Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

paradox grand strategy

nausea

nausea

Fesikh
★★★★★
we shall here talk bout em

boring and repetivie

CK2 is my jew killing simulator (joking).

jagged0 said:
CK2 is my jew killing simulator (joking).
yea ck2 is great

@commander_zoidberg you should try hoi3, and given your knowledge also other strat\tact games, even much more detailed

Only own HoI4 because I just started dwelling in grand strategy.

CK2 is life. CK2 is love. Forcefully marry that attractive cousin and have some albino, cleft lipped babies. Xwedodah is the only way, bruddahs.

HoI4 is fun too. And Stellaris. And Mount and Blade.

...I'm a paradox fanboy.

panzerfury said:
CK2 is life. CK2 is love. Forcefully marry that attractive cousin and have some albino, cleft lipped babies. Xwedodah is the only way, bruddahs.
my last playthrough with venice ended up this way: patrician infight, lost every merch outpost, all my offsprings became GAY, ragequit

Winged Hussar said:
Only own HoI4 because I just started dwelling in grand strategy.
suggest you ck2 and vic2

nausea said:
my last playthrough with venice ended up this way: patrician infight, lost every merch outpost, all my offsprings became GAY, ragequit

suggest you ck2 and vic2

Gay leaders are OP as fuck.  Since there's no "third rail for the failed male" option, you get a minor general opinion malus, but the ability to seduce other fags for a +150 opinion.  If the pope is a fag too, you become a god.

nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
boring and repetivie
which one?

all of them

c813307e25f1df96a23df5d583e7c86a.png

SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
boring and repetivie
which one?
all of them
cuck, follow this thread, will give you lessons

panzerfury said:
nausea said:

suggest you ck2 and vic2

Gay leaders are OP as fuck. Since there's no "third rail for the failed male" option, you get a minor general opinion malus, but the ability to seduce other fags for a +150 opinion. If the pope is a fag too, you become a god.

and how you reproduce?

nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
boring and repetivie
which one?
all of them

panzerfury said:
nausea said:

suggest you ck2 and vic2

Gay leaders are OP as fuck. Since there's no "third rail for the failed male" option, you get a minor general opinion malus, but the ability to seduce other fags for a +150 opinion. If the pope is a fag too, you become a god.

and how you reproduce?

i already mod sex mods, what lessons do i need rtard

I wish i could play paradox games but I'm a console pleb, at least we have mount and blade on console.

Crustaciouse said:
I wish i could play paradox games but I'm a console pleb, at least we have mount and blade on console.
they are very easy on the pc, you may play them even on a crap portable

nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
lmao u dont know wat late game slog is

SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
got thousands of hours on them, yes late game is different though, but not so much that one has to kill himself cmon

nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
got thousands of hours on them, yes late game is different though, but not so much that one has to kill himself cmon

u ever got a dynasty 10,000 and game doesnt even load the save cus too much calculations

nausea said:

Yeah but i have a Mac in my house, and they are impossible to play on most games.

SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
u ever got a dynasty 10,000 and game doesnt even load the save cus too much calculations
I never had issues with loading saves, the only gamebreaking thing is the well known bug never fixed about hoi3

nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
I never had issues with loading saves, the only gamebreaking thing is the well known bug never fixed about hoi3

hoi3 is a garbage game

with hoi4 i can just afk and win

Crustaciouse said:
nausea said:
Yeah but i have a Mac in my house, and they are impossible to play on most games.
ah, never used mac sorry
but maybe some game is compatible, check it

SeifEsteem said:
hoi3 is a garbage game
you poor soul truly

nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
nausea said:
ah, never used mac sorry

SeifEsteem said:
hoi3 is a garbage game
you poor soul truly

ur the poorsoul

this is why ur incel

SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
nausea said:
ah, never used mac sorry

SeifEsteem said:
hoi3 is a garbage game
you poor soul truly

ur the poorsoul
this is why ur incel

I will make a wall of text about each game, if you are interested you are welcome

nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
Crustaciouse said:
nausea said:
ah, never used mac sorry

SeifEsteem said:
hoi3 is a garbage game
you poor soul truly

ur the poorsoul
this is why ur incel

I will make a wall of text about each game, if you are interested you are welcome

okay

EU2
EU3
EUIV

CK
CK2

HOI2
HOI3
HOIIV

Victoria
Victoria2

start

optional
March of the Eagles
Sengoku
Rome

nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
nausea said:
SeifEsteem said:
SeifEsteem said:
SeifEsteem said:
Victoria2
will talk about these ones
ik u arent doing anything with ur life so u can talk about the rest tooo
I won't talk about games I do not like, EU series is good for starters then it has to be ditched in favor of deeper games

hoi3 isnt deep, literally just make a circle for ai to go in and surround it lul

SeifEsteem said:
hoi3 isnt deep, literally just make a circle for ai to go in and surround it lul
disagree, stay tuned

@Jockcel

Hearts%20of%20Iron%203.jpg

this shall be the first game I talk about, truly fun strat game, military oriented

hoi3game+2012-02-12+15-24-44-10.JPG

in this game as in every paradoxgrandstrat you can play as whatever nation you want on the entire world, it has a steep learning curve though

in this specific game the best playthrough I had were with axis italy, axis argentina and axis finland

I won the ww2 with italy one time, ended up executing sealion alone 

playing with italy is superfun because:

1 mid power
2 critical geo position, full of opportunities
3 starting at war
4 access to sf
5 supereasy to join the axis
6 alt-history experimentation at its fullest imo

sadly there's a bug never fixed within the game : if turkey join axis too soon, barbarossa goes completely wicked, gamebreaking stuff

this is why I suggest you pay attention if you wanna play with axis turkey or the likes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will report some of my playthroughs, which one you wanna see?

@Solitarian_Walker it's fun to harass the rus with finland

as a gift to finnishcels I shall talk a bit about what I have done with finland

the game starts in 1936, finland is not axis 

the main challenge is right around the corner: soviets claim the southern resource-rich regions, they aren't powerful but there's no way for finland to win, my main goal was to exploit the terrain ( snow , lakes, rivers ) to let their advance stagnate at chokepoints

obviously the initial forces are almost all militia, but the defensive bonus offers some kind of hope

my initial moves have been:

1 align immediately full force with the axis
2 reorganize the Order Of Battle, appoint commanders as much as possible
3 economic deals for resources to start pumping my Industrial Capacity
4 starting production to get the Practice going

2px0exwggl8v.jpg

for the armies , my goal was to form standard anti-soviet divisions before war declaration, which I failed and got caught imprepared

at the war-start I had mostly militia groups and some infantry with poor equipment

so I managed to rush a bit the acquisition of GER licenses, initially infantry, engineers and artillery ( a bit )

nontheless, the soviets, after an initial stalemate of pointless exchanges, unleashed massive ART at my poor lines, big losses

the winter war ended as expected: soviets won and took their claims ( to be continued )

@ironcrusher38 I played also as turkey ))

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_MMbHImqbE[/video]

nausea said:

and how you reproduce?

Homo only gives a -15% fertility bonus.  Fag characters can still have children.

Cool bro, fuck em up.

panzerfury said:
nausea said:

and how you reproduce?

Homo only gives a -15% fertility bonus.  Fag characters can still have children.

yes but they associate with bad traits and events plus they are useless, have fun when all your relatives are gayfags

0.jpg

ok so then thing get really interesting

I warmed up for barbarossa: infantry divisions with uptodate equipments through GER licenses, couple of AT units, new engineers, transporters ( for my planned move )

aligned to axis + political manouvers

now, the big plan is this: be prepared to join barbarossa at the right time, retake the lost territories, help GER and make the badass move I always wanted to experiment

CTI3ypk.jpg

this img shows what the situation looked like when I joined barbarossa

the important battles happened in the south-east, my north-east front was almost uninvolved until I decided to push there ( the soviets sent some units but nothing major )

now, I already knew from experience that if the GER executed barbarossa well, they would have reached their main targets in right time ( leningrad, moscow, stalingrad ), but the game , albeit starting historically and developing historically more often than not, still manages to surprise the player with alt-history, indeed in this specific circumnstance the soviets managed to make an heavy and successfull counterattack in the north : the GER were forced to retreat and all my attempts to avoid this were failures, I lost all my elite divisions while confronting the bear alone...

still the army group center was successfull and eventually the rus redirected their forces, clearing the north of their presence

while the operations were concentrated in the centre, I took advantage of the situation and pushed south with new divisions ( mostly infantry ), only resistance was in the cities garrisoned

tbc

so it's time for my plan

Arkhangelsk.gif

preparation: transports ready, marines brigades through licenses ( don't remember if jap or ita )

-I didn't talk about tech, the only ones I actively research as finland are the inf related ones-

execution: first wave of marines ( amphibious assault ) directly against the city, eventually option of encirclement if things go wrong ( this is super-risky ), after the capture I shall repair the port and take care of supplies

goal: threat soviets with encirclement, forcing them to divert enough divisions to ease the advance of axis in the east

Now, timing is everything. My power is negligible, I cannot sustain any serious fight against the bear. My initial approach is obviously through intelligence : the city is lightly garrisoned and not linked to any hq. Nice.
One can argue "what about naval?", no problem. The northern rus navy was concentrated in the baltic, only a submarine patrols the arctic.

The central command is located in murmansk ( army group HQ ), from there my transports ( normal ships not amphibious vessels ) will travel to the target.

All is ready. The eastern front is a clusterfuck of giant battles , GER seems unable to breakthrough the new heavy armoured RUS divisions, their manpower is beginning to drop. Time to help them.

tbc

@commander_zoidberg I cannot believe you are not into stratgames

ok, a couple of punctualizations before continuing

HOI3 is a very fun game once you overcome the initial difficulties, it may give you the input to try to grasp the struggles ww2 commanders had to face;granted there are other games much more detailed than it eh.

In order to start, I suggest you to choose some small nation, you shall learn the basics this way. Stay away from the main conflict for as long as it takes. The game is military oriented, everything is done as a function to enhance your military endeavours.

The most fun thing is also the uniqueness of this game: the makeup of your armies. You can experiment ad libitum with no limits everything you wanna come up with, e.g.: what about creating a division of 2 light armor\1 eng\1 motorized inf to exploit quickly a valuable position in a difficult terrain? Do it and see how it pans out.

The layers of complexity go deep into technology and research: constant struggle between attack and defense, new tactics, etc.

Alt-history is superfun: I played as australia, aligned to axis and helped japan ( until USA invaded me ).

Also there's a based community of modders.

ok let's go on

7WSnVjx.jpg

lol this image is just a dream, as finland I will never achieve that , my goal is much more modest

ATTACK

I timed the offensive at dawn to maximize the efficacy and minimize attrition. Weather is good. 

The blueprints of the licenses are still good, but my infantry is behind anyway.

Sadly all goes wrong: the garrison are tough, the city has a fortification and no matter my preparation my marines suffer unacceptable losses. Time to switch to plan b: beachead plus encirclement. Now, time becomes critical : my intelligence estimates a time-window just sufficient to take the city before the arrival of soviet reinforcements, against which I cannot compete.

The manouver goes smooth, city is encircled and sieged, supplies are cutoff. I cannot pretend to attack it decisively so I resort to minor but constant initiatives in order to break the garrison. As soon as attrition kicks in, it's over for them.

X-20110215121555140.jpg

these guys did toratora a bit later than usual

For my plan the focus is on the axis arkhangelsk-moscow, the infrastructure is generally poor but there is a main viable direction I will take advantage of if I can ( in the game you can build things but it requires time ).

While the siege proceeds, I continue transporting troops: I built the basic port level in both the coastal territories that surround the city, supply-flow is good, obviously I cannot sustain any big contingent until I take the city.
RUS units start to move towards my positions, seemingly regular infantry. It will take them a while to reach me.

The army group center has done successfull spearhead manouver and captured vyazma.

hqdefault.jpg

tbc

@Götterdämmerung given your nick...

*tips feodra* im here bby

ok, this is the end of finnish campaign

finn-flag.jpg

Arkhangelsk falls after stiff resistance. Now I can proceed with the second phase: repair infra+inject the second wave of troops.

RUS , as usual, have seemingly infinite manpower, no matter what disastrous losses they take...

GER, as predictable, will never force the bitter peace without capturing moscow, and that won't happen without major struggle around the capital ( this is something that in my experience always happens ).

their-finest-hour-dd-4-combined-arms-pic.png

this is a table I can only dream of as finland

maxresdefault.jpg

GER captured stalingrad, finally

Back to my thing. My force consists of mostly regular infantry homemade plus 4 brigades of marines licensed and 2 AT brigades. Pretty poor but sufficient to achieve my goal.

5qhSPi7.jpg

this is what often happens to italy if I don't take care of it

Ok. Now it's early '43, all is ice, all is blocked. I set up my troops on the defensive to deal with the incoming soviet vanguard.
Minor exchanges take place, minimal losses. The infra is so poor they cannot outmanouver me. After 10 days more or less, the enemy exhausted its offensive capacity and resorted to stand still. I harass it in order to keep it down.
I keep an eye on the army group centre and I decide to make my move earlier than planned, for I already smell disaster.
Taking advantage of the only directory possible ( the axis arkhangelsk-moscow, with acceptable infra ), I start moving south.

But my intel is limited: I cannot evaluate properly the strenght of the enemy in the region. All I see are question marks. I make a gamble.
Sooner than expected, a powerful soviet division pops up from the southwest: light tanks and upped motorized inf. I must alt my advance, dig in and wait.
Then their airforce, which I thought was completely broken, starts targeting my positions. I have no AA, but usually such strikes, if not sustained, are a minor issue. Instead , they pester me wave after wave with those damned Pe-8, which surely have enhanced tactics. My troops are already battered before the land battle starts. If not for the air intervention I would have probably won against that soviet force but now I am just pinned down. Battle lost, retreat eh, but obviously I am not motorized so I got annihilated.
The day after, arkhangelsk is surrounded by the enemy. They cannot retake it but I cannot move. My IC is shit. Operation fails.

Before quitting I,as usual, speed up the time to check what happens: in this case, GER loses the initiative. Over.

@Solitarian_Walker my dream of revenge in the name of Santa is gone...

wea is the ck2 campaign

SeifEsteem said:
wea is the ck2 campaign
I have a "empire of norway" thing under my belt

@SeifEsteem you seem the only one interested, which hoi3 report you wanna me doing?

choose between

1 australia
2 italy
3 turkey
4 switzerland
5 argentina
6 south africa

I love them even though I suck at them. CK2 especially is one of those games that you can play to cope with your shitty life by RPing as a powerful nobleman with a cute wife. I also dig all the political backstabbing.

nausea said:
@Jockcel

Hearts%20of%20Iron%203.jpg

this shall be the first game I talk about, truly fun strat game, military oriented

hoi3game+2012-02-12+15-24-44-10.JPG

in this game as in every paradoxgrandstrat you can play as whatever nation you want on the entire world, it has a steep learning curve though

in this specific game the best playthrough I had were with axis italy, axis argentina and axis finland

I won the ww2 with italy one time, ended up executing sealion alone 

playing with italy is superfun because:

1 mid power
2 critical geo position, full of opportunities
3 starting at war
4 access to sf
5 supereasy to join the axis
6 alt-history experimentation at its fullest imo

sadly there's a bug never fixed within the game : if turkey join axis too soon, barbarossa goes completely wicked, gamebreaking stuff

this is why I suggest you pay attention if you wanna play with axis turkey or the likes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will report some of my playthroughs, which one you wanna see?

I've only played the 4th one, is 3 better?

Minjaze said:
I love them even though I suck at them. CK2 especially is one of those games that you can play to cope with your shitty life by RPing as a powerful nobleman with a cute wife. I also dig all the political backstabbing.
yea lol

but it's also good as input to discover history

ck2 is very easy as paradoxgame

votevotevote

Minjaze said:
I've only played the 4th one, is 3 better?
good q

I didn't buy the 4, I cannot tell but I do not like the direction they have taken with the serie

I also don't play anymore but may come back to some degree