Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Sentient android robots vs non-sentient android robots. Emulated AI vs Simulated AI

barcacel

barcacel

Vitantiheterodroidsexual Monk-mode MGTOW
-
There have been many series and media portraying android robots as "sentient" or "alive"

All of that is bullshit.

Why?. You cannot replicate sentience by just programming a robot. To replicate sentience, you would need to scan the whole human brain and copy it into a machine. Even then I don't believe it will be possible because I still think that you need a biological brain to create it.

there are 2 types of AI:

a simulated AI: A simulated one would mimic the software in living beings, but it would not mimic the hardware.

an emulated AI: an emulated one would mimic all of the hardware and software features in human beings

Software = behavior of humans

Hardware = the whole human brain shape, composition and mechanisms

So, we can have android robots that have a simulated AI because they are not alive, and they can't have rights because they are not living beings.

I think that only men would be able to love these androids and not women because men are the only ones who feel true love.

True, the whole idea of robots being human we should treat them as equal is retarded. They may mimic us but they’ll never be us, so we can subjugate them as we please

Simulation is fine by me, I live in the fantasy my all life.

good thread then sad ending to the thread and true

There have been many series and media portraying android robots as "sentient" or "alive"

The Dragon Ball versions were humans.

I think that only men would be able to love these androids and not women because men are the only ones who feel true love.
Only partI agree with, but still a good post. I will get a waifu bot one day

it is possible to code sentience using the brain's algorithm.
I believe the best approach is like in the matrix learning scene,
using an AGI software design pattern to work with addable skills:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8NsPQBdV0

it is possible to code learnability, emotions, will to live, to bond, it's more than possible

it is possible to code sentience using the brain's algorithm.
I believe the best approach is like in the matrix learning scene,
using an AGI software design pattern to work with addable skills:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8NsPQBdV0

it is possible to code learnability, emotions, will to live, to bond, it's more than possible

we still don't know what sentience is

what's this we shit?
sentience is learnability
no. you can recreate learnability with machine learning. what makes a human different from a pile of plastic?

no. you can recreate learnability with machine learning. what makes a human different from a pile of plastic?
nothing really. both are just wires in a box

So, we can have android robots that have a simulated AI because they are not alive, and they can't have rights because they are not living beings.
Corporations have rights and are not alive.

the whole idea of robots being human we should treat them as equal is retarded. They may mimic us but they’ll never be us
Same for foids. They should never be considered anything other than livestock.

You cannot replicate sentience by just programming a robot.
Maybe not, but it is entirely possible to make an AI that will fool most people.

In fact, interacting with an AI like https://replika.com/ is much more interesting than interacting with most normies.