Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Narcicel Trait: You're "confidence" depends on others.

Narcicel's Oneitis

Narcicel's Oneitis

Discord disabled. New discord: not.gone.yet.xp
Many people think a narcissist is just some confident jerk who goes through life believing they're the shit and blunders through life with the lens that they can do no wrong.

While this isn't wrong and can be true (cough cough Grandiose Narcissists cough cough) The reality is far more complicated for people who have clinical NPD (and not just people who are assholes with narcissistic traits)

One of the most common myths about narcissistic people is that they are legitimately self-assured when their confidence is based on how others view them. Hence the term "narcissistic supply" was created.

Think about it, most (if not all) genuinely secure people do not need attention (even if they like it); They know who they are and don't need any validation to prove it.

Obviously don't use this post to self-diagnose because you can't easily detect a true clinical narcissist by one singular trait; This is just something to think about and introspection fuel for people who think they might act like narcissists.

I might be narci then, I constantly want people to like me.

Are you a narcissist, OP?

Are you a narcissist, OP?
I am planning to get psych eval at 18 (realistically might be 20s because money and all that jazz)

While yes this is hypocritical to tell people not to self-diagnose while I'm self-diagnosed, as I touched on, this post mentions ONE trait while narcissism is a whole cluster of traits (if that makes sense)

While getting a professional's opinion is best, feel free to label yourself all you wind if you think you relate to a lot of the traits; At the same time, narcissism cannot be clinically identified by one single trait (as I feel touched on in the post)

If you was raised in a healthy family and are good looking with a good genetics, you don't need validation from others because you already have it. While those who are inferior or feel inferior are trying to get validation from others by impressing them or overcompensating.
I think it's natural and not bad per se ( despite anti-narcissist hysteria in modern popular psychology ). Narcissism only becomes bad when it lead to crimes and destroying other's lives.

If you was raised in a healthy family and are good looking with a good genetics, you don't need validation from others because you already have it. While those who are inferior or feel inferior are trying to get validation from others by impressing them or overcompensating.
I think it's natural and not bad per se ( despite anti-narcissist hysteria in modern popular psychology ). Narcissism only becomes bad when it lead to crimes and destroying other's lives.
That is a very good way of thinking about it.