Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion My theories on how Religion came into existence

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
So to start, i'm an atheist. But i think i have some ideas on how religions and gods ended up becoming a thing.

Basically, i think the main reason was to control people and what they think and do. That's the easiest and simplest one.

Then, i think some cavemen/early humans were schizophrenic, and had mental issues. This made them dream up gods, and hear voices in their heads. And because people were so primitive at the time, they didn't really have an understanding of what was real and not real. So they told other cavemen/early humans about their experiences, and some ended up believing it. And it spiraled into all the world religions we have now.

That and people just wanted to scam others out of money for their own self benefit.

I’d like to think people designed religion so they wouldn’t be so afraid of death

I’d like to think people designed religion so they wouldn’t be so afraid of death
Shit man i forgot. That was another one. To have something to look forward to after death.
That also ties into people using our fear of death as a way to get people to believe whatever you say.

Rationalization is why religion exists. Mankind is trying to make sense of a senseless world and religion helps fulfill that goal.

Basically, i think the main reason was to control people and what they think and do. That's the easiest and simplest one.
The main motivation for people establishing, organizing and controlling faiths, religions and churches

The (very underestimated) main motivation for people following these

Yes. Religion and Totalitarianism are pretty much the same thing. The control of the conscience of the individual.

Then, i think some cavemen/early humans were schizophrenic, and had mental issues.
There's actually a theory about this already. Early humans perceived their inner monologue as the voice of God.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgnMyF-o0sQ

that's one of the main reasons why people theistcope, the fear of the eternal void that awaits them after death, not heaven or hell, just nothing, a cold abyss

I believe the number 1 reason was to control that monks, and regular men have constant, unproblematic access to sex and chad access to sex is somewhat controlled and superficiality of women is somewhat controlled. Also reduced rapes. Because an uncontrolled sex world is similar to animal kingdom. I mean imagine chad fucking all the women, normies are raping women and it would cause constant chaos and so much murders from normies and incels, babies with no fathers etc. Religion regulated that and brought some normality to world. You may do it with laws but it is harder because with religion you fix it right at the brain and people self regulate themselves.

Last edited:
There's actually a theory about this already. Early humans perceived their inner monologue as the voice of God.
haha that's based as fuck

that's what I do

no religion for your face.

The voices in my head concur