Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Story: almost soft-locked myself in Final Fantasy 6, but found a way to progress

iblamemyself

iblamemyself

Overlord
★★★★★
Yesterday, I almost soft-locked myself in FF6. I forgot to save in a while and got to a point where you have to pick a few characters to build a team.

This team would drop off from the airship, so it’s a point of no return.

I picked the wrong characters. I just wanted to unequip some pieces of armor and some accessories from them and give them to the characters that I planned on putting in the team.

How dumb I was. The mission started with the wrong characters and the team could not be reassembled. Reloading was not an option, because the last time I saved was some time ago.

Now I was stuck on the Floating Continent with weak characters, had no access to shops for items and had to battle strong monsters.

Luckily, I found a way to progress. I found a spot where you can set up a tent and heal your party and I had a lot of tents. I just trained my party to become stronger and healed them in the tent if I needed to.

I also found out that one of the strongest beasts you encounter can be killed in one hit with a certain spell. So I used it and had another team member learn this spell too. I levelled up substantially and the monsters were no match for my team anymore.

This is what’s great about these FF games. There are so many ways to play them and beat them.

I defeated the boss of the Floating Continent and Kefka destroyed the world. I escaped the soft-lock!

I've never played any Final Fantasy game
Should I start from 6 or 7?

FF6 is such a great game.

I've never played any Final Fantasy game
Should I start from 6 or 7?
Up to you, both are highly regarded in the fan community. FF6 is 2D, it’s a very old game and you have to use your imagination a bit, but that’s what I like about retro games.

FF6 is such a great game.
Indeed

The only final fantasy i ever played is 12 tbh

My favorite, together with 9 and 6. Twelve lore wise is more similar to Final Tactics and Ogre Battles.
I played it as a kid and only ever gotten to the desert or something from what i remember

never played any of that but that's just me.
They are similar in being fantasy medieval, castles, knights, princesses and shits. I played them very long time ago and are one of very few good childhood memories.

Update: After 2 months, I finally finished Final Fantasy 6. What a game. I enjoyed it very much.

The final battle is epic. Modern bosses like Adam Smasher are a joke compared to Kefka, especially because you tend to underestimate Kefka. He dresses like a clown, talks like a comedian and is resented by his own army.

But when you meet him for the last time, he’s a huge, muscular angel of destruction. He’s above the clodes and you have to fight your way up a tower of god statues before you finally reach him. How epic is that.

That game is so fucking good. Maybe the best JRPG out there. That or Chrono Trigger.