Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel My parents should be a library of knowledge

RegularManlet

RegularManlet

Former Wagecuck turned Neetbuxmaxxer. Gymcel
★★★★
Sometimes this is how I think about my parents, since they are both 60 years old.

I feel like I have already learnt a lot in life, if I could restart life by being born now with my current knowledge I think I could fair a lot better in life.

Thats kind of what you do as a parent though, it's not you restarting but your offspring, the thing is my parents imparted zero wisdom on to me.

I feel like I am the most knowledgeable person in the house with the most common sense, my parents gave me no foundation to start on, I was extremely non NT and socially awkward as a kid and people did not want to be around me and my parents just let me act like that while chads and stacies were having sex for the first time, but even beyond my social interactions they offered no wisdom in succeeding in life and so on, it feels like my parents know literally nothing, they always told me to just "be nice" or the most wisdom I would get would be "sleep is the best medicine" "sleep is the best medicine" my father would always say that if I was sick or got a headache and thats it, if I had a kid I would be able to help them way more I think.

Anyone else feel this way about their parents, its just so dissapointing.

Chink parents are knowledgable thats why they can train their pets and kids

My parents were kind of the opposite, teaching me all the wrong things and ideas and forcing me to work against them to find out what reality really looks like.

The world is changing at an unprecedented rate because of technological progess and parents who grew up 50+ years ago might as well have been born on a differend planet.

My parents were kind of the opposite, teaching me all the wrong things and ideas and forcing me to work against them to find out what reality really looks like.
I see yeah, it would suck being taught the wrong things and I have never really had to work against my parents, thats honestly even worse because it could create a hostile environment too. In my case it was more that I was just taught nothing, like starting a game for the first time blind, of course I am going to fuck it up. The extent of their knowledge to pass on to me was "just be nice" that was the most I would get.
The world is changing at an unprecedented rate because of technological progess and parents who grew up 50+ years ago might as well have been born on a differend planet.
Yeah exactly and their knowledge or information or whatever is completely outdated and useless, they would do better raising a kid 150 years in the pst from when they were born than 40 years in the future from when they were born, I think for our generation it will not be the same due to the internet and I think things have kind of settled with technological progress enough that nothing will drastically change like it did for boomers.

They should be training you up to face the world caring about some grades or a piece of paper isn't that way however, yet that's all parents drone on about (study study study).

My parents never taught me anything useful.
They put way too much faith in the school system and viewed it as a place that's responsible for my upbringing.

1000Genomes_30x Global Study-wide6404G=0.7876A=0.2124
1000Genomes_30x African Sub1786G=0.6926A=0.3074
1000Genomes_30x Europe Sub1266G=0.7385A=0.2615
1000Genomes_30x South Asian Sub1202G=0.7438A=0.2562
1000Genomes_30x East Asian Sub1170G=0.9974A=0.0026
1000Genomes_30x American Sub980G=0.828A=0.172

Sometimes this is how I think about my parents, since they are both 60 years old.

I feel like I have already learnt a lot in life, if I could restart life by being born now with my current knowledge I think I could fair a lot better in life.

Thats kind of what you do as a parent though, it's not you restarting but your offspring, the thing is my parents imparted zero wisdom on to me.

I feel like I am the most knowledgeable person in the house with the most common sense, my parents gave me no foundation to start on, I was extremely non NT and socially awkward as a kid and people did not want to be around me and my parents just let me act like that while chads and stacies were having sex for the first time, but even beyond my social interactions they offered no wisdom in succeeding in life and so on, it feels like my parents know literally nothing, they always told me to just "be nice" or the most wisdom I would get would be "sleep is the best medicine" "sleep is the best medicine" my father would always say that if I was sick or got a headache and thats it, if I had a kid I would be able to help them way more I think.

Anyone else feel this way about their parents, its just so dissapointing.

Bro, this is exactly my life too. It's like everything they know is something they learned at some point in their life and they just accepted the information without any reflection or deepening and they can never relearn or update anything.

"Be nice to people and people will be nice to you."

"There is one for everyone."

"Studying is good."

"Hitler bad."

"Vegetables are good for you."

They should be training you up to face the world caring about some grades or a piece of paper isn't that way however, yet that's all parents drone on about (study study study).

Exactly, it's truly amazing how they think studying will solve everything.

I have a friend who is chadlite. His parents tried their best to make him focus only on school and not get any pussy even though he was surrounded by offers. Atleast it's not just us who get cucked by parents I guess.

I feel like my parents kinda failed me ngl, my dad let me get violated by a doctor in front of his face and he didn't do anything and my mum bullied and harassed me whenever i showed any interest in a girl leading me to develop extreme social anxiety and probably made my autism worse. + im also only 5'5 because of my mother but i could have been at least 5'10 because my dad is 6ft

People who have children are a different breed