Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[re-rolling religion] - Creating the universe simulator computer server complex

W

WizardofSoda

Overlord
★★★★★
M2gelocangt21

Back in 2001 I read Kurzweil's book 'The Age of Spiritual Machines'. And it had this graph on the website where I read the book. I see somebody has updated the graph with a 2020 data point. What the graph is showing is the inflation adjusted calculations per second that $1,000 of computing can do.

One of the most insane things about this graph to me is you take the ~2030 time frame for a $1,000 computer matching the human brain. But then its only 25 years more to ~2055 that $1,000 in computing power can match all 10 billion human brains at that time.

Imagine the speed science will be able to move at in 2055 when you can buy computers that match all 10 billion people's brainpower. And that computer would be able to coordinate that computing power together. Now realize big corporations would be buying tens of thousands of these computers, for really difficult questions.

Google councilbluffs datace

This is a picture from inside one of Google's data center warehouses. This complex has maybe 5+ warehouses like this.

Back in 2001 when I read the book Microsoft was one of the top 5 market cap companies in the world. But the other ones, Facebook, Amazon, Google & Apple weren't that big or even created yet.

What will we do with this kind of computing power. There are two things that I realized would takeover the economy, and indeed have taken over the economy. Healthcare and entertainment. Which together are 50% of the US economy now.

You see with computing/AI/robotics/machinery the price of everything will fall towards 0. That is what is necessitating the global printing is to overcome the technological deflation. I foresaw that massive printing would be necessary as far back as 2003. But this printing it will only get bigger in time, because these technologies are on an exponential trends. As millions of peoples jobs are automated away their consumption falls off, and the system must print money and distribute it to everyone to drive the consumption of the machine production.

Why is healthcare not automated this way. It is because biology is so wildly complex that even with current computing power we haven't made that much headway yet in curing all diseases and curing aging and being able to modify peoples' biology. But it is moving up. In 2010 I saw that pharma was going to become the main part of the economy. Granted I didn't foresee that pharma would do full state takeover, and definitely not this quickly. Computational chemistry, in silico experiments, AI, big data, it is leading to mega advances in pharmaceuticals which are now beginning to reach the marketplace.

And entertainment is going to keep growing forever. What do people who don't need to work care about. Their health and entertainment. You see what we are going to do is create the next layer of the matrix.

The endgame is Ageless perfect health humans, in simulated universes. People are already being 'pulled into' the computers. It started imo with radio or tv's. But now its really going you can see people are being 'pulled into' their cell phones. And pulled into their desktop pc's. Spending more and more percentage of their waking hours in virtual reality. You see its steps towards full immersion.

What gets people who read what I am saying is it seems impossible that computing could simulate the entire universe in real time. The thing is these numbers become incomprehensible. For example take a computer equivalent to all of humanity in calculations per second. We can imagine humanity as it is now. But we can't really imagine how that would be coordinated thinking without duplications.

Now take to teach people k-12 and then university it takes many years. But computers can update with all that info in seconds now. That isn't even futurist technology that is right now. Now imagine a computer with 10 billion times all of humanity's calculations per second ability.

I could see that this kind of computing power we are talking Godlike power. If you read about God as they describe him, the creator of the universe, that is what these computers will be doing for their simulated universes. If you think something and then it manifests hours or days later in your reality - you think a computer complex that can simulate the universe can't do that, and do it smoothly so it works seamlessly in your world? @Transcended Trucel

It doesn't mean for sure that is what it is doing, I am only pointing out that it is very possible. It is this thinking with can the universe be simulated, and could you right now be a spirit playing in a simulation, that is full immersion? Thats the point this isn't just pure speculation now, it is looking a very realistic possibility that it will be possible.

When Buddha and Plato and co. were speculating about this stuff 2,500 years ago that was pretty far fetched(Avatars, this not being the 'real world', Plato's Cave, etc..). And visionary of them to consider that. But now its not even that wild. There is other things that are wild from today's perspective.

I have mixed feelings about the growth of virtual realities and transplanting consciousness into a digital avatar.
on one hand we have gone too far off the reservation. I think we are unironically straying too far from where we as humans ought to be. We took a wrong turn and now this is the dark path our world is taking us in. I have no doubt that if you are right in saying that shit like the Metaverse take off I don’t know why we wouldn’t just create jobs in the digital world? I don’t see a way of having science, health and the economy all exponentially grow all with the drastic decline of human interaction. I think we’ll just adapt our needs around the tools we’ve created . Who knows but I don’t think it will be very cool. I think we are in for some really dark dystopian shit

I have mixed feelings about the growth of virtual realities and transplanting consciousness into a digital avatar.
on one hand we have gone too far off the reservation. I think we are unironically straying too far from where we as humans ought to be. We took a wrong turn and now this is the dark path our world is taking us in. I have no doubt that if you are right in saying that shit like the Metaverse take off I don’t know why we wouldn’t just create jobs in the digital world? I don’t see a way of having science, health and the economy all exponentially grow all with the drastic decline of human interaction. I think we’ll just adapt our needs around the tools we’ve created . Who knows but I don’t think it will be very cool. I think we are in for some really dark dystopian shit

Back in 2005 I was really active on some futurist type of message boards, granted there were only a few people on those boards but it was pretty fun. Some guys they warned of AI, and some were against technology and science for the reasons you are talking about.

Thing I realized that makes it unstoppable. Is no nation can stop it, or they will get swamped and overtaken by another nation. For example say everybody agreed not to develop technology anymore but Japan kept going. Sooner or later Japan's robot/AI army would show up on our doorstep.

Something interesting is humans prefer interaction with the machines. Everyone says the prefer human interaction but thats not what is found for those looking. For example in banking most people prefer the ATM's and now the online banking.

People prefer texting over human to human interactions. And people prefer television and video gaming over having people over most of the time.

Another thing that makes it so unstoppable is in this vast marketplace whatever companies make the most addicting things like Facebook, they spread and get more capital, more employees. Same with tv shows.

For dystopia we humans we create dystopias. Wherever human cities are, people all move towards them, and then we destroy them. And then a new city starts growing and taking off, and people move to that city until it gets big and then it goes into dystopia and crashes. We are like mushrooms which can't grow where mushrooms just were.

You can see in the USA, our great cities of New York and Chicago for example liberals turn them into unlivable hellholes. And all big cities go liberal. And then you can see by the numbers people are leaving those cities heading for new places.

Taking this even further we have to leave our reality altogether. Which is what we are doing going into virtual realms. Our real world is regulated and controlled to oblivion until its not fun to live in. Now even going into lockdowns all the time. Eventually this will go into outright simulated universes where life is enjoyable.. eg.. the middle ages.

Which I think is what this simulation we call reality that we are in is. It was created so someone could live with human interaction.

I've never thrown an egg at someone's house. I wonder how that would feel like.

Once here in this layer of the simulation in our universe we get our own universe simulators going, it can multiply to some huge number in time. Especially as we colonize our galaxy.

The thing is as you get millions of universe simulators going it becomes arguably absurd to think that you are not in a simulated universe.

A wild thing is say you die in this layer. Then your consciousness goes to the next layer up. Even if you die on that layer, it probably is that the layer above us is also a simulated universe.

I don't believe this universe we are in has an end. When I look at our solar system unlike official astronomers I don't see why it would ever end. Thing is for spirits it might eventually become boring. But you see this death reset feature it seems to give huge replayability. And even if spirits did get bored then we will go into our own simulations that are essentially limitless on what they could be.