Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory “Learn to be happy with yourself” is stupid and dangerous advice.

Iamnothere000

Iamnothere000

Veteran
★★★★
If a semi-serious discussion occurs, Incels are often advised by normies to stop putting value on virginity/sex/love/intimacy.

Quotes such as…

“You are not less worthy despite being a 30 year old virgin.”
“Learn to be happy with yourself.”
“Stop caring about what others may think about you for being virgin/short/ugly/autistic.”
“If you depend on other people for validation you will be unhappy, learn to love yourself instead.”

…are often repeated in such cases.

I think such advice is not only stupid and disingenuous but also rather dangerous.

They are stupid because they eschew the fact that humans are extremely social creatures. Society only works if we attune to a common set of values and thrive to fulfill those values. Humans evolved this way (it’s a huge advantage) and therefore social expectations and peer pressure are extremely strong forces in our psyche. Telling us to just bock them out is unreasonable. Humans want to fit in with the rest of society and the quotes above are contrary to that.

They are dangerous because telling people to dissociate yourself from social expectations would lead to chaos if applied to enough people. What would the world look like if no one gave a fuck about what other people think of them? Imagine, for example, a serial-child rapist/murderer who so sees no wrong in his actions. He is exactly what normies advice: He is content with himself, loves himself, does not care what others might think of him and is independent from the validation of others.

They are disingenuous because normies know all this (on some level). They only give those advice to people who they have already abandoned. It’s not meant to help you, it’s a form of damage control. Better to gaslight you into believing you don’t need others than to burden those others with your disgusting presence.

This is one of the most high IQ posts I've seen in a while. Everything that you just said is 10000% correct. The reason why it's not okay to be alone is that we literally wouldn't exist if we were content with being alone.
We compare ourselves to others, because we are social beings and under a natural hierarchy.
Telling us to "be happy being alone" is like putting a lion into a cage in a zoo and tell it to "be happy that it's caged". It is literally the exact same thing, but I guess it's okay when it's said to human?

If you're hobo, you're not in any way inferior. Learn to be happy in a fucking refrigerator box. Find a hobby! I play guitar. Did you know you can earn living by playing guitar? At first they throw you coins, but then you can start a band! Who knows, may be you're the next metallica?

You want me to buy you food? No way dude, gtfo!!!

High IQ and IT will die before touching this. i hope you die IT

Based and High IQ thread.

This is one of the most high IQ posts I've seen in a while. Everything that you just said is 10000% correct. The reason why it's not okay to be alone is that we literally wouldn't exist if we were content with being alone.
We compare ourselves to others, because we are social beings and under a natural hierarchy.
Telling us to "be happy being alone" is like putting a lion into a cage in a zoo and tell it to "be happy that it's caged". It is literally the exact same thing, but I guess it's okay when it's said to human?

High IQ and IT will die before touching this. i hope you die IT

Based and High IQ thread.

Thanks bros :bigbrain:

True, must of us have a "fuck society" mentality but we also have enough common sense to not spread it irl because we know it would be bad even for us.

So let them lead us by their example so they should leave their partners, because its important to learn how to be happy by yourself, isn't it?

So let them lead us by their example so they should leave their partners, because its important to learn how to be happy by yourself, isn't it?
They should stay happy after I rape/kill/burn all they hold dear. (in real life) :feelsdevil:

They should stay happy after I rape/kill/burn all they hold dear. (in real life) :feelsdevil:
Yeah, after the initial shock they should recover. But we know that normies are functioning in groups.

It worked for me for a long time

[UWSL]Great high IQ post :blackpill: [/UWSL]

IQ mogs me to oblivion

They are dangerous because telling people to dissociate yourself from social expectations would lead to chaos if applied to enough people. What would the world look like if no one gave a fuck about what other people think of them? Imagine, for example, a serial-child rapist/murderer who so sees no wrong in his actions. He is exactly what normies advice: He is content with himself, loves himself, does not care what others might think of him and is independent from the validation of others.
I really dont care about this. It's not my problem
They are stupid because they eschew the fact that humans are extremely social creatures. Society only works if we attune to a common set of values and thrive to fulfill those values. Humans evolved this way (it’s a huge advantage) and therefore social expectations and peer pressure are extremely strong forces in our psyche. Telling us to just bock them out is unreasonable. Humans want to fit in with the rest of society and the quotes above are contrary to that.
You eschew the fact that we have free will and that human behavior is malleable

If a semi-serious discussion occurs, Incels are often advised by normies to stop putting value on virginity/sex/love/intimacy.

Quotes such as…

“You are not less worthy despite being a 30 year old virgin.”
“Learn to be happy with yourself.”
“Stop caring about what others may think about you for being virgin/short/ugly/autistic.”
“If you depend on other people for validation you will be unhappy, learn to love yourself instead.”

…are often repeated in such cases.

I think such advice is not only stupid and disingenuous but also rather dangerous.

They are disingenuous because normies know all this (on some level). They only give those advice to people who they have already abandoned. It’s not meant to help you, it’s a form of damage control. Better to gaslight you into believing you don’t need others than to burden those others with your disgusting presence.

Yep, this advice also only works on toilets because toilets intrinsically cannot find happiness externally, but men are designed to be emotionally dependent on groups and to enjoy talking to others to be happy. Toilets are designed to be alone and by themselves to be happy.

A man is most happy when he's out with friends and talking to them, a toilet is most happy when she's home alone watching TV.

Meanwhile everyone always wants to be with toilets all the time and unless you're already a man people want to be around you're going to get shunned from every group, even if they pretend to want you in it and act nice towards you, deep down you know that they don't want you there interacting with them.

Society is fucked up. :society::blackpill::society::blackpill::society::blackpill:

Better to gaslight you into believing you don’t need others than to burden those others with your disgusting presence.
Is sociopathy just an effect from "gaslighting"?