Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Misphonia

Futurecel2.0

Futurecel2.0

Braindead
-
Any of you guys have misphonia? I have to wear earbuds in public or I'll lose my mind. In my house as well because I can hear my sister laugh and it pisses me off, the sound of my dad popping popcorn, my mom's coughing, my dog walking across hard wear floor, someone eating cereal, eating in general, the sound of someone swallowing. I don't know how people get off to ASMR noises that shit sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.

damn that sounds rough.

damn that sounds rough.
Yeah shit sucks. Especially when I was in uni. I'm glad my workplace is relatively quiet and I can wear headphones if I want.

Hearing people chewing makes me want to punch them in the face

When people slurp really loudly.

I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand silence. I can't remember when I slept the last time without some music or videos.

I hate loud noises tbh. When I was a kid I would scream in terror when I heard something loud. JFL.

a u t i s m

I can't stand to hear people eat. I used to knock food out of my mom's hand if she was being obnoxious by eating in the same room I was in.

I looked up the connection between misophonia and autism. There isn't one that's been found. @Insomniac

fortunately not, I'm too retard to pay attention to every tiny sound

try st john's wort

Yes mine is pretty bad. The sound of laughter or a family member singing fills me with rage. At least soon one day I won't have to put up with it, and I can relax. It causes strain on me and gives me a migraine. It's a genetic thing for me so at least I am not the only one that gets annoyed by certain noises in my family.