Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory So far, science seems to prove that men should be picky and shallow, not women

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★
I just noticed this while doing my usual, random scrolling through Google Scholar. Basically, for those of you who don't know, in studies of human attractiveness, there are two competing hypotheses of how three measures of human attractiveness (face, voice and body odour) relate to each other. According to the backup signals hypothesis, the three are linked, meaning that people with attractive faces are also more likely to have attractive voices and body odour, and so on, while according to the multiple messages hypothesis, the three are independent of each other.

Well, I just noticed this, but when you look closer at it, there's much more stuff supporting the backup signals hypothesis for women than it is men.

For example, here's a recent study from this year which flat-out found this to be only true for women, while men's faces, voices and body odours were independent of each other:

For men, we find no correlations between modalities of attractiveness. However, for women we find odor, face, and voice attractiveness are weakly correlated. Moreover, a general attractiveness factor (i.e., a common underlying variable) modestly contributed to the observed correlations between modality-specific attractiveness judgments, providing some evidence for the redundancy hypothesis.

A test of multimodal communication in humans using 881 judgements of men and women’s physical, vocal, and olfactory attractiveness

Compare this recent study with one from 2005, which already cited a lot of other studies, all supporting the hypothesis that women's faces, voices and body odours are linked and reflect each other:

The attractiveness of women's faces, voices, bodies, and odors appear to be interrelated, suggesting that they reflect a common trait such as femininity. We invoked novel approaches to test the interrelationships between female vocal and facial attractiveness and femininity.
It is well documented that, in women, indices of mate quality are correlated across multiple modalities. Females with attractive faces have been shown to have attractive bodies (Thornhill & Grammer, 1999) and attractive voices (Collins & Missing, 2003). Body shape and vocal attractiveness are also intercorrelated (Collins & Missing, 2003, Hughes et al., 2004). Correlations between cross-modal indices of mate quality extend to facial attractiveness and attractiveness of body odor (Rikowski & Grammer, 1999). Furthermore, male preference strength for femininity in female faces was found to correlate with male preference strength for female-typical putative pheromones (Cornwell et al., 2004). It has been suggested that interrelationships between feminine characteristics reflect underlying reproductive health and hormonal profile (Thornhill & Gangestad, 1999) and age (Collins & Missing, 2003).

The voice and face of woman: One ornament that signals quality?

Of course, there's also research supporting the same for men, and a lot of research rejecting the backup signals hypothesis entirely. Such as this metastudy, also from this year, which proved the backup signals hypothesis for both sexes, but decided that since the correlations were very weak, that it actually somehow refuted it and supported the multiple messages hypothesis instead:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::

We found positive but weak associations between ratings of body odours and faces (r = 0.1, k = 25), and between body odours and voices (r = 0.1, k = 9). No sex differences were observed in the magnitude of effects.
Compared to judgments of facial and vocal attractiveness, our results suggest that assessment of body odour provides independent and non-redundant information about human mating-related quality. Our findings thus provide little support for the backup signals hypothesis and may be better explained by the multiple messages hypothesis.

Cross-modal associations of human body odour attractiveness with facial and vocal attractiveness provide little support for the backup signals hypothesis: A systematic review and meta-analysis

Nevertheless, and while admittedly as a simple result of researchers studying female beauty more, in pure quantity, there's a lot more research claiming that all forms of female attractiveness are interconnected.

So, what does that mean? That means that men have a much better excuse for being shallow and picky. If men see some ugly woman on the street, they are more justified in immediately making the jump to thinking that she must also smell and sound bad, along with looking bad, than a woman would be in a reverse situation. Similarly, again, purely by the quantity of research supporting this, men have much more of an excuse to not want to have children with an ugly woman, as since she probably also smells and sounds bad and there's a genetic basis for it, there's a chance her children will inherit all of that as well, while for ugly men, their voices and odours are more likely to be normal and not have a genetic basis for being what they are, so there's no reason for them to think that their children will be universally ugly.

BUT NOW ITS THE OPPOSITE THANKS TO JEWS

BUT NOW ITS THE OPPOSITE THANKS TO JEWS

I think...they did it because the idea of a darker-skinned male being intellectually superior was too vile for them.

What everyone needs to do is strike up a fine balance, not decide they need to be picky for muh sexual selection. People don't like to do that because it's very hard to accomplish and doesn't fully serve them. It's no wonder Game Balance in video games takes a lot of effort.

we need to legalize grape (in mein kraft) it’s not that fucking complicated!

Well I do have some standarts.

Women (society) don't care.

bookmarked for later reading when i'm somewhat sober to grasp things
but from title, it seems to be supporting that blackpilled prediction that, hypergamy will lead to eventual societal-population collapse because Foids are generally bad at choosing partners for family building and keeping the line going on

bookmarked for later reading when i'm somewhat sober to grasp things
but from title, it seems to be supporting that blackpilled prediction that, hypergamy will lead to eventual societal-population collapse because Foids are generally bad at choosing partners for family building and keeping the line going on
Nah, something else, but I believe you will still find it to be an interesting read:feelsokman:.

I'm :feelstastyman:
So all female attractiveness stems from being oestrogens, while it's multivariabled for men?
Brutal, biology is misandric
Yeah, men have more of a right to be picky