Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Senate Judiciary Committee deadlocks on noodle foid nomination's to federal appeals court

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
From Bloomberg Law:
A President Joe Biden nominee for the nation’s largest federal appeals court failed to advance out of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday after receiving a tie vote, delaying her nomination. The committee voted 10-10 on Oregon labor lawyer Jennifer Sung, who is nominated to the San Francisco-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

Jennifer Sung was nominated to a judgeship on the Ninth Circuit in July 2021. While she received a well-qualified rating from a majority of the American Bar Association's standing committee on the judiciary, her nomination was not without controversy.

Jennifer Sung 2 767x633

Back in 2018, when Brett Kavanaugh was being nominated for the Supreme Court, Sung joined other Yale Law School alumni in signing an open letter opposing his nomination. She was forced to walk back her signature during last month's committee hearing:
“I did not write the letter, but I recognize that much of its rhetoric was overheated,” Jennifer Sung, Biden’s pick for an Oregon seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, said in response to a question from Judiciary Chair Richard Durbin (D-Ill.). “And if by signing that letter I created the impression that I would prejudge any case or fail to respect the authority of any Supreme Court justice or any of the court’s precedents, then I sincerely apologize,” Sung said.

In a 60-page document where she supplied follow-up answers to questions supplied by the Senate Judiciary Committee, she was further grilled on the letter, and declined to comment on an amicus brief she signed in favor of affirmative action in Grutter v. Bollinger (2003).

I suppose it's no surprise that it was deadlocked on party lines. What I find is interesting is that this will deter anyone with future judicial ambitions from making too many comments about judicial nominees, even ones accused of having too many beers and groping foids. :feelskek:

Thoughts? @starcrapoo @Caesercel

What I find is interesting is that this will deter anyone with future judicial ambitions from making too many comments about judicial nominees, even ones accused of having too many beers and groping foids. :feelskek:
This is good

i favor this, but with lowest of passions. Presumably there is no racial angle to the deadlock. Well she made a political move and lost, too bad. But I don't see how long the Republican senate could keep this up. Atleast, they have managed to get a pro-abortion judge in there, anything to hurt the roasties.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back