Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Replaying Catherine and it’s suifuel

Celasius

Celasius

★★★★
Not the Full Body edition, the original classic version. I played it ages ago and couldn’t understand what the fuck was happening for the most part ‘cause I was too young and English ain’t my first language so needless to say, I’m only just now getting to properly enjoy it and let the suifuel take in.

It’s surprisingly very well-written and mature considering its targeted audience and you got your usual jerkedoff Troy Baker in it so that’s always fun. Never have I seen him so insipid in animeh.

Brutal

Oh and, it’s heavily blackpilled btw. To roughly summarize what I can remember and without getting into too much spoiler territory here:

Chad can’t commit to Becky (the Catherine with the K) and is struggling to meet her betabuxxing demands so then out of nowhere, he finds himself cheating with this other Catherine (aka Stacy and the Catherine with the C) who is much better looking than Katherine obviously, and from then onwards the game primarily revolves around this triangle between them where it’s trying to explore the themes of the cycle of love and gravitate the player towards contemplating and arguing whether cheating is more of a matter of emotional betrayal or physical affair or for how long can you stay with someone before you get bored of them eventually and fuck up the relationship one way or another (what awaits you after ascension because it’s not about having someone, it’s about keeping them). :blackpill:

Turns out Catherine was just an evil succubus or some shit all along (that’s why I was so disappointed when I first played it; I KNOW what it’s trying to imply but still it’s just such a shitty plot twist) and depending on your choices throughout the game, Chad gets to stay with either one or neither of them or just go MGTOW jfl.

Play the game.

@Nate Higgers you said something about good anime, right? Well, I’m not really into that weeb shit but this one’s baller. Go play it.

@Epedaphic have you played this?

I was too low IQ to finish this shit

I have it on PS3 but never played it maybe it's time

Ver based. My PS3 broke a long time ago. :feelsbadman:
That old piece of chink plastic has been running for 10 years now, I got PS3 hen on it and pirated all the PS3 exclusives and cool games like MGS2 & 3 with pressure sensitive buttons, and T5 DR, and it's also a netflix machine, for 20 bucks it's not a bad thing to have IMO

I haven’t played it. It’s based on persona or SMT right? What kind of a game is it?
Not it’s not based on Shin Megami, it’s its own thing. It’s a sort of 2.5D puzzle-platformer with more focus on story than gameplay and it’s very dialogue heavy. There are some choices to make but nothing role-playing. I’m only recommending it to you cause it’s good fun and I know you’re into anime. :feelsokman:

I can't handle playing anything Atlus does besides Shin Megami Tensei...

All of their other games are FILLED with Teen/Young Love, and "self insert" shit that doesn't work on me, because I don't look like this:

And this:

At least Shin Megami Tensei is 99% about Gods, good gameplay, and atmosphere.

Anything else just pushes me to fucking suicide...

Not it’s not based on Shin Megami, it’s its own thing. It’s a sort of 2.5D puzzle-platformer with more focus on story than gameplay and it’s very dialogue heavy. There are some choices to make but nothing role-playing. I’m only recommending it to you cause it’s good fun and I know you’re into anime. :feelsokman:
Cool I will check it out! Thanks brocel.

I can't handle playing anything Atlus does besides Shin Megami Tensei...
Fucking brutal. :feelskek:

This one is far more blackpilled though.

All of their other games are FILLED with Teen/Young Love, and "self insert" shit that doesn't work on me, because I don't look like this:

View attachment 912080

And this:

View attachment 912082
All games give you good-looking protagonists honestly so if you’re gonna deprive yourself of enjoying them then that’s on you brocel.

At least Shin Megami Tensei is 99% about Gods, good gameplay, and atmosphere.
Fuck, I can’t get into turn-based. It makes my head hurt from all the things I have to NOT do when holding the controller. Shit’s gotta be stimulating. What’s fun about JRPGs? I never get them.

Anything else just pushes me to fucking suicide...
:feelsbadman:

Cool I will check it out! Thanks brocel.
You won’t regret it. :feelsYall:
It’s a little brutal though so be careful.

Last edited:
Fucking brutal. :feelskek:

This one is far more blackpilled though.

All games give you good-looking protagonists honestly so if you’re gonna deprive yourself from enjoying them then that’s on you brocel.

Fuck, I can’t get into turn-based. It makes my head hurt from all the things I have to NOT do when holding the controller. Shit’s gotta be stimulating. What’s fun about JRPGs? I never get them.

:feelsbadman:

You won’t regret it. :feelsYall:
It’s a little brutal though so be careful.
Oh right :feelsmega: … after rereading your review on it I’m not so sure… I try to avoid things that are centered around relationships tbh.

I'm doing a group project now kek, I'll read this later

Oh right :feelsmega: … after rereading your review on it I’m not so sure… I try to avoid things that are centered around relationships tbh.
You’re missing out on the good bit but yeah, that’s probably a wise decision. :feelscry:

Do I do a good job shilling shit I like? :feelswhere:
You sold me on the uniqueness of the story. I did look up the genres of the game to see if it's my type of gameplay however, so I you did a good job at getting me to check out the game in more detail.

All games give you good-looking protagonists honestly so if you’re gonna deprive yourself from enjoying them then that’s on you brocel.
It's not them being good-looking that is the issue. It's when they make them self-inserts.
I never played The Witcher, but I know that Geralt is not a self-insert.
He is a CHARACTER. So when he is getting tons of pussy, it doesn't annoy me, because Geralt is not supposed to be me.

Persona "protagonists" on the other hand, are. They are silent, can be named, and the characters talk to them, like are talking to "you".

And considering I look like a fucking pedophile, I can't play a game where I'm supposed to soy and larp that these girls:

Are blushing at this:

Who is SUPPOSED to be me. But he is not. I don't have fucking hair. And I don't look even slightly like this.

It's mind-numbingly depressing. I would rather kill myself then play ANY of the Persona games.
Every great JRPG (gameplay wise) is ball-bustingly hard.
They are supposed to make you feel like your choices in battle matter. Give you that risk/reward feeling.
Good JRPGs reward you for paying attention. Bad ones, you can just press attack again and again, and beat the game.
Most JRPGs are piss easy. So it's not surprising you would find them boring, because I do too.

You sold me on the uniqueness of the story. I did look up the genres of the game to see if it's my type of gameplay however, so I you did a good job at getting me to check out the game in more detail.
Nice. I’ve been told I’m really good at shilling. :forcedsmile:

Honestly, I think I’m just passionate about the shit I like (and hating the shit I don’t like jfl).

It's not them being good-looking that is the issue. It's when they make them self-inserts.
Yeah yeah I get what you mean. I fucking hate that too. That’s why I tend to enjoy playing as silent protagonist that you can create how they look like right off the bat.

I never played The Witcher, but I know that Geralt is not a self-insert.
He is a CHARACTER. So when he is getting tons of pussy, it doesn't annoy me, because Geralt is not supposed to be me.
Suffice it to say, the majority of that game’s audience actually think of themselves as Geralt and they get pissed off when they can’t bang all the female characters so they install mods that do them justice. :feelskek:

That and Dark Souls probably have the worst fanbase.

And considering I look like a fucking pedophile, I can't play a game where I'm supposed to soy and larp that these girls:

View attachment 912128

Are blushing at this:

View attachment 912129
I think they’re just catering towards teenagers tbh and they’re self-inserted for them. It’s reasonable to not want to play as them as adults. I wouldn’t cause I find it cringy tbh and I can’t relate to them.

It's mind-numbingly depressing.
Yup. Overall, when you’re ugly, your ability to enjoy things gets severely tainted once you snap out of it. I think it’s best to just NOT see those characters as a vessel for the player, but more for what they are which is obviously nearly impossible, cause you are the one who is technically controlling them.

Every great JRPG (gameplay wise) is ball-bustingly hard.
They are supposed to make you feel like your choices in battle matter. Give you that risk/reward feeling.
Good JRPGs reward you for paying attention. Bad ones, you can just press attack again and again, and beat the game.
The only “RPG” I enjoyed that had turn-based combat was Undertale and that’s only because you were actually DOING something when playing jfl.

Not the Full Body edition, the original classic version. I played it ages ago and couldn’t understand what the fuck was happening for the most part ‘cause I was too young and English ain’t my first language so needless to say, I’m only just now getting to properly enjoy it and let the suifuel take in.

It’s surprisingly very well-written and mature considering its targeted audience and you got your usual jerkedoff Troy Baker in it so that’s always fun. Never have I seen him so insipid in animeh.

Brutal

Oh and, it’s heavily blackpilled btw. To roughly summarize what I can remember and without getting into too much spoiler territory here:

Chad can’t commit to Becky (the Catherine with the K) and is struggling to meet her betabuxxing demands so then out of nowhere, he finds himself cheating with this other Catherine (aka Stacy and the Catherine with the C) who is much better looking than Katherine obviously, and from then onwards the game primarily revolves around this triangle between them where it’s trying to explore the themes of the cycle of love and gravitate the player towards contemplating and arguing whether cheating is more of a matter of emotional betrayal or physical affair or for how long can you stay with someone before you get bored of them eventually and fuck up the relationship one way or another (what awaits you after ascension because it’s not about having someone, it’s about keeping them). :blackpill:

Turns out Catherine was just an evil succubus or some shit all along (that’s why I was so disappointed when I first played it; I KNOW what it’s trying to imply but still it’s just such a shitty plot twist) and depending on your choices throughout the game, Chad gets to stay with either one or neither of them or just go MGTOW jfl.

Play the game.
Japanese games are so lame. Only Soulsborne series seems decent. How can anyone genuinely enjoy playing Persona stuff is beyond me.

Japanese games are so lame.
Cope.

Good game 1

Good game 2

Good game 3

Good game 4

Good game 5

Good game 6

Missed out big time if you didn’t get into these. Not all “Japanese games” are anime and soulsgames are heavily oversaturated and outdated thanks to normies.

Last edited: