Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should I attend my Highschool Grad/Prom

Why go to graduation?
You still get your degree if you don't go, I suppose it is a little awkward if you don't go to graduation but if you are posting here it's probably over anyway.
I went to mine without saying a word to anybody. I sat next to people I didn't know, when my name was called nobody clapped but I went on stage got my piece of paper, sat back down, and left when it was over. I have two older brothers that went to prom but I didn't. I guess it was a FOMO but I didn't want to miss out on both.

Just go wtf type of GrAY shit is this?

It is not the commencement type shit where you walk across a stage. it is more like a party/prom thing where people hang out
I know, go and ask a girl to dance. Best case scenario you meet your future wife. Worst case you sit there nothing happens and you go home.

They are all kids like you, anxious about themselves and thinking about themselves.

It will hurt you more to know you didn't have the balls to go and try, opting in for yet another night of the same old videogames.

You will feel so stupid that you locked yourself in your room, and refused to try at life, because you were scared of some people.

As you get older your opportunities become fewer and fewer, I don't say this so you get nervous and too invested, but you should appreciate your youth, the time you have, and your opportunities, because life goes by fast and then it's over, so at least give it a shot instead of wasting your life at the sidelines.

Im not going to mine. I was never accepted there and why would i wanna see my former peers getting to be in relationships

A lot of people here telling you not to go and not to try will then go on to lament their "lost teen years".

Tells you all you need to know.

"Prom" is an outdated, horrendously gay event that belonged in 1912 or earlier. Everyone dresses like a fag from Downton Abbey. The popular girl dances with her oneitis (I saw this happen), and it's clearly her dream night.

You? Well, best-case scenario, you dance some and then leave. More realistically, tons of couples, and you wishing you were gaming instead.

Working the nightshift in a 3rd-world country abattoir would probably be more fun, if I had it to do over again.

"Prom" is intended to cap off the high school experience. If you didn't "win" in high school, it's utterly pointless. It's like celebrating the Super Bowl when you don't even watch football. Or attending a 4th of July party and you're from Albania. Best analogy I can think of.

No. You will witness many cruelty and unfairness of how attractive people are treated in the ceremony like that. Better spend time with your cope.

the correct answer is always "go and leave early if you don't like it and it's not fun"

that way you know you didn't leave any opportunity behind

"Prom" is intended to cap off the high school experience. If you didn't "win" in high school, it's utterly pointless. It's like celebrating the Super Bowl when you don't even watch football. Or attending a 4th of July party and you're from Albania. Best analogy I can think of.
:feelskek: tbh