Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

My parents are partly responsible for my inceldom (and many other struggles in my life)

Recruit
★★★★★
At the age of 19 my parents forced me to go to university far away from home. It was my decision to go to uni but the timing was awfully bad. I was dealing with very difficult health problems and I told my parents I was not ready for it but they wouldn't accept it. Instead, I was told "Oh, you will feel better once you get there". As I was foolish and naive I thought there was no other option but to comply.

So, what happened once I got there? I felt terribly anxious and it was difficult to function socially. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't relax. My parents still kept saying "Oh, it will pass, you need to be strong". Well, they were wrong. It turned out to be one of the worst decisions of my life. I should have just quit uni and return once I feel better.

Eventually, I managed to graduate with poor grades. But my life didn't return to normal. I was always exhausted and felt way too tired for someone in their 20s.

How does my life look right now? I am a 31 year old wizard. I have no career. I am able to do some very limited work but I am essentially a NEET. My parents still live in their delusions and keep thinking my problems are due to laziness. Even before starting uni, my life was not that great, my mother behaving in an abusive way and totally trying to control my life. She rarely cooked for me and my siblings so I doubt I was eating well and getting all the nutritions that are needed.

I live in a shared house with strangers. I don't have enough money to rent my own home. I rarely have money for things other than essentials.

Last edited:
What health issue are you dealing with?

Why didn’t you get a job after graduating uni?

I feel similar feelings towards my parents. They just gave up on me and focused on my younger siblings. Once that I showed I had no athletic or academic traits they just simply left me by myself and it's getting worse as I'm getting older.

Oh so you’re a meth addict? You share a house with strangers

If not then why are they letting you stay without paying rent?

I feel similar feelings towards my parents. They just gave up on me and focused on my younger siblings. Once that I showed I had no athletic or academic traits they just simply left me by myself and it's getting worse as I'm getting older.
Sounds tough. My siblings are treated completely differently to me, it sucks.

You must have been shit with managing your money.
Depends on what is meant by that. No, I didn't manage to invest any money to create a passive income or anything like that. But I didn't waste it either. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs.

Oh so you’re a meth addict? You share a house with strangers

If not then why are they letting you stay without paying rent?
No, where I live the NEET money is not enough to rent a place for yourself.