features still made me what I didn't want to be.

I didn't think about until later, but the teacher I most respected even saw me as a negative. It wasn't just the girls or the boys my own age, it was everyone. I remember when she told me and she mad a little joke about it. Like it was the most natural choice ever. I deserved to be that character.

That is one of the reasons I quit college. I was an outcast and even though I completed 2 1/2 years, I couldn't stand being alone anymore.

I made a mistake. I tried going on my own, instead I should have gone to the schools where my high school friends went. Then at least I had someone to follow and not be looked down upon. It was stupid to go out on my own.

Life lesson: If you have friends, follow them to the end of the earth. Especially if they are more popular than you.

This is just one story. I have many more of mistakes I made during this time. Why I was an incel then despite not having a name for it.

(Me: 1997.

This is just one story. I have many more of mistakes I made during this time. Why I was an incel then despite not having a name for it.) 'S me

gay larp didnt read
One thing i picked up from uni is that you can just run OPs text through a text-to-speech processor if you have trouble focusing when reading.
His post was so well written that my TTS software played it pretty much perfectly.
NGL that post was pretty depressing though. :dafuckfeels:

Last edited:
How do you think you feel now after leaving school? Technical theatre sounds like a one way street to burger king and honestly college is a complete scam.
Do you think that if you were to say to your professor that the character that they picked for you is one of the most uninspired boring thing they could have picked, do you think you could have got it changed or at least brought a discussion about it? I dont think i would have stood for being mocked at in front of everyone. At least i would have left not not shown back up.

How do you think you feel now after leaving school? Technical theatre sounds like a one way street to burger king and honestly college is a complete scam.
Do you think that if you were to say to your professor that the character that they picked for you is one of the most uninspired boring thing they could have picked, do you think you could have got it changed or at least brought a discussion about it? I dont think i would have stood for being mocked at in front of everyone. At least i would have left not not shown back up.
Yeah, it was a stupid major. I did it high school and didn't hate it. But like I said I should have followed my friends so I had a built in friend group in college. I would have done much better if I had just followed them.

It wasn't really done in a mocking way, just like she was laughing while she did it. Later I realized what exactly how it hurt me at the time even though I didn't even realize it. I worked hard to be clean and the opposite of slovenly.

Tldr; It's ovER

It’s a good story he told though.

Thanks for the story OP. I enjoy reading people's experiences. No idea why the tl;dr meme is so popular, ridiculous low attentionspan zoomers would rather have another argument about face v. height than read a good incel story.

A true oldcel. Brutal story, ngl. I’m guessing you didn’t stick with the show business?

to be honest that's one of the most chad/stacy tier classes you could have ever taken. acting classes are brutal,since most actors are chads. it's cool that tv series have allowed more uglier actors to have a chance but it's still very chad heavy. you were forced to take but yeah. eitherway college is hell,so even if you had taken a more incel friendly degree/course/discipline it probably wouldn't be much better.

wonder what you took to win your daily bread,since i assume you didn't continue with the theater set up stuff

You say you know more than me since you older? Bitch please it is typical NPC belief. They fuckin' live their entire lifes on autopilot listening to the society's idees fixes and claim they know more than youngstaz.

Most people who achieved highest status mostly were outcasts first in some manner and thought different than others. Most success stories are not hehe CHAD FUCKIN' DUE TO LOOKS HAVIN MONEY TRALALALA TEEHEE, but luck plus sometimes hard work on proper thing. Not saying chads don't have in some parts of life easier 'cause they do, but most important people in history weren't fuckin chads.