Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL My therapist didn't diagnose me with OCD because the symptomology of it is incompatible with CBT "treatment"

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
For years I've had OCD in the sense of having strong feelings that something is awry -- the light switch is not off, the faucet is not off, the coffee maker is not off, the stove is not off, the door is not closed or locked, etc.

These distortions cannot be modified by "correcting thought processes," the central conceit of CBT. For I can visibly expose myself to what the reality is (e.g., the faucet is indeed off), but this doesn't stop me from feeling that it isn't (hence I've pressed down on the faucet until it has literally broken off).

This presents a problem for my CBT rapist, who is incentivized to ignore my OCD because according to the modality he's trained in and remunerated for, such a thing should not even be possible. It should not be possible for feelings to take precedence over thoughts when it comes to anxiety and how it manifests in OCD.

The incentive that my therapist has is to comport a flawed paradigm onto me, and this is easily accomplished because there is no oversight in therapy.

In this way, you can easily spend years having a therapist attempt to fit a square peg (CBT) into a round hole (you) just in order to keep the insurance money flowing :lul:

Last edited:
d83a72f16cc721524c5b82a4b0542f69.jpg

OCD doesn't exist man it's all in your head

just ignore everything man

For years I've had OCD in the sense of having strong feelings that something is awry -- the light switch is not off, the faucet is not off, the coffee maker is not off, the stove is not off, the door is not closed or locked, etc.

These distortions cannot be modified by "correcting thought processes," the central conceit of CBT. For I can visibly expose myself to what the reality is (e.g., the faucet is indeed off), but this doesn't stop me from feeling that it isn't (hence I've pressed down on the faucet until it has literally broken off).

This presents a problem for my CBT rapist, who is incentivized to ignore my OCD because according to the modality he's trained in and remunerated for, such a thing should not even be possible. It should not be possible for feelings to take precedence over thoughts when it comes to anxiety and how it manifests in OCD.

The incentive that my therapist has is to comport a flawed paradigm onto me, and this is easily accomplished because there is no oversight in therapy.

In this way, you can easily spend years having a therapist attempt to fit a square peg (CBT) into a round hole (you) just in order to keep the insurance money flowing :lul:
JFL I remember you made a post a while ago shitting on CBT

CTB (cease to breathe) > CBT

OCD doesn't exist man it's all in your head

just ignore everything man
tbh but still, i think i have ocd , i like to keep things clean .

jfl at people that think ocd is mainly about cleanness and order
ocd can be anything like hair pulling, nail biting etc. foids ocd is going after chad and riding the cc.