Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment [Poll] Would You Erase All Of Your Memories For 100 Billion Dollars?

Would You Take The Offer Stated In The Thread?

• Total voters
I don't think you read my sentence properly, so let me be more specific so it can sink it.

If I take Donald Trumps memories, erase all of your memories, and implant all of donald trumps memories into your body. Would the consciousness in that body still be you, or would it be a very confused Donald Trump?
it would be me actually. because i would experience it.
You keep saying "I" would experience, but there is no "I" left in your mind or your psyche, it's all been erased and replaced with someone else.

You keep using words that imply a sense of experiencing past, present and future, phrases like "the life that follows". But there is no "follows" for someone who has no memories of the past.

"Follows" implies awareness of the past, which you won't have, because there is no "you" anymore.

You say that you understand what I'm saying, but the words you keep using convey that you are subconsciously projecting "self awareness" and some level of retaining "sense of self" onto the scenario, when no such thing would occur.
"Follows" implies awareness of the past, which you won't have, because there is no "you" anymore.
imo follows means what comes after this "mind erasing" thingamajigger

It's like roping but being guaranteed a good life afterwards. My family members wouldn't even have to see me die. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I barely have any good memories.

No, because I wouldn't remember the deal I would make after my memory is erased. He could take my 100 billion easily. It's not like I would remember any deal I'd made.

it would be me actually. because i would experience it.
What do you mean by "I", seems like when you say "I" you mean your physical body.

Your brain is physical but your mind "consciousness" is something abstract, it isn't really physical, it's something abstract and immaterial stored on something physical, in the same way that software is stored on a hard drive.

YOU aren't your physical body, YOU are the "software" stored inside of it.

If someone wipes the software there is no YOU.

If we go by your logic, if someone took your brain out of your body, and used some advance science and machinery to keep your heart beating and your body functioning, that body would still be YOU.

What if we replaced your brain with that of some kind of advanced robotics that an integrate with the human body, is it still YOU?

Where does your body end and "you" begin?

It's like roping but being guaranteed a good life afterwards.
No it's just roping, YOU won't have a good life afterwards, it will be someone else. This entire thread is a trick question, and only people who can think abstractly will see why.

No, consciousness relies on memories. Consciousness only REALLY exists when one can conceptualize past, present and future. If you erase someones memories of their past in it's entirety, it's no longer them that's conscious. A new consciousness forms.
I don’t think consciousness=ego/personal identity. Me, you and and some animals all have consciousness but don’t have the same personal identity/ego. The idea of 'you' is subjective your actual brain is objective, 'you' are the shadow and the brain is the actual object casting said shadow. All shadows are fundamentally the same but can appear different depending on the conditions set in question.

I don’t think losing you memories is the same as actual death. 'You' will still experience the world but not as the current subjectivity, 'you' simply won’t remember your old self but will still have the ability to experience.

An actual dead person has neither subjectivity or the ability to interact with their world whatsoever, their shadow is gone and the objectivity has deteriorated to an unidentifiable state, completely change form.
The System no longer operating.

This is all assuming nothingness is an actual thing in death( closed individualism) we don’t absolutely know, 'You' could very well still 'exist' in some form, just not exactly as your living self.

I still struggle to yes because my current subjectivity won’t benefit from it, even though 'you' will still be experiencing the world since the objectivity still exists, and has it’s system still operating.

This is the problem with these debates the idea of 'you' is so subjective and vague, scientists and philosophers can’t give a clear answer.

Yes. If anything, I could re-enjoy all the copes I've tired of

Exactly. You see this thread was to address the whole "I want to be reincarnated" thing I keep seeing everywhere.

I lot of people fail to grasp the simple logic that there are no perks to reincarnation, because if you lose all of your memories you are dead. It would just be another person enjoying life, not you.
I love how the agenda is revealed this early making rest of the posts below it irrelevant.

But I'd take the offer anyhow. Legally owning all that money(with apporpriate protection of course), reverting back to my 6 year old mental self, forgetting my life experiences and essentially killing myself are all net positives

I don't think you are really understanding the situation.
I understood what you meant in the sense that that wouldn’t be really you but someone else.

But I don’t really care anymore with this type of imaginary scenario man because they will never happen

Reality doesn’t smile to daydreamer

ur still sacrificing urself for some1 else's enjoyment. if ur memories are wiped you're essentially dead.
Not really because you get to start over. Opposed to being a broke incel and dying.

Yes. Ignorance is bliss. Go back to being blissfully unaware of pain in the world and also having a bunch of money to alleviate any possible pain? Sounds like a win-win.

it wouldn't be u anymore. the guy holding possession of ur body post-memory wipe would have zero awareness that this restart even happened so it wouldn't even really be a start over but more like a random just living out his moneymaxxed life he thought he was born into at ur expense. since the current u would essentially be braindead this scenario is comparable to committing suicide by undergoing a binary fission that spawns a money mogger twin in exchange for one of the halves' life.
You don’t get it. You’re memories get wiped but you don’t cease to exist. If you don’t get the money you die a broke incel and then cease to exist.

You don’t get it. You’re memories get wiped but you don’t cease to exist. If you don’t get the money you die a broke incel and then cease to exist.
Even with your memories wiped you’re still alive. When you’re dead then you truly cease to exist.

Maybe for some of the bad memories I have, but I wouldn't want to be turned into a clean slate.

Do you even know they guy in your avi?
Yeah, I do know who Immanuel Kant is. I've heard about his theory of ethics and I am interested in some of his points (that using human beings as mere means to an end by deception is morally wrong).

Yes. All the pain due to be unable to accomplish my biological needs such as sex would be fixed.

Or at least I could enjoy a full blown hedonist life.

If your memories get wiped YOU cease to exist, YOUR BODY goes on.

You AREN'T your body.

You are a collection of memories that is "expressed" through "consciousness".

Erase those memories and you cease to exist.

It will literally just be some other guy in your body.

Your logic is the equivalent of deleting a save game file, starting a new game, and then saying "I'm continuing my playthrough".

No you aren't, it's a completely new character, it doesn't matter if it's "the same game", your character is gone, it's a different playthrough now.

The you that exists now is the sum of all of your experiences (memories).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eblA9LqKA8

In the Black Mirror TV series there is an episode called White Bear (spoilers obviously)

Basically there is this woman who committed a crime (I think she murdered her own family, daughter included) and every single day as part of some kind of "entertainment", she has her memories erased of what happened the day before (her memories of the murder and her past life are long gone too). She is then pursued by "staff" of that "amusement park" whose job is to scare her, chase her down with weapons, attack her, etc, but never kill her.

At the end of each day she is strapped onto a chair and has her memories erased over and over.

She has no sense of self, each time she wakes up she's a blank slate the next day. She has her knowledge of language and basic things, but she doesn't know who she was.

From our perspective (the viewer) she is the same person, from her perspective she is a completely different person than her past identity. That person no longer exists.

No because my true self would be dead so I won't be the one having fun with those billions of dollars it would be like killing myself so that another person get rich
Agree

Consciousness itself is a software simulation and your brain is the hardware, you aren't you if you can't experience consciousness.

Like I said earlier:

I'll end it here.
no, not really. You act like this is some 'truth' only you know. you haven't actually provided any proof of it at all.

the consciousness exists, as a function of the brain, and the memories are stored in other parts of the brain, and retrieved if necessary
I don’t think consciousness=ego/personal identity. Me, you and and some animals all have consciousness but don’t have the same personal identity/ego. The idea of 'you' is subjective your actual brain is objective, 'you' are the shadow and the brain is the actual object casting said shadow. All shadows are fundamentally the same but can appear different depending on the conditions set in question.

I don’t think losing you memories is the same as actual death. 'You' will still experience the world but not as the current subjectivity, 'you' simply won’t remember your old self but will still have the ability to experience.

An actual dead person has neither subjectivity or the ability to interact with their world whatsoever, their shadow is gone and the objectivity has deteriorated to an unidentifiable state, completely change form.
The System no longer operating.
This sounds better. Essentially the experience of consciousness still exists, but the memories are gone.

No it's just roping, YOU won't have a good life afterwards, it will be someone else. This entire thread is a trick question, and only people who can think abstractly will see why.
Well I hope he has a good life.

Either way, at least whatever remains of me would have a chance. And at least none of my family members would have to physically die. It's far more preferable to just roping and leaving behind a corpse.

I would, because the way I see it, the self is pure consciousness, that uses my experiences, likes, dislikes etc to make decisions ( think like a blueprint) so I would still be “ myself” just using a different blueprint ( or in this case drawing a new one, since I would be a blank slate.)

It actually is though, you have yet to overcome your personal egoism.
"You" aren't "your body.

Everything that makes you YOU is the result of your experiences.

The you talking to me right now is ironically the ONLY "YOU".

His consciousness has merely been reduced to its origin.
Which means it won't be you anymore. All of your thoughts, beliefs, dreams, desires, personality traits, etc are connected to your memories. Take that away and you essentially no longer exist.

This dilemma is basically an epistemological interpretation of Theseus' Ship

Is it the same ship/body? Yes, it is.
Once again, if I delete the save file for a game and I create a new character, I'm not "continuing the adventure", the other character was deleted, it's gone forever, no data of it remains, the character I start the NEW game with is an entirely NEW character.

If I lost all of my memories, I wouldn't even have the philosophy that I have now, and tbh I wouldn't want to live, because the version of myself that thinks as I do now is the truest version of myself possible. This version of myself has no attachments, no limitations on his path in life, any other version would be inferior (since my genetics would remain the same, I wouldn't magically get smarter or stronger after erasing my memories).

To me, that downgrade and loss of self would be too great, it is essentially a death.

You are limiting death to the concept of someone physically destroying your hard drive.

But someone deleting your operating system by erasing the hard drive is still a "death" of your computer.

When you reinstall the operating system it won't even have the same registry codes, etc. It won't be the same at all, that old version of your system is gone forever.

If I even forget that I existed before, then no. No point since it wouldn't be me anymore.

buddy,

i would pay for that shit

I continue to exist as a reincarnated spirit.
It's clear to see that you are speaking about this subjectively (figurative) whereas I am speaking about this objectively (literal).

I am not a computing machine
Humans are literally biological computers, the only reason we have AI today is because we modelled these concepts against the human brain and how we think and learn.

Are you kidding me bro???

Getting all my painful memories wiped … AND getting 100bil ???

2 dreams come true at once and im supposed to say no ??? :shock:

yes, and i will also find this forum again.

Yes. All I have is bad memories very few good so it wouldn't matter to me.

2 dreams come true at once and im supposed to say no ??? :shock:
It would only be one dream, it wouldn't be "you" getting the billions. You won't even have the frame of reference to know that your life "got better", you wouldn't have any concepts of the beliefs or "dreams" you had to even spend the money on the things you wanted before the mind wipe. It would no longer be "you".

yes, and i will also find this forum again.
You can't even guarantee that, after your mind gets wipe the new person that takes over your body might end up becoming blue pilled and staying blue pilled.

You see, if anyone ever asked me if I could change something in my past, what would I change, the answer would be nothing. Because everything that led me to the path I'm on now, is a result of billions of random events based on the thousands of decisions I've made. There's billions of domino's line up and if I take one out I may never arrive at the point where I am now.

In an alternate universe there's an extremely suicidal blue pilled version of myself, who is set to become a betabuxx and marry some ghetto whore and help her raise her bastard kids.

I would be too afraid to change anything in my past because the smallest change might result in my current self not even existing. I like being self aware more than I like the idea of being rich.

The way my mind works is really my only comfort in this world, I wouldn't trade it for anything, and it may be the very thing that gets me out of being a wage slave one day.

I like being self aware more than I like the idea of being rich.
Yeah but the thing is this self awareness absolutely needs to lead to being rich.

Don’t know about you , but the worst nightmare for me would be having a high degree of self consciousness and being locked up in a cage of poverty

The self awareness I developed is a result of personal experience, reading blackpill nihilist (such as yourself) that completely changed my lifestyle:

Before I would try to go out and try to socialize and shit ,

now I save every fuckin cents even on fuckin food , I could eat only white rice for months without salt without batting an eyelash :feelskek:

and stay lock up in a room for weeks , without going insane because my mind radically changed

one of the thing I really like about blackpill is that if you accept it (80% of this forum doesn’t) it really toughen you up mentally
I don’t think I could ever cry again except for extreme physical pain like getting an arm chopped up or something

:yes:
By the time I'm done relearning everything, I'll be dead. I'll only accept this offer if I've gone broke.
this, yes even if you get the basic functioning memories. For me not enough.
No because my true self would be dead so I won't be the one having fun with those billions of dollars it would be like killing myself so that another person get rich
:yes:
As you mentioned, erasing my memories would be no different to me no longer being alive, as my consciousness without my memories won’t actually be me, but rather it would be somebody else.

So essentially the question is would you rather die and let somebody else get 100 billion, or keep your life as it is.

It’s an easy choice to make, I’ll keep my life as it is.
yup.
Hell no. Not worth it in my opinion. I value the knowledge, experiences, and who I am. I would be a physical body with no sense of self or much understanding of the world. With a fuck ton of money that I wouldn't know what to do with. All my ambitions, imagination etc thrown out the window. Nothing to live for. Money is just a tool to craft your best life. Not everything.

Seems depressing to go this far just to obtain money. I know you would blkpillpress jfl. Would you?
:yes: Also if you're occult maxxing, this would be a very bad idea. You might never find occult maxxing again after memory clear and thus you screw your afterlife plans for pleasure here.

Of course. I would do it for free!

What if someone offered to give you a 100 billion dollars but they'd take away all of your memories.

You'd lose your entire sense of self, everything would be a blank slate, you'd even forget your name. It would be as if you were "reborn".

You'd still have your same level of mental capability but you'd lose all of your knowledge, experiences, memories, etc. However you'd keep your knowledge of language and basic things for living and operating in life.

You'd also be given a new name.

Would you take that offer?
I do it for free. I have no happy memories or anyone I care about. I'd get to replay vidya for the first time.

hell yeah, I'd get rid of all my traumas caused by bullying :feelskek: I'd do it for 10 billion even, tbh

this reminds me of when virgin archer emiya sacrificed his life for shiro emiya and asked rin to make shiro happy. he cucked himself to let a different version of himself live a better life. but u are ur memories so he essentially sacrificed himself for an identical twin
Yes Goyim money is everything in this Jew run world :feelsLSD:
Although I would probably want to keep all my (((financial)))) and ((((economic)))) knowledge if possible :feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD:
But if not my family will teach me again

By the time I'm done relearning everything, I'll be dead. I'll only accept this offer if I've gone broke.
I changed the poll up a bit, I'm surprised at how fast people responded. I made it so that you kept your understanding of language and basic things.

Even if I left it the same, you wouldn't have to relearn "everything", you have 100 billion dollars. You don't have to work again so you don't need an education. Just understanding of basic math.
I immediately said yes irl before I even saw the part where you get $100 billion dollars in compensation. Tbh all I would need to do is boot up the ol’ LDAR station and scroll through my tabs/social media feed/recommended to regain a general feel of the kind of individual I was and the interests I had before I lost my memories

@Animecel2D @Ritalincel @shii410 @kikecel @Diocel @Pixycel thoughtlos mab
I would do it for free

Last edited:
Tbh yeah. I’d forget all about my youth.