Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Land will be the most valuable investment you can make. Even if other vehicles offer greater returns

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
AI will eventually render money nearly worthless given enough time. All resources will be plentiful. But land is something you cannot create. you cannot make more of. The value of highly desired land will skyrocket eventually and the poorfags who didn't inherit any, will be utterly fucked. Forced to live in undesirable locations

I am gonna aim to buy some high quality farm land at some point within the next 10-15 years.

The easy way is buying shares of quality timberland stocks like Weyerhaeuser, West Fraser and Rayonier.

It's already too expensive.

It's already too expensive.
yeah all the land in cities and beautiful places is already too expensive. But in the future it will straight up skyrocket even further

It’s about market timing. Real Estate crash is long overdo.

It’s about market timing. Real Estate crash is long overdo.
I don't know if we will ever see a real estate crash in this life time at this point. especially in the desirable areas like cities and beautiful suburbs.

I actually bought land, a vacant lot right outside the city. I was planning to build a house and a big garden on the rich soil. Until I discovered that the entire house that once stood on it had been buried in it. Since it was built before 1970 lead contamination is a certainty. Also I learned from a neighbor that the boomer kikes who sold it to me at a bit below market rate bought it from the county for a pittance just 5 years ago.

As for buying farmland, I also looked into that, and everywhere outside of remote arid shitholes it is outrageously overvalued. Especially anywhere within an hour drive of a city. In very rural areas it's more reasonable but there are only like 500 acre parcels for sale. On average it takes something like 50 years of leasing out farmland to pay back the cost of buying it. Although inflation somewhat helps. That's why the only ones who can afford to buy farmland are billionaires and investors looking for a place to park their capital as a hedge against inflation. But it's in a huge bubble that cannot last seeing how financially assfucked the average farmer is.

Then the elephant in the room is the number of boomer homeowners. Once all those old fucks retire, as they are just starting to en masse, and an economic crisis likely guts their 401k and other income streams, they will no longer be able to afford living in a mansion alone while having a payment on their heavy duty truck, RV and boat all while their kids live 1,000 miles away and can barely pay rent. Either they will be forced to sell their mansions and move in with their kids or vice versa. Either way the supply shortage will quickly turn into a flood of supply as people are forced to stop being financially retarded. Might not happen soon but it will at some point, it's inevitable.

I actually bought land, a vacant lot right outside the city. I was planning to build a house and a big garden on the rich soil. Until I discovered that the entire house that once stood on it had been buried in it. Since it was built before 1970 lead contamination is a certainty. Also I learned from a neighbor that the boomer kikes who sold it to me at a bit below market rate bought it from the county for a pittance just 5 years ago.

As for buying farmland, I also looked into that, and everywhere outside of remote arid shitholes it is outrageously overvalued. Especially anywhere within an hour drive of a city. In very rural areas it's more reasonable but there are only like 500 acre parcels for sale. On average it takes something like 50 years of leasing out farmland to pay back the cost of buying it. Although inflation somewhat helps. That's why the only ones who can afford to buy farmland are billionaires and investors looking for a place to park their capital as a hedge against inflation. But it's in a huge bubble that cannot last seeing how financially assfucked the average farmer is.

Then the elephant in the room is the number of boomer homeowners. Once all those old fucks retire, as they are just starting to en masse, and an economic crisis likely guts their 401k and other income streams, they will no longer be able to afford living in a mansion alone while having a payment on their heavy duty truck, RV and boat all while their kids live 1,000 miles away and can barely pay rent. Either they will be forced to sell their mansions and move in with their kids or vice versa. Either way the supply shortage will quickly turn into a flood of supply as people are forced to stop being financially retarded. Might not happen soon but it will at some point, it's inevitable.
I hope your correct and we see housing prices collapse. If that does ever happen. I will try to collect as many houses as possible. AI won't be able to make housing cheap for at least 20-30 years I am guessing.
I am not sure about buying land but the housing market is fucked in America. Unless you want to live in the middle of nowhere and drive two hours for groceries you will have to sign up for a $500,000 mortgage for a small townhouse. Most single men will have to pay rent for the rest of their lives or share an apartment with a roommate that splits bill because they can't afford the mortgages with high interest rates.
ysah I live in NYC and there are tons of studio sized apartments that go into the millions. It's absurd but when you consider the circumstances the pricing makes sense.

Government still owns the land though. You just have more permission to do stuff on it when you "own it"

Government still owns the land though. You just have more permission to do stuff on it when you "own it"
Governments worship the wealthy and serve them. So they'll respect property rights at least in the short to medium term.

I don't know if we will ever see a real estate crash in this life time at this point. especially in the desirable areas like cities and beautiful suburbs.
Smart NYC people move far upstate to places like Binghamton or Syracuse where a house is under 125K and plenty of jobs.