Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Playing the game F.E.A.R (2005) and it's really good should try it if you haven't

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
300px-F.E.A.R._cover.jpg

Veterans will have played this game long ago but I'm a zoomer (born in very late 90s) and I haven't played that many early 2000s PC games. Bought the key for 2€ on Eneba and now I have the base game and the two long expansions (they're around 4/5 hours which for extra content is a lot) on my Steam library. Despite being a game from 2005 the graphics are really good for those years, specially the particle and broken glass effects which look very advanced. The AI is also really good with enemies that will flank you rather than just taking cover and shooting/throwing grenades. No radar for the enemies so sometimes they surprise you and kill you when you thought you had just cleared the room. You can also get creative and put mines and lure them with the flashlight or take cover and try to shoot in the head before the real shit begins. Some interesting bullet time mechanics too. Also no health regeneration, you have to get first aid kits to heal just like in old school games, but you can save at any point of the game so that helps too. I thought the game was from 2007 but when I saw it was from 2005 I was really surprised, Ps3 and Xbox 360 weren't even out yet :feelsaww: No wonder it was PC exclusive until those consoles released, too demanding for Ps2 hardware.

Regarding the story it's a bit meh (so far I've done like 6 missions) but the setting is really good, the environments feel really creepy and claustrophobic even if the game is much more of a shooter than a survival horror. Unfortunately I've read that the two sequels were kinda bad as the amazing AI was removed and the games were just average first person shooters with some jumpscares. They say that F.E.A.R 3 co-op is really fun but since I'm an incel I would have to play it solo so it's over.

Lol, I remember seeing it on top 10s creepiest games videos from 2011.
25 years after, I have the same old ass pc, and I can't fucking play any good game (also incel) :reeeeee:
:reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee:

Lol, I remember seeing it on top 10s creepiest games videos from 2011.
25 years after, I have the same old ass pc, and I can't fucking play any good game (also incel) :reeeeee:
:reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee:
Fuckkk man your PC must be really ancient, do you even use Windows? Because I've had really shitty old laptops in the past and they couldn't even run Windows 7 without lagging like crazy so I had to use Linux Ubuntu.

I am with that shit rn
Be careful bruh without security updates it's a bit risky particularly for banking stuff :feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelsbaton: If I were you I would install some Linux distribution, if you only use it for browsing the internet and maybe the text processor they're great OS for old PCs. Also 100% free and open source you don't have to worry about official support and all that sheit, ITcels with too much free time keep releasing updates for you.

Be careful bruh without security updates it's a bit risky particularly for banking stuff :feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelsbaton::feelsbaton: If I were you I would install some Linux distribution, if you only use it for browsing the internet and maybe the text processor they're great OS for old PCs. Also 100% free and open source you don't have to worry about official support and all that sheit, ITcels with too much free time keep releasing updates for you.
Lmfao this my current pc:

Specs:
Performance
MemorySlots: 2x 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM Installed: 2GB (1x2GB) PC3-10600 1333MHz DDR3 Capacity: 4GB
Graphics DisplayDisplay Size: 18.5" Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Resolution: 1366 x 768 Brightness: 200cd/m² Contrast Ratio: 700:1 Response Time: 5ms Graphics: Intel GMA 3150
  • 1.8GHz Intel Atom D525
  • 2GB (1x2GB) RAM
  • 320GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

So yeah I can't run or install jack shit but browse in this shithole

bro this is my favorite game. i've played the shit out of it and still come back. Try Ruiner.

Lmfao this my current pc:
View attachment 675725
Specs:
Performance
MemorySlots: 2x 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM Installed: 2GB (1x2GB) PC3-10600 1333MHz DDR3 Capacity: 4GB
Graphics DisplayDisplay Size: 18.5" Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Resolution: 1366 x 768 Brightness: 200cd/m² Contrast Ratio: 700:1 Response Time: 5ms Graphics: Intel GMA 3150
  • 1.8GHz Intel Atom D525
  • 2GB (1x2GB) RAM
  • 320GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

So yeah I can't run or install jack shit but browse in this shithole
Yeah that looks really old, a least you have 2GB of RAM so it shouldn't have as much lag as I had with a measly 1GB of RAM. But if it's so old the HDD must be pretty rusty. What I would do is buy a 500GB SSD (they are cheap now), replace it and install a Linux distro. Ubuntu or Mint are good and easy to use for those that aren't ITcels (me included). It will be very smooth :feelsokman:

Yeah that looks really old, a least you have 2GB of RAM so it shouldn't have as much lag as I had with a measly 1GB of RAM. But if it's so old the HDD must be pretty rusty. What I would do is buy a 500GB SSD (they are cheap now), replace it and install a Linux distro. Ubuntu or Mint are good and easy to use for those that aren't ITcels (me included). It will be very smooth :feelsokman:
I am not tech savvy, I will never unscrew and fuck my only pc as a poorfag

IMA sacred of fear

Fear 2 is actually my favourite shooter of all time, heh

I've completed all three many times but I don't think I've done all the expansions. I've definitely completed the Fear 2 expansion and the demo as well which was pretty much like a standalone game and was the best horror or FPS experience I've ever had I think.

Fear 1... it's atmospheric and well made and technically excellent.

Fear 2 I guess focused more on the atmosphere, storyline, etc. Which tends to be more my style. Plus the action is still amazing and so polished.

Fear 3... hm. It's messy! Made by a different team, too. I really didn't hate it and have completed the FPS half of the campaign many times. But it's not groundbreaking like the original or anywhere near as polished and perfected as the sequel. So yah, messy. But fun, lol

I really like the storyline of the series, scares, Alma as an antagonist, etc. All the characters are pretty good I think.

I'll stop here before this just becomes me gushing over the FEAR games!

I played fear perseus mandate and enjoyed it a lot

What games have good mod support

I didn't liked that game at all. It wasn't creepy, it was just a decent FPS game.

i like equipping dual pistols and larping as general cho

Try Trepang 2. it's a free demo that's pretty much FEAR on steroids

I remember trying the free demo of this some time ago. Possibly on steam?
I eventually bought the trilogy and then like an idiot haven't played it =/

@thespanishcel how does this compare to bioshock trilogy? bought that too but also haven't played

KmAlma and lil sis

you'd think the lolis would be incentive enough to install these games but I just play warcraft cards =/

I remember trying the free demo of this some time ago. Possibly on steam?
I eventually bought the trilogy and then like an idiot haven't played it =/

@thespanishcel how does this compare to bioshock trilogy? bought that too but also haven't played

View attachment 688389View attachment 688388

you'd think the lolis would be incentive enough to install these games but I just play warcraft cards =/
Honestly they are very different games, the only similarity they have is that they are first person shooters. Bioshock has fantasy/Sci-fi stuff with the different powers you can use, also your character is stronger and confrontation with enemies is very direct. Really great trilogy with my favorite being the first but the other two are also amazing.

FEAR has a realistic setting (with some Sci fi tho) and is more tactical because your character is kinda vulnerable and if you go gung ho without taking cover and watching your flanks you'll be dead. As much as I liked FEAR, it gets a bit repetitive by the end of the game. Haven't played the other two but I haven't heard good stuff.

i own ALL the fear games but i only played the 3rd one halfway then it got repetetive and i didnt have that many choice of weapons

Oh boy, I played this one years ago. Loved the absolute hell out of it, F.E.A.R is honestly one of the best games I have ever played. F.E.A.R 2 was decent, and F.E.A.R 3 honestly sucked ass.
Try Trepang 2. it's a free demo that's pretty much FEAR on steroids
I can't wait for preorders to open for it. I played the very first demo back when it got released, and it was fucking amazing.