Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Making a videogame + coming up with ideas for it

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
You heard that right. An incel is making a medieval fantasy RPG (so fucking original) and i have literally ZERO experience at this sort of thing. Not only that, but i am a one man team (be sure to let me know if you'd like to help me with ideas or actually making the game). So far i've come up with ideas for the combat, class system, economy, world lore, abilities, races and so on. All seem very familiar yet new all at the same time. And for those wondering, yes, you can go ER in this game.

Also here's an idea i thought about putting in the game. If you play as a female character then the game's difficulty will (secretly in the game's code) be set to the easiest mode possible. Not only that, but many men in the game will be willing to fight over you and protect you. It will be a funny little wink wink to the dark reality of clown world.
Another idea i had. We will allow you to customize your character's face and body, including sex appeal (idea kindly stolen from Saint's Row). And with the customizer, i will make the most Chad character i can, and set it in the game's rules so that when you make your character, the farther you stray away from the "chad" preset (strong chin and jaw, good hairline, hunter eyes, strong body, tall and large dick etc...) the more likely your character will be mocked and harassed by the NPCs. Including making it harder to find women willing to fuck you, much less talk to you :feelshaha:

So let me know what you think

I think you gonna have a bad fucking time bro.

I used to be like you, I wanted to make a game and shit but its too much work if you actually get into it. But ok I will leave you some tips from when I tried it.

- Use RPGMaker its very easy to make a game in that shit but its gonna be 2D. Buy that shit its cheap as fuck some older versions and easy to use.

- If you have big iq then download Unity/Unreal but dont recommend because you will need shittons of work if u wanna make it 3d.

- If u want to take it to the next level save like 1,000 then pay artists to make u good 2D art and u can make a very good game with a lot of good pixel art just make sure u hire some curry from third world country so it cheap as fuck to draw all this art.

I think you gonna have a bad fucking time bro.

I used to be like you, I wanted to make a game and shit but its too much work if you actually get into it. But ok I will leave you some tips from when I tried it.

- Use RPGMaker its very easy to make a game in that shit but its gonna be 2D. Buy that shit its cheap as fuck some older versions and easy to use.

- If you have big iq then download Unity/Unreal but dont recommend because you will need shittons of work if u wanna make it 3d.

- If u want to take it to the next level save like 1,000 then pay artists to make u good 2D art and u can make a very good game with a lot of good pixel art just make sure u hire some curry from third world country so it cheap as fuck to draw all this art.
I've previously thought about making a 2d based game with my ideas first, doing the payed pixelart thing and then dropping it on Steam. Once enough people buy it, like it and get into the lore and game, i could put up a gofundme like thing for helping me make a 3d sequel to the game.
Sounds like a good idea, but will require a lot of time and money.
Plus the pixelart thing i may be able to do partially on my own, as i am fairly good at things like Paint.net and making interesting designs.

I've previously thought about making a 2d based game with my ideas first, doing the payed pixelart thing and then dropping it on Steam. Once enough people buy it, like it and get into the lore and game, i could put up a gofundme like thing for helping me make a 3d sequel to the game.
Sounds like a good idea, but will require a lot of time and money.
Plus the pixelart thing i may be able to do partially on my own, as i am fairly good at things like Paint.net and making interesting designs.

Making a 2d game is 10000000000000x simpler and actually doable for a single person as opposed to a 3d game unless you wanna make a real shit 3d game or a walking simulator.

Making a 2d game is 10000000000000x simpler and actually doable for a single person as opposed to a 3d game unless you wanna make a real shit 3d game or a walking simulator.
Walking simulator is very obviously not what i have in mind. Although even considering the simplicity of working on a 2d game, the amount of depth i'm going for will still take a long time.

Unreal Engine is kinda easy to work with if you have no previous experience thanks to the blueprint system, but good luck with creating content for it alone.

Walking simulator is very obviously not what i have in mind. Although even considering the simplicity of working on a 2d game, the amount of depth i'm going for will still take a long time.

If you have enough dedication then you can do it I never could do it because after few weeks I would get bored and just stop it but you will really need to put a lot of effort into it like maybe even a year or longer to make something.

If you have enough dedication then you can do it I never could do it because after few weeks I would get bored and just stop it but you will really need to put a lot of effort into it like maybe even a year or longer to make something.
I'm a NEET with no friends. I've got all the time. Might as well put it to good use and potentially even make money off of it.

That looks hard as fuck, i hope you can keep your motivation up.

With some entry level gaming design there are two engines to work in for creating original work.

Source SDK, Hammer Editor for CS-GO, Half Life or Garry's Mod level mods (multiple how-to's on YouTube with Source Engine Mod guides)

Unreal 4 Engine, similar to Source, but doesn't have the spoon-fed modding community or YouTube guides of Source- but growing userbase which includes Role Playing Games.

These are the only 2 open resource mod communities for first person games.

For Elder Scrolls you'll need the "gamebryo" engine and a quick search says there are some guides on modding.

In terms of 2D games listen to a man whose game design for a mere 2D platformer almost took up his whole life when he underestimated the task at hand.

Have only some ideas for strategy games

Make an RC game.
There are very few.
Many Incels are ultimately fanboys of RPGs, so i guess there are not many out there who enjoy racing like i do.

Newsflash: RPGs become boring after a period of time.
Racing does not.

I am proficient in several programming languages and 3D modeling,if you make something cool I might join.

Blackops2cel is the final boss

I wish i was an npc

I used to try making 2Dgames on Gamer Maker. I struggled, even with crappy exe games.

I should continue making my incel game
I'm just afraid I'll get banned for it

Getting it is annoying as fuck though
i knew all sellers in my city tbh, also my cousin sells drugs and he has a lot money coz of that since 5 years.