Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment [Poll] Would You Erase All Of Your Memories For 100 Billion Dollars?

Would You Take The Offer Stated In The Thread?

• Total voters
BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

Self-banned
-
What if someone offered to give you a 100 billion dollars but they'd take away all of your memories.

You'd lose your entire sense of self, everything would be a blank slate, you'd even forget your name. It would be as if you were "reborn".

You'd still have your same level of mental capability but you'd lose all of your knowledge, experiences, memories, etc. However you'd keep your knowledge of language and basic things for living and operating in life.

You'd also be given a new name.

Would you take that offer?

By the time I'm done relearning everything, I'll be dead. I'll only accept this offer if I've gone broke.

By mental capability do you mean ability to learn or does it also include knowing the english language as well as I do now?

By the time I'm done relearning everything, I'll be dead. I'll only accept this offer if I've gone broke.
I changed the poll up a bit, I'm surprised at how fast people responded. I made it so that you kept your understanding of language and basic things.

Even if I left it the same, you wouldn't have to relearn "everything", you have 100 billion dollars. You don't have to work again so you don't need an education. Just understanding of basic math.

Easy yes. Both are a huge plus, I wish I could forget my horrible childhood and teenage years and all my regrets.

This already happened.

Re: Are you a female or a male?
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182476630Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:49 PM CST
As stated prior to the deletion of my previous response, I am a highly-desirable, beautiful, and intelligent brown-haired, blue-eyed Caucasian woman with pale skin.
Re: Why Are Neuro-Typical Individual So Strange?
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182592230Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:52 PM CST
Please describe the reason for this behavior to me. I am frustrated by my interaction with beautiful, intelligent, neuro-typical Caucasian female individuals that continue to avoid explicitly stating their intentions.

No because my true self would be dead so I won't be the one having fun with those billions of dollars it would be like killing myself so that another person get rich

With that amount of money you could buy a personality.

Easiest question of my life. 100 billion is way too much, it should be much less

Lol glad this isn't reincarnation and shit. This is ez :feelskek::feelskek:

No, because I wouldn't remember the deal I would make after my memory is erased. He could take my 100 billion easily. It's not like I would remember any deal I'd made.

No because my true self would be dead so I won't be the one having fun with those billions of dollars it would be like killing myself so that another person get rich
Exactly. You see this thread was to address the whole "I want to be reincarnated" thing I keep seeing everywhere.

I lot of people fail to grasp the simple logic that there are no perks to reincarnation, because if you lose all of your memories you are dead. It would just be another person enjoying life, not you.

Thats still you, we change all the time, learn new things and forget old ones, change opinions etc.

The thing is, if you'd take the money it would be you taking the money. It would be your genes, your DNA. In a way it would be you "the person" and it won't unban you (the person) from any places you've been banned from, it won't let you realise your goals or hobbies because you won't even know that you wanted these things before.

You'd just be a generic rich man with your genetics, that's it.

You'd theoretically be dead in all but name.

Thats still you, we change all the time, learn new things and forget old ones, change opinions etc.
No it isn't still you, you would no longer have "consciousness", the "sense of self" you are experiencing right now revolves around your memories and a specific "sense of self" that was built around YOUR life experiences.

If you lost all of your memories you'd essentially be dead, your consciousness would be replaced by a new one.

You are thinking of it as "I'd still be conscious, but I'd just be a new person", but your consciousness is the person you are now, if that is erased you also cease to exist.

I would do it for free if it means I get to lose my autism

No, because I wouldn't remember the deal I would make after my memory is erased. He could take my 100 billion easily. It's not like I would remember any deal I'd made.
Come on now, obviously everything would be done with a binding contract with lawyers present.

Easy yes. Both are a huge plus, I wish I could forget my horrible childhood and teenage years and all my regrets.
yes id give all i have if id were i 16 yr old genetic mogger; some HS collogues of mine had satcies gfs all the time, yet by the time they were like 25 it was all over for them :feelshaha:

I changed the poll up a bit, I'm surprised at how fast people responded. I made it so that you kept your understanding of language and basic things.

Even if I left it the same, you wouldn't have to relearn "everything", you have 100 billion dollars. You don't have to work again so you don't need an education. Just understanding of basic math.
I did read the part about the retention of some skills. However, I don't want to just retain my basic skills, I want to be able to do everything I can currently do. My end-goal isn't to be rich and comfortable, it's to be proud of myself for doing things I thought I couldn't do (not things that would necessarily benefit soyciety, though). Money is only a means to an end for me, and I don't need much because I don't have a family and my copes are cheap.

As for my past experiences, I don't give a shit about them - in fact, if I forgot everything, I could at least cope by assuming that maybe I had a good childhood and I've just forgotten it, not that my life up to this point was eventless and depressing.

No it isn't still you, you would no longer have "consciousness", the "sense of self" you are experiencing right now revolves around your memories and a specific "sense of self" that was built around YOUR life experiences.

If you lost all of your memories you'd essentially be dead, your consciousness would be replaced by a new one.

You are thinking of it as "I'd still be conscious, but I'd just be a new person", but your consciousness is the person you are now, if that is erased you also cease to exist.
I want to be a new person. I get what you say, but I think there's a deeper conscious of self than memories and experiences, don't laugh but I believe in conscious soul.

Of course, I would. My life is shit anyways while such a sum can make anyone's life way more better. JFL.

Yes so I can get rid of painful traumatic memories of highschool. I can't stand having cringe attacks every minute anymore. I'm exhausted of fantasizing about revenge.

But beforehand I will write down all of my current wisdom and knowledge on paper so my new self would read it and won't make the mistakes I did that led to those painful traumatic memories.

Last edited:
By the way, what about the people who know you, your PC, smartphone, etc? I mean, they can help you to "remember" who you are.
Would you get isolated from them? Would your electronic devices get taken away/erased/destroyed?

Last edited:
I wont because it seems unworthy for me! I dont want to forget all the knowledge I obtained , my personal memories , my capability of thinking and so on ! 100B dollars are still some sheet pappers , but w/o knowledge and intelligence u cant do anything even with that amount of money! And with/out money u’ll still die so again it makes money look unworthy !

Come on now, obviously everything would be done with a binding contract with lawyers present.
Oh, I didn't know that. Then the answer is a YES with no second thoughts. I'm not old, so I could build a new life easily with that much money. :yes:

As you mentioned, erasing my memories would be no different to me no longer being alive, as my consciousness without my memories won’t actually be me, but rather it would be somebody else.

So essentially the question is would you rather die and let somebody else get 100 billion, or keep your life as it is.

It’s an easy choice to make, I’ll keep my life as it is.

I want to be a new person. I get what you say, but I think there's a deeper conscious of self than memories and experiences, don't laugh but I believe in conscious soul.
If that conscious soul doesn't store your memories you are still dead, that's my point. If you lose your memories and you can never gain them back, it's no longer YOU living.

My end-goal isn't to be rich and comfortable, it's to be proud of myself for doing things I thought I couldn't do
High Confusion

Pride makes people blind to reality. The results are what matters, not how you feel about the results. Emotional thinking like that is exactly why betabuxxers exist. They never get their money's worth out of the relationship but they don't care because they feel proud that they even have a wife.

The problem with pride is that it's subjective and it's literally possible to be prideful about anything, even when you don't have any valid results that's worth boasting about. People with low standards and high standards can be both equally prideful, therein lies the danger when it comes to making life choices.

What if someone offered to give you a 100 billion dollars but they'd take away all of your memories.

You'd lose your entire sense of self, everything would be a blank slate, you'd even forget your name. It would be as if you were "reborn".

You'd still have your same level of mental capability but you'd lose all of your knowledge, experiences, memories, etc. However you'd keep your knowledge of language and basic things for living and operating in life.

You'd also be given a new name.

Would you take that offer?
I really see no downside though

I have an able body no handicap ,
of course it would be better to keep my memory but for 100 billion it’s nothing

But the thing is my new reset mind without any blackpill in it would probably go to the bluepill pretty fast

I would say some retard shit like “money don’t matter , I want my memory back”:feelshaha:

I really see no downside though
I don't think you are really understanding the situation.

of course it would be better to keep my memory but for 100 billion it’s nothing
What do you mean by "my memory"?

Once your memories are erased there will no longer be a YOU, it will just be some new person that is now rich and gets to enjoy spending YOUR money. It's pretty much like someone else possessing your body and erasing your consciousness.

It's no longer YOU.

This poll question is no different than someone paying you 100 billion to kill yourself. If you want to set up a contract to send some money to your family (before your mind gets erased) then it would kinda make sense as a sacrifice. But you are treating this as some kind of "upgrade", when the concept of it being an "upgrade" won't be true when your memories get erased, because for the new individual that comes out of the erasure, this new lifestyle will be what's normal for them.

But the thing is my new reset mind without any blackpill in it would probably go to the bluepill pretty fast
What do you mean by "my mind".

You are missing the point. Like I pointed out above, there is no YOU without YOUR memories.

It will no longer be your mind, it will be someone else's mind.

I would say some retard shit like “money don’t matter , I want my memory back”:feelshaha:
There would no longer be an "I" to say anything, you'd be dead, it would be another person.

If that conscious soul doesn't store your memories you are still dead, that's my point. If you lose your memories and you can never gain them back, it's no longer YOU living.
Who are you to determine what makes you, "YOU"?

If you got in a car accident, got brain damage, and woke up in some hospital paralyzed with memory loss, and live for decades in pain paralyzed, unable to have sex or even masturbate, by your logic, it shouldn't be a problem, because you are not "YOU"?

I am still the same person after the memory wipe, what you don't seem to understand is that nurture is almost negligible in terms of personality, ironically I'd still be a recluse after my memory wipe (people treat me like shit since I'm sub 5, get depressed, never leave home), but I'd be a recluse that wouldn't have to eventually get a job.
If we're arguing in terms of qualia and other philosophical masturbation, it's actually worse for your position, because what makes you you is your DNA, you're arguing against reincarnation BY MISREPRESENTING IT, reincarnation is bad because it's cucked, you have to bear life all over again and you have DIFFERENT DNA thus making it all the more painful and meaningless, if you succeed at having a nice reincarnation but your first life was that of a miserable person, congratulations, you cucked yourself.
"Muh memories" is a foid tier hurdle to get stuck on, like memories of pain and sorrow are worthless, the real conundrum of reincarnation is being forced by some transcendent entity to go live a life you most likely will hate in a prison planet. If you still want to reincarnate after that, you're a fool and a masochist.

Who are you to determine what makes you, "YOU"?
It's not be determining it, this is simply reality.

If you have a save file for a game, and you erase the save file but keep the game, when you start a new game you aren't "continuing with a new character", it's a new game, it's a new character, the data for the old character no longer exists.

This isn't rocket science.

I don't determine that it's a new character, the game does that, and that's why you start from the beginning and you don't have any of your stats, experience points, etc.

If you got in a car accident, got brain damage, and woke up in some hospital paralyzed with memory loss, and live for decades in pain paralyzed, unable to have sex or even masturbate, by your logic, it shouldn't be a problem, because you are not "YOU"?
If it's complete memory loss to the same extent of reincarnation (no name, no language, no memories of anything), then yes I would not care because I'd be dead, it would no longer be me.

Pride makes people blind to reality. The results are what matters, not how you feel about the results. Emotional thinking like that is exactly why betabuxxers exist. They never get their money's worth out of the relationship but they don't care because they feel proud that they even have a wife.

The problem with pride is that it's subjective and it's literally possible to be prideful about anything, even when you don't have any valid results that's worth boasting about. People with low standards and high standards can be both equally prideful, therein lies the danger when it comes to making life choices.
Betabuxxers are proud but also bluepilled. They take pride in the stupidest things so of course they do stupid shit like that.

In fact, my pride would make me even more averse to getting ripped off. Well, I guess that would be just called self-respect. That's mostly what I mean by "pride" anyway. I'll consider revising the kind of words I use.

And I definitely don't mean pride in the sense of fat acceptance or whatever else foids come up with. I know the "be proud of yourself because you were born :foidSoy::foidSoy:" mindset is BS. Even the ones who preach that mentality know deep inside that they aren't doing shit with their lives.

if you succeed at having a nice reincarnation but your first life was that of a miserable person, congratulations, you cucked yourself.
I don't get why this is cucked. Because your reincarnated self doesn't have your memories and thus might as well be a new person who gets to live the good life while all you got to experience was the bad one?

Anyway, the whole reincarnation analogy in the thread is just loose and seems to be for illustrative purposes - not only do you have the same DNA after getting "reincarnated" but you're also at the same age as you currently are - however little time you have left to live, that's how much time you have left to enjoy your $100 billion.

If it's complete memory loss to the same extent of reincarnation (no name, no language, no memories of anything), then yes I would not care because I'd be dead, it would no longer be me.
you would be suffering and in agony. just because you lose memories doesn't mean you can't feel suffering

In fact, my pride would make me even more averse to getting ripped off.
If you would "date" (pay for food, drinks, entertainment, transportation, etc) for sex, but you wouldn't partake in prostitution (make a straightforward payment) for sex, then this statement is false.

Prostitution is actually the better deal between the two. The only time courtship and marriage as the better deal, was when women didn't have rights, so they couldn't withhold sex in a marriage.

People always like to look at divorce statistics as a reason not to get married, but they also forget that there are many men in sexless marriages who are only still married because their wife has a gun to their head (if they get divorced they lose pretty much all of their resources and become a slave to that woman).

Hell no. Not worth it in my opinion. I value the knowledge, experiences, and who I am. I would be a physical body with no sense of self or much understanding of the world. With a fuck ton of money that I wouldn't know what to do with. All my ambitions, imagination etc thrown out the window. Nothing to live for. Money is just a tool to craft your best life. Not everything.

Seems depressing to go this far just to obtain money. I know you would blkpillpress jfl. Would you?

Last edited:
you would be suffering and in agony. just because you lose memories doesn't mean you can't feel suffering
I guess this is too abstract for you to comprehend. It would no longer be "me" suffering, I wouldn't have the same consciousness I have right now, it would be a different person.

When doctors operate on someone who has been rendered unconscious using strong pain nullifying drugs, is that person "suffering"?

There would be no "me" to comprehend the pain, only if I regained my memories would I be able to conceptualized that "I" am now suffering.

When someone is in a hospital and they are brain dead (a vegetable), they aren't really "suffering", they aren't themselves anymore.

If your memories are erased, you are essentially brain dead, it's no longer your brain, what makes it YOUR brain are YOUR memories.

Now that I think about it. Your basically going to have every single aspect, concept of your mind and imagination wiped away completely. You'll be reborn mentally like a new born baby. Basically at that point, it's not even you anymore. It's scary to think about. So it's kind of similar to killing yourself. Imagine being reborn as a baby and being given 100 billion. At that point, your not even getting the money. It's somebody else with completely different life experiences and memories. Only with the same physical body. And that's it.

So it definitely isn't worth it.

I guess this is too abstract for you to comprehend. It would no longer be "me" suffering, I wouldn't have the same consciousness I have right now, it would be a different person.
but you would have some conciousness, right?
When doctors operate on someone who has been rendered unconscious using strong pain nullifying drugs, is that person "suffering"?

There would be no "me" to comprehend the pain, only if I regained my memories would I be able to conceptualized that "I" am now suffering.
you would still suffer.
When someone is in a hospital and they are brain dead (a vegetable), they aren't really "suffering", they aren't themselves anymore.
brain dead/being a vegetable is another factor, but if you experience pain, even without your memories, are not suffering.
If your memories are erased, you are essentially brain dead, it's no longer your brain, what makes it YOUR brain are YOUR memories.
what makes it your brain is that it's inside your body and is made out of cells which contain your own DNA.

but you would have some conciousness, right?
No, consciousness relies on memories. Consciousness only REALLY exists when one can conceptualize past, present and future. If you erase someones memories of their past in it's entirety, it's no longer them that's conscious. A new consciousness forms.

you would still suffer.
No someone else would suffer, I would be dead.

brain dead/being a vegetable is another factor, but if you experience pain, even without your memories, are not suffering.
I don't think you are getting the point of the argument, because you keep using words like "you". There is no "you" without your memories.

If I erased all of your memories, and implanted someone else's memories into your brain, is it still "you" just because it WAS "your body"?

Really think about it.

It would be someone else in your body.

what makes it your brain is that it's inside your body and is made out of cells which contain your own DNA.
The physical body and consciousness (sense of self) are two separate things. A hard drive and the data stored on the hard drive are two separate things.

If I have the Windows operating system installed on a computer, and then I erase it and install a Linux operating system. The computer is still the same computer, but the software and operating system are no longer the same.

I don't think you are getting the point of the argument, because you keep using words like "you". There is no "you" without your memories.

If I erased all of your memories, and implanted someone else's memories into your brain, is it still "you" just because it WAS "your body"?
it would be me because i would experience the life that follows.

i'll propose another theory i suppose. some people in the military experience "PTSD" when they see all the violence in war. if they were to erase those memories, would they no longer experience life at all?

Maybe, but there is a risk that I will become retarded

it would be me because i would experience the life that follows.
I don't think you read my sentence properly, so let me be more specific so it can sink it.

If I take Donald Trumps memories, erase all of your memories, and implant all of donald trumps memories into your body. Would the consciousness in that body still be you, or would it be a very confused Donald Trump?

You keep saying "I" would experience, but there is no "I" left in your mind or your psyche, it's all been erased and replaced with someone else.

You keep using words that imply a sense of experiencing past, present and future, phrases like "the life that follows". But there is no "follows" for someone who has no memories of the past.

"Follows" implies awareness of the past, which you won't have, because there is no "you" anymore.

You say that you understand what I'm saying, but the words you keep using convey that you are subconsciously projecting "self awareness" and some level of retaining "sense of self" onto the scenario, when no such thing would occur.

i'll propose another theory i suppose. some people in the military experience "PTSD" when they see all the violence in war. if they were to erase those memories, would they no longer experience life at all?
You are moving the goal post, the position is that if you erase ALL of a persons memories it would no longer be them. But if I were to go along the lines of what you're saying, it's the core formative memories that matter. If you erased all of someones memories before anything that formed their personality traits happened. You'd still essentially be killing them.

If you erased someones memories up to when they were 4 years old or something, they are essentially dead and this new person would create new memories, new personality traits, from new experiences. It would be an entirely new person