Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Lookism only because of Tinder & Co?

mänline

mänline

Half man, full child (of God)
★★
Don't know how i came to this article, but I am working my tabs off and this was opened and I read it. Many BS, but what do you think?Some truth in it, that lookism only started real trough "photo"-selecting online dating? (which may be a explanation for guys with looksmatched or higher psl girls than themselves, because they met offline).
There is also a PUA guy as proof for their thesis in the article.

Last edited:
Don't know how i came to this article, but I am working my tabs off and this was opened and I read it. Many BS, but what do you think?Some truth in it, that lookism only started real trough "photo"-selecting online dating? (which may be a explanation for guys with looksmatched or higher psl than themselves, because they met offline).
There is also a PUA guy as proof for their thesis in the article.

Maybe for face but not height

They put 0.1% of the hottest men as the beauty ideal in media, so that the standards of females get higher.

Atomic+Black+Pill+Image.jpg

They assume that an experiment like this is an accurate reflection of reality. But someone who molests children (as this fake male model claims to have done in his bio) would likely have an incredibly creepy demeanour in the real world.

A child molester would probably have strange mannerisms and off-putting body language. Because surprisingly enough, child molesters don’t tend to be particularly normal people.
women would still fuck him if he looked like on that chadfishing photo

This article, although it is better than many others I have read, is the same bullshit as most articles claiming to “debunk” or “disprove” the blackpill or looks theory/smv theory or whatever you want to call it. The author makes a bunch of claims as if they are true with zero evidence to back it up.

5EE70E1A E846 49B4 BA98 DE15E6D3DD08

The author says this as if its a fact like the speed of light or the size of the moon. But they don't say why its true, they just say its true.

Lookism has been around forever, its a human trait. They wrote about it before jesus was born and lookism hasn't stopped or changed since then. Media like tv and magazines, mirrors, social media, are not the cause of lookism, they just exacerbate the already present problem.

The author repeatedly claims that behavior and personality is more significant than looks for men but there are decades worth of scientific literature that disprove everything claimed in the article.

women would still fuck him if he looked like on that chadfishing p
Speculation.
First: The logic seems to be come from IT, who think in simplistic terms like misogynistic incel vibes is the cause for our inceldom. Oftentimes "body language" is mostly looks.

But: Is there video material out there, where Chad acts really creepy before women and doesn't succeed because of this?

I would also include social media as a cause to the rise of lookism. Foids dont want to be seen with an ugly male for anything other than virtue signalling. A foid's instagram/snapchat may as well be a vital organ of hers as she checks it constantly for validation.

No man lookism has been ingrained in your brains after years of evolution.

Lookism has been part of human existence since the beginning of time. If you thought this was a recent occurrence, you are sorely mistaken.

I would agree up to a certain point with the article, dating online is limited to 1 sense out of 5. (Visual) Plus, male to female ratio is not at all 50-50. Looks have to compensate in return.

But on the other hand, I find it ridiculous that people think that media dictates what people want. Media provides people what they really want, what they would pay for. Even if they cant voice those wants in reality.

It is not the manufacturer who sets the price, it is the consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back