Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Looking for a new class

Which class?

• The Bard

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The Soldier

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
tulasdanslos

tulasdanslos

East though, they heading to the East
★★★
I've been a very bad player and a sore loser for around 25 years in a row, so I decided to go to the guild in order to git gud. There was a problem though, I was enticed by two job descriptions and I can't decide.

The Bard:
Looks like a very fulfilling class, support and basically doing none of the heavy lifting in raids. But I couldn't help but notice how my current build lacks certain stats:
  • I fucking hate music. I heard music is math-heavy which is impacted by my lack of INT stat.
  • I fucking hate painting. I am absolute garbo at it.
  • I fucking hate coding. I dabbled in it looking for job security and instead I dropped out of it without any certificate of any kind because it was soul-crushing. So that obliterates any chance at gamedev or security.
  • I have no previous experience writing and I fear the results would be cringe inducing.
The rationale behind ever considering that class change was:
  • I've got some decent ideas, nothing groundbreaking but better than 90% of what I see out there. Although 90% of everything is crud so maybe my ideas aren't as decent as I think.
  • I look up to certain figures who went that way and made it, such as Akira Toriyama, Yoshio Sawai, James Cameron, John Lasseter.
The Soldier:
This is a tricky one. I'll proceed to list my (lack of) aptitudes in this one as analytically as possible.
  • Strength: Throwing a heavy ass ball a certain distance: 2.5
  • Flexibility: Trying to reach out to my toes with my hands: 4
  • Speed: Doing a certain amount of reps of an exercise in a minute: between 2 and 3 I don't remember the score
  • Endurance: Running up and down a courtyard while a recording of some beeps play indicating the pace you should keep: 3.5
I've considered this path because:
  • I have accrued no skill in any other career so I have to fall back on my labor if there's no other choice.
That's it, that's literally it.

Anyhow, fellow adventurers, I eagerly await your thoughts on this matter, if only so I can discard them completely. I jest, of course, but the decision ultimately comes down to me only.

It's never too late to change your path if you don't like it
Maxresdefault

With how creatively and flavorfully you wrote your post, I'd say you being a bard might not be such an ill fit.

It's never too late to change your path if you don't like it
This ^^^ OP, except for the sui part. We all need satisfaction from our lives and we shouldn't be ashamed of trying to pursue it.

The third category: the NEET :feelscomfy:

I've been a very bad player and a sore loser for around 25 years in a row, so I decided to go to the guild in order to git gud. There was a problem though, I was enticed by two job descriptions and I can't decide.

The Bard:
Looks like a very fulfilling class, support and basically doing none of the heavy lifting in raids. But I couldn't help but notice how my current build lacks certain stats:
  • I fucking hate music. I heard music is math-heavy which is impacted by my lack of INT stat.
  • I fucking hate painting. I am absolute garbo at it.
  • I fucking hate coding. I dabbled in it looking for job security and instead I dropped out of it without any certificate of any kind because it was soul-crushing. So that obliterates any chance at gamedev or security.
  • I have no previous experience writing and I fear the results would be cringe inducing.
The rationale behind ever considering that class change was:
  • I've got some decent ideas, nothing groundbreaking but better than 90% of what I see out there. Although 90% of everything is crud so maybe my ideas aren't as decent as I think.
  • I look up to certain figures who went that way and made it, such as Akira Toriyama, Yoshio Sawai, James Cameron, John Lasseter.
The Soldier:
This is a tricky one. I'll proceed to list my (lack of) aptitudes in this one as analytically as possible.
  • Strength: Throwing a heavy ass ball a certain distance: 2.5
  • Flexibility: Trying to reach out to my toes with my hands: 4
  • Speed: Doing a certain amount of reps of an exercise in a minute: between 2 and 3 I don't remember the score
  • Endurance: Running up and down a courtyard while a recording of some beeps play indicating the pace you should keep: 3.5
I've considered this path because:
  • I have accrued no skill in any other career so I have to fall back on my labor if there's no other choice.
That's it, that's literally it.

Anyhow, fellow adventurers, I eagerly await your thoughts on this matter, if only so I can discard them completely. I jest, of course, but the decision ultimately comes down to me only.
What game?

the virgin bard vs the chad soldier