Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory There is no You

parzurnacs

parzurnacs

Kiryuin Satsuki appreciator
-
What you see as an identity in your self doesn't exist, you might think that "you" exist because you think you have this thing called consciousness, but it's all illusory.

This consciousness is created from different parts of your brain that just so happen to be connected with each other to give this body you have a functionality, which is to reproduce in order to perpetuate the life essence within you whose final purpose is perpetuation itself.

Your mind, the only thing that can really make "you" sure of your existence is basically an illusion that helps the different parts of your brain to please the perpetuation instincts.

Those memories you had as a kid are stored in your neurons, but while you're not using them they do not exist because they're not in your illusory consciousness at the moment, and one day they will be gone forever.

The nature of your consciousness is a bunch of materials connected with each other inside your brain, you only grasp the concept of "you" with them connected.

But one day this body your brain controls like a mecha robot will decay and it won't matter anymore, then "you" should at least be proud that you haven't passed on this illusory consciousness into another form of life.

"For you are dust, and to dust you shall return".

Last edited:
Oh yeah? Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

JFL at this kind of philosophy. It's like the "love is just a chemical reaction bro!!!" Type useless theories that don't matter in the material world.

I think therefore I am, motherfucker.

Strange philosophy

Don't you try to put thoughts in my head, my sanity is already tattered and I'm having this odd sort of depersonalization going on rn.

Blkpillpress flashbacks.

Nah, too reductionist-materialist for me. There are facets to my being beyond the self and the self-in-itself, the Sein and Dasein, as it were.

Nah, too reductionist-materialist for me. There are facets to my being beyond the self and the self-in-itself, the Sein and Dasein, as it were.
Is that Hegel or Heidegger or something like that? I will never read one of those speculative philosophy books

The nature of your consciousness is a bunch of materials connected with each other inside your brain, you only grasp the concept of "you" with them connected.
But does it matter? Why can’t we try to achieve something better

Nobody really knows man. Seems like the only way to rule out the purely physical theiry behind consciousness is to disprove the metaphysical ones. I mean, howdo you prove our only reference point is an illusion? If this is an illusion, what isnt?

We already know so much about the chemicals, neurons, electricity, the fact we cant say what exactly consciousness is doesnt bode well for the future of our understanding. Maybe it will never be understood.

:foidSoy: Wow she is literally me

Those memories you had as a kid are stored in your neurons, but while you're not using them they do not exist because they're not in your illusory consciousness at the moment, and one day they will be gone forever.
I will remember them in heaven, and I will tell them to the noodle toilet made for me in heaven.

it's over