Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel My English makes me feel like a crackhead

Celius

Celius

-
I never bothered learning the fundamentals of it outside the shitty forced curriculum we go through from which I barely learned anything new btw. I just kinda rolled with it thanks to being exposed to lots and lots of western media from a very young age to a point where I can fluently speak the language while maintaining both American and British accents flawlessly.

Although not structured in the most convenient manner, I’d say my grammar is almost impeccable when excluding typos and some accidental misrepresentations of terms but again I never studied the language, I may understand let’s say past present verbs and where to use them but I have absolutely no fucking clue what they even are.

Does that make any sense? This is the shit that hurts me the most. Makes me really feel like the idiot I am. Like some illiterate homeless crackhead in burgerland who never went to school so he has no idea how English works but is able to fluently speak it since everyone else in his country does.

My reading is good but I’m so low IQ that I always get lost midway paragraph. Thanks to also being diagnosed for dyslexia at a young age, I have a hard time with spelling and letters in general as well. If it wasn’t for text-to-speech and autocorrect, I’d have been doomed a long time ago. My vocabulary is also as deep as a puddle.

I don’t know if it’s kinda late or not, but is there a good source to properly study English or is it just something that native speakers are capable of doing? How the fuck am I supposed to study this shit now that the deed is done and the language has fully constructed a form in my head of which I can’t reshape? :fuk:

Your language skills are fine. I've seen way way worse.

Your language skills are fine.
It’s really faulty here and there but for the most part, it’s acceptable I guess. Again, what irritates me the most is that despite having a deep understanding of it, I never really grasped on some of the fundamentals (e.g. why there are so many different types of verbs). I know how to use them, but I don’t know why the exist jfl.

You at least type far better than many speakers in the US who have been through school

I never really grasped on some of the fundamentals (e.g. why there are so many different types of verbs). I know how to use them, but I don’t know why the exist jfl.
you dont need them , coz u not a teacher

Who cares. Only foids are scared of making grammar mistakes.