Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story My special ability as a child

vermilion

vermilion

#1 celebrity of the forum
-
I'd often go into trances as a child. As I went into trances, my vision would speed up—that's the best way to put it, as far as I'm concerned.

I could visualize more than one thing at a time, even though this isn't thought to be physically possible. In doing so, my hearing would completely blot out. My teachers and babysitters could scream from 3 feet away and baby me would not hear them at all. I could only be disrupted if something blocked my vision or I was physically grabbed.

My teachers complained to my parents that I needed to have my hearing checked. This didn't seem correct because I could hear them just fine—it was only in the trance state that I could not hear them. My mother complied and the old family doctor she took me to tested my hearing and said it was fine; actually, a little better than average.

When my mother asked this doctor why on earth I could not hear, the wise old doctor's answer was spot on.

In his words, "some kids concentrate so hard that they block everything else out."

I remember sitting on the doctor's examination table and thinking, "great, I'm not the only boy who experiences this phenomena. But why only kids?"

I had no control over this phenomena. It would only happen when I was extremely mesmerized by some incident. It only happened when viewing insects or animals doing something interesting. When I was in that state I had no measurement of time, I had no idea how long I had been in a trance.

As a case in point, I used to collect all sorts of creatures. I would go on hunts for them. One day after school, I rolled over a log and exposed some termites—and carpenter ants for that matter. The ants engaged in a confrontation with the termites, and a battle ensued; my trance began.

Baby me could visualize many aspects of this battle simultaneously. The soldier termites defending different openings, dead and wounded termites being carried off, ants dragging them into their tunnels—all as though I was focusing on each event, yet it was viewed and registered simultaneously. Don't ask me how, as I could not do this normally.

What broke my trance was the daylight, which had become so dim I could no longer clearly see what was happening. As a matter of fact, the sun had gone down... As I awakened, I realized I was late for supper. My mother would be upset, and so I ran home.

This ability left me when I was about 7 years old.

So basically I would go into trances as a child where I could visualize more than one thing at a time. I had no control over this phenomena. It would only happen when I was mesmerized by some incident like viewing insects or animals doing something interesting. When I was in that state, I had no measurement of time. It felt like a superpower, honestly.

I had a weird thing that would occasionally happen to me where, for lack of better words, my mind and then everything around me would sort of stretch out into infinity and I felt like I would fall outward into nothingness. It freaked me the fuck out when I was young. Only happened once as an adult, and it was recently, and it was also happening when I got high. Hadn't felt that since childhood.