Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Math thread problem (official)

Animated GIF

What are the possible determinants of an n by n binary matrix if each row and each column contains exactly two 1s?
Determinants of binary matrices in general are quite mysterious. Do you know the answer yourself or are you just asking?

Determinants of binary matrices in general are quite mysterious. Do you know the answer yourself or are you just asking?
I did determine a characterization a week ago, but I was hoping one of you had a nicer one.

Go to the numbers on your keyboard. The first one plus itself is the next one, with the next one you skip one, with the one after that you skip two, with the one after that you skip three, the one after that you first pick the first one and skip four, the one after that you pick the first one and skip five, next one you skip six, after that seven and lastly eight :bigbrain:

what the fuck is x^6y^6 * x^11y^10
x^17 * y^16. It cannot be simplified further
Incorrect. You simplified (x^6)*(y^6)*(x^11)*(y^10) which is simply simplified by adding exponents.

the question is asking "x to the power of 6y to the power of 6" (on the left side) multiplied by "x to the power of 11y to the power of 10" (on the right side)

the question is asking "x to the power of 6y to the power of 6" (on the left side) multiplied by "x to the power of 11y to the power of 10" (on the right side)
In that case writing x^((6y)^6) * x^((10y)^10) would've been more appropriate. Or do you mean (x^(6y))^6 * (x^(11y))^10.

only memers in here as of late :feelsbadman:

What level of study do you have? I study basic math and I have problems solving plane geometry questions, is it over for me?

Is T* the conjugate transpose? If so, this is quite trivial, no?
The questions that seem most trivial are the most enigmatic. I don't believe that any answers in this textbook could just be a few lines.

The questions that seem most trivial are the most enigmatic. I don't believe that any answers in this textbook could just be a few lines.
assuming T* is indeed the conjugate transpose, the property (AB)* = B*A* immediately yields that p(T*)* = p(T) for any polynomial p, wherefrom the desideratum readily follows because the zero matrix is its own transpose