Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Oldcels, how does inceldom feel as you age?

T

TaciturnCel

A neurotic mess
-
Is it worse from the time you were in your teens and 20s or does it get better? Are people shocked that you don't have children? How does your family treat you?
Let me know, I'm headed into my 30s and I want to know if I should rope now.

I felt way worse in my 20s than in my 30s. Money helps a lot.

I'm not an oldcel but I feel time flying fast af, yet at the same really slow

I don't want to become an oldcel when I'm suffering this longer

Depression and age makes libido fall down to zero, people ask you all the time are you married? do you have children? what are you waiting for?

I feel like you would feel worse in your 20s because those are your prime fertility years and that's when most of your friends (if any) are having sex. In your older years that biological drive to fuck goes down.

I’m gonna say it gets better but that’s my own personal experience, having schizoid PD helps as wel

What I found is it takes a really fucking long time for people to stop asking you when you're going to "settle down" and get married and have children. It's sort of an insult now. Like what exactly do they think I would be settling down from, as if being broke, no friends, and borderline suicidal for decades is the exciting part part of my life I would be leaving behind by getting married.

There is less pleasure and more pain and depression but maybe that is a prolonged mid to late life crisis.