Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [Privacy and Safety] Things to do before uploading your photo online

mNFwTJ3wz9

mNFwTJ3wz9

This system is contradicting of failing, and yet -
★★★★★
1. Remove all exif data.
Method : copy the image into paint and save it (as a png)
How this helps - Removes basic Identifying information
1.5 (bonus/optional) Resize (decrease and increase) the image in paint a little bit with a slightly wrong aspect ratio.
2. Add noise
Method : Use an online tool such as this : https://pinetools.com/add-noise-image to add atleast some noise (Not necessarily too much, but just a little bit is needed)
Do not upload the image with exif data. Upload the one you copy pasted into ms paint.
How this helps - Removes to a good extent any invisible watermarks/stenography that your camera may have created.
3. Automated facial recognition prevention
Use http://sandlab.cs.uchicago.edu/fawkes/ to stop SOME forms of facial detection
How this helps - Stops common AI from automatically detecting your face
4. USE .png file in all of these steps, because jpg will remove some noise, and botch some of the anti facial recognition stuff.

Last edited:
Good thread.
inb4 deleted.

But of course, the safest method possible is not to upload your face.

I don't take photos.

Imagine posting your photo online as an incel, just lol.

I don't take photos.
I don't take photos.
Imagine posting your photo online as an incel, just lol.
Legitimately never posted your picture online for anything? Seriously?

Yeah, but if you do feel like getting a rating or need social media or anything at all, going through this process is the the best that can be done without more complex tools.

What about just normal photos? Like pictures of food and shit
Just paste it in paint, resize slightly incorrectly, and add noise.
No need to do the last step.

1. Remove all exif data.
Method : copy the image into paint and save it (as a png)
How this helps - Removes basic Identifying information
1.5 (bonus/optional) Resize (decrease and increase) the image in paint a little bit with a slightly wrong aspect ratio.
2. Add noise
Method : Use an online tool such as this : https://pinetools.com/add-noise-image to add atleast some noise (Not necessarily too much, but just a little bit is needed)
Do not upload the image with exif data. Upload the one you copy pasted into ms paint.
How this helps - Removes to a good extent any invisible watermarks/stenography that your camera may have created.
3. Automated facial recognition prevention
Use http://sandlab.cs.uchicago.edu/fawkes/ to stop SOME forms of facial detection
How this helps - Stops common AI from automatically detecting your face
4. USE .png file in all of these steps, because jpg will remove some noise, and botch some of the anti facial recognition stuff.

Bookmarked

tinder
whatsapp
rating on discord
This is my profile pic on whatsapp:
6f0.jpg

I got fucking nearly doxxed because of metadata or whatever on one of my pics. thankfully I moved house since then

I think most sites automatically scrub the metadata that's on your images when you upload them, not saying it isn't a good practice to follow though. I also think that some people are forgetting that you can post pictures of things that aren't your face.