Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Reminder that free will does not exist

Gutless

Gutless

Cut my life into pee sez
-
You cant pick between 2 options and ever pick the worst of the 2 all things considered. In a test of free will you can choose between icecream or a bee sting. Go ahead and pick the bee sting... you only picked it because of our game to prove me wrong so your brain said winning this game > the pain of the sting.

In a survival situation there are no decisions made based on preference, only what is best for survival. No free will there is there? Just what is most rational for survival. Why do anything less and risk death. Life is so easy now we are mentally ill thinking we make decisions out of preference. Oh vanilla vs chocolate icecream i have the free will to choose what I want! No, the line between the 2 flavors is so blurred we barely notice the minute differences that our mind considers in that moment before it makes the decision.

There is significant evidence that our brain reacts and decides before we are aware of it. Your consciousness is really just you reacting to the inner workings of your brain. Just like how your body react to pain before you realize, your brain makes decisions before you realize. You are only the feeling part. Feeling is important to avoid mistakes in the future. Its not required to pull your hand from a hot stove, but it is required to be incentivized to not do it in the future. Thinking is using memories and results of feelings that takes years to develop. But you dont guide the thinking you just feel it just like how you dont create the pain from the stove but you feel it. Its all an illusion, effectively at least. But we still have to figure out where that feeling ultimately comes from. How is it possible that I feel?

Last edited:
When I first figured out that free will does not exist I felt like shit for weeks.

I'm disassociating so my actions feel like someone else is doing them for me already. Like I'm a spectator of my own life.

Actually, you can.
How do you pick the worst of 2 decisions on purpose, all things considered? If you werent trying to pick the literal worst you never would. If you pick the literal worst its because it was worth it based on some external factor

i'll quote this thread in my next ban appeal

I made a similar thread, not specifically about free will but compatible with your thread

chad can pick whoever he fucks jfl

I made a similar thread, not specifically about free will but compatible with your thread

I think it was this thread that made me start thinking about all this again :feelsokman:

Im really surprised at the comments of these types of threads. Lots of people in denial of this even though its quite rational stuff. Like you get made fun of for "oversimplifying" consciousness but its totally based to advocate for muh magic souls :feelstastyman:

Everything is pre determined materially.

I think it was this thread that made me start thinking about all this again :feelsokman:

Im really surprised at the comments of these types of threads. Lots of people in denial of this even though its quite rational stuff. Like you get made fun of for "oversimplifying" consciousness but its totally based to advocate for muh magic souls :feelstastyman:
A lot of people here are idealistic and religious that's why.

you only have free will within your genetic confines. So in a sense yes free will but only within the confines of your genetic capabilities