Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL No, forums are nothing like social media

• Thread starter Deleted member 40170
  • Start date
Deleted member 40170

Deleted member 40170

Banned
-
I've been seeing this CuckTear inspired lie floating around and gaining traction and have to speak up about it.

First of all, let me start by saying this: I was once a big supporter of social media. I liked how it redpilled people on women's true nature as being just as selfish, uncaring, shallow and vindictive as men. Females's demonstration of this on social media was objective proof that could quantify what low SMV males had been warning about throughout history.

But it's gone too far now. The redpill morphed into the blackpill which has morphed into normies hijacking the blackpill to shit on ugly males even more and have even more of a justification for this (that low SMV males formulated) then just the original "lol I make fun of you losers because it's funny!"

Social media has allowed women to amass orbiters from all around the world for whatever and whenever they choose. It's allowed them to find loads of supporters no matter how they act or what they do.

Social media doesn't even allow you to speak truth to power and oppose war. It's actually the opposite. It cements the status quo. It's full of shills harassing others and spewing disinformation. Most likely if there was a war, all males protesting it would be labeled incels, with all anti-war groups deplatformed because of ridiculous reasons like "extremism" or "terrorism" while anti-incel sentiment would be going viral as part of propaganda to silence any males that didn't want to participate in the war (we have 20th century analogues with this with Woodrow Wilson's Espionage Act of 1917 forbidding criticizing World War I through any available medium at the time and encouraging the government and corporations launching into pro war propaganda and demonizing those that opposed the war as enemies of the state and the people in the country.) Meanwhile all the disinformation groups that maligned and continuously lied about anti-war mostly male groups would be allowed to stay up and implicitly promoted by being featured on the trending and home page.

But enough about that. I've given a few reasons why social media has overall been a force for bad things occurring to low SMV males. Now I need to state why forums are nothing like social media:

• Forums are web 1.0 technology with limited interactivity with the outside world. Social media is nothing like that. Social media depends on you amplifying your voice and reaching the greatest number of people possible.
  • On forums, it's mostly a closed ecosystem. People discuss topics with like-minded people. Yes, there are sometimes some feedback reactions and quoting that goes on and hierarchies that form, but it's much more anonymous than on social media where image and following are the MOST important factors in how credible you are considered to be.
  • Social media encourage you to post pictures (or in the case of reddit, flattering avatars) of yourself to pump up your SMV. No one has benefitted from this more than women and chads. Forums didn't allow that. Notice how many women and chads had no home field advantage on forums and for the longest time participated in laughing at such discussion places online as a place for "losers" because they saw no benefit to posting on places like that.
  • Social media allows women to amass far more orbiters than just having a limited fan club on a forum (where they would seek attention by openly stating they are a woman.) Social media in fact encourages this and for women to have a global reach of fans, followers and supporters. It's no surprise that social media has allowed women to essentially become mini celebrities and start proselytizing about encouraging women's sexual freedom to a far greater extent than the average woman would have been able to pre social media. Social media is geared to the empowerment and visibility of women through promoting excess focus on image. Forums are not.
  • Cancel culture (viral rape hoaxes, astroturfed moral panics (Kony 2012 anyone?), #metoo, "outrage" about standard restrictions like school dress codes prohibiting certain types of scantily clad attire for women and girls) didn't become a large problem until online witch-hunt mobs on places like twitter, facebook, instagram, reddit and tiktok started emerging. SJW culture didn't originate on forums. There was no point. Forums were limited in how much you could attention seek and libel others. But someone libeling you on mainstream social media "news aggregators?" Employers and people that can reign in others that don't express the "correct" opinion can way more easily weight unflattering news there more heavily. This in part too to the mesmorization Boomers and earlier generations have with instant communication technologies and younger generations' tendency to believe computers and predictive algorithms are like gods that can't be questioned and must be feared. Tech companies encourage this by refusing to disclose their essentially unknown, blackbox algorithms that deliberately push controversy, division and incoherency for views and clicks.
  • Social media is a parasitic phenomenon that uses others to gain notoriety. Look at the anti-incel subs. They rely on screenshotting publicly visible forums to get reddit karma, which is like the western version of the social credit score and way to enforce ideas of what is good and bad.
  • Social media is a tool of big tech companies to enforce a neoliberal, pro female empowerment point of view through behavioral modification (see MIT Technology Review posts bragging about the ability to do this and "nudge" behavior.) Forums are way more neutral and again only meant for discussion. Even if someone wanted to, they wouldn't be able to "nudge" and "socially engineer" behavior on a forum as easily as on a social media site. Again, the limited nature of forums makes this fairly ineffective. It's much more effective to shill and try to influence public sentiment on social media "news aggregator" monopoly sites that have a wide, potentially global reach and don't claim to specialize in one topic (although their overarching goal is specializing in one key topic: women's empowerment.)
Blogs are way closer to social media than forums are (blogs are web 2.0 technology with more interactivity) but even they don't come close to the image obsessed, attention seeking nature, global reach built in by design into social media.

(credits to @your personality) @Dregster666 thoughts on this?

this is epic analysis, I'm liking this video commenting under this post to make it more visible

Yep, key reason why foids and normies used to hate 4cuck (before they took it over and fucked it up) was because it was 100% anonymous and nobody could build fame or have a legion of worshippers, it was a free market of memes and ideas and thus resulted in some of the funniest, craziest and most entertaining content in existence.

soycial media inflated women's standarts and egos, I wish they never existed