Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting "Just go outside and do things bro!"

• Thread starter Despondent Dreamer
  • Start date
Despondent Dreamer

Despondent Dreamer

Self-banned
-
Except that there is essentially nothing for me to do, and what little there is to do isn't particularly enjoyable alone.

During the past year and a half or so I would try to make myself go places, or at least make myself do something other than rot on my computer when I wasn't slaving. I mean what exactly am I supposed to do? Go to a restaurant and pay an exorbitant amount just to eat alone? Go to a cinema alone just to watch a movie when I could've done the same thing at home on my computer? Drive to a city alone just to realize that I could've looked at pictures of it online and had more or less the same experience, because traveling to different places alone isn't really more enjoyable than looking at pictures of the same places? I have no idea what well-adjusted people actually do tbh, and there is very little to do in the rural USA anyway.

Usually what these efforts would result in was me going to various different parks and such, being entirely cognizant of the fact that literally almost everyone else there were either couples or alternatively families with children. I would often walk around for a few hours, take a few pictures, and then feel worse than I would've felt if I hadn't gone at all. Another thing that I would commonly do was drive aimlessly around the countryside, spending all day traveling though random villages, while looking at the buildings and people. However the all too common sight of couples, groups of teenagers hanging out together, children getting out of school, all of it made me feel like some unknown creature studying a different species. Ultimately just about everything I could do outside is poisoned by the sight of people reminding me of the life which I'll never get to live.

Not only is all of this incredibly lonely, but it results in me feeling like there is something fundamentally wrong with me, which I suppose isn't inaccurate to suggest.

Except that there is essentially nothing for me to do, and what little there is to do isn't particularly enjoyable alone.

During the past year and a half or so I would try to make myself go places, or at least make myself do something other than rot on my computer when I wasn't slaving. I mean what exactly am I supposed to do? Go to a restaurant and pay an exorbitant amount just to eat alone? Go to a cinema alone just to watch a movie when I could've done the same thing at home on my computer? Drive to a city alone just to realize that I could've looked at pictures of it online and had more or less the same experience, because traveling to different places alone isn't really more enjoyable than looking at pictures of the same places? I have no idea what well-adjusted people actually do tbh, and there is very little to do in the rural USA anyway.

Usually what these efforts would result in was me going to various different parks and such, being entirely cognizant of the fact that literally almost everyone else there were either couples or alternatively families with children. I would often walk around for a few hours, take a few pictures, and then feel worse than I would've felt if I hadn't gone at all. Another thing that I would commonly do was drive aimlessly around the countryside, spending all day traveling though random villages, while looking at the buildings and people. However the all too common sight of couples, groups of teenagers hanging out together, children getting out of school, all of it made me feel like some unknown creature studying a different species. Ultimately just about everything I could do outside is poisoned by the sight of people reminding me of the life which I'll never get to live.

Not only is all of this incredibly lonely, but it results in me feeling like there is something fundamentally wrong with me, which I suppose isn't inaccurate to suggest.
Work, consoom and die, goyim

I know that feel. There isnt a single venue in life worth exploring if youre doing it alone or without support tbh, humans are inherently social. its like being a background extra, youre trapped in your own head basically, a mere spectator to the lives of the main characters
shit is so brutal mayne

It’s a rich get richer situation, either be born with it or learn it at a young age or else fuck you

It is the classic bluepill advice of If you just wait, she will come to you!

It can work for a Chad or Foids, but a death sentence advice for a subhuman

mogs me, I can't go outside like you :feelsrope:

mogs me, I can't go outside like you :feelsrope:
I used to be what was essentially a western hikikomori for many years, mostly around a decade really.

Tfw you put in effort to be comfortable being outside, to hold a job, to try to meet women, only to feel like you might as well have done nothing at all. And now I'm back to rotting again.

Going outside is only good for going into a forest or park and enjoying nature. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing to do for an incel

It's not like we can go outside now. Besides, even back when I could, whenever I tried to stir up a conversation with a woman she'd look at me weird and give me dry responses. With men it was mostly different. While yes, some were bothered by me talking to them, the majority was pretty friendly. A few even introduced me to women who they thought had similar interests to me. It never worked, but I'm grateful that they tried.

I've got nothing against making friends. Never had any problems with friendship, it's just that I expected that at this point I would've found a girlfriend, being as sociable as I am. But the truth is: it doesn't matter, if you don't look that part you won't get the role.

Been there, done that. It's useless.
When normies say "just go out and do something" they forget that all those things they're suggesting are things that you don't do because they're enjoyable things, but you do them to be SOCIAL, to MEET UP WITH FRIENDS.
These activities are completely USELESS when you do them ALONE.

I know that feel. There isnt a single venue in life worth exploring if youre doing it alone or without support tbh, humans are inherently social. its like being a background extra, youre trapped in your own head basically, a mere spectator to the lives of the main characters
shit is so brutal mayne

I used to be what was essentially a western hikikomori for many years, mostly around a decade really.

Tfw you put in effort to be comfortable being outside, to hold a job, to try to meet women, only to feel like you might as well have done nothing at all. And now I'm back to rotting again.
I feel you bro but you still mogs me, I'm sorry :feelsbadman:
do you also have social anxiety?
I have bad looks

You Go Outside to get purposeful Things done ( get food , do Sport ( kek ) )

What They mean with going Outside , is meating Up with Others and have fun that way

Going Outside for the Sake of it Is retarded , Just Open your one or 2 Windows If you Need that Air / itch

Last edited:
You Go Outside to get purposeful Things done ( get food , do Sport ( kek ) )

What They mean with going Outside , is meating Up with Others and have fun that way

Going Outside for the Sake of it Is retarded , Just Open your one or 2 Windows If you Need that Air / itch
@PPEcel @Mainländer @Selbsthass @ItsOver4cel @Ritalincel @BlkPillPres @Izayacel @CWCville gentrifier @incelerated @THE TRUE HONKLER @Black Soul @nice_try @Glast (diluc is based lol ngl )

This isn't even case of giving advice that works for them, but not for people like you or me. This is them giving advice of which redundancy they aren't even aware of. Socialization begins at a young age and has a snowball effect which means that the more people you meet, the more you have a chance to potentially meet. Starting by friendship made at elementary school age, then going into teens where intersex socialization becomes normal and then college years when freedom of being an adult and will to explore causes various social groups to intermingle. By not having friends you are cut off from the pipeline that allows you to connect to the society. All activities that don't cater to the basic needs are supposed to be enjoyed socially with friends.

Now the reason why "going out" is a fundamentally shit advice is because no suggestion is given as to where the individual is supposed to make friendships. This doesn't even concern incels in particular, but pretty much any person that is removed from their social circle and put in a completely alien environment. Unless you're an exceptionally extrovert type of personality you will not have an easy time getting to know people. This weird conviction that people can make friends, especially in adult age, is baffling to me and feels like a result of fictional scenarios served in the movies and books. The reason why socialization at the young age is so important and relatively easy is because at this point in life you don't have lifetime friends and your circle is still small. Adult people in their mid-20s have already well established network and they do not require any new acquaintances. Sure you can make friends at work, friends with your neighbors, or friends at your local gun club/book club/whatever, but the probability of them becoming your good friends that you will want to hang out with is laughably small.

More so, this type of advice infuriates me, because it's a subtle way of claiming credit for already made friendships. It sets the narrative that you simply don't put enough effort, that you have to work on yourself and that your miserable situation in which you are confined to your own home is a result of your own actions, whereas majority of friendships depend on the environment (and in part on looks, but that's obvious). You can be the most likeable kid, but if you grow up with abusive parents and go to a school where you are constantly bullied you will not have the same ability of making friendships as your peer with boring personality that grows up in a normal home and has peace in school. Truth is that a lot of normies could end up in the same situation and a lot of them do when they move places. Suddenly their network of friends is removed and they also end up in forced solitary state.

Can you meet friends at adult age? Yes you can, but it's much harder than when you were a teenager and it's even harder to solidify these friendships. The only reliable way of bonding that comes to my mind is through army where you are forced to co-exist with another people and take care of each other.

Normies consider us to be terrorist, I hate normans.

Very relatable and hit the nail on the head tbh. I hate each and every time my parents say this shit as if it was of any help, and they'll try to shoehorn "muh health" talk into it.
What is there to even do outside as a friendless male? Everything just seems so pointless when you're in public without companionship. At best you go to the store, buy some groceries or stuff you like then fuck off.
I also don't get why normies and boomers go full soy tard when it comes to traveling, it's just a huge waste of money and you won't virtually gain anything from it, especially if you're alone.

Last edited:
This isn't even case of giving advice that works for them, but not for people like you or me. This is them giving advice of which redundancy they aren't even aware of. Socialization begins at a young age and has a snowball effect which means that the more people you meet, the more you have a chance to potentially meet. Starting by friendship made at elementary school age, then going into teens where intersex socialization becomes normal and then college years when freedom of being an adult and will to explore causes various social groups to intermingle. By not having friends you are cut off from the pipeline that allows you to connect to the society. All activities that don't cater to the basic needs are supposed to be enjoyed socially with friends.

Now the reason why "going out" is a fundamentally shit advice is because no suggestion is given as to where the individual is supposed to make friendships. This doesn't even concern incels in particular, but pretty much any person that is removed from their social circle and put in a completely alien environment. Unless you're an exceptionally extrovert type of personality you will not have an easy time getting to know people. This weird conviction that people can make friends, especially in adult age, is baffling to me and feels like a result of fictional scenarios served in the movies and books. The reason why socialization at the young age is so important and relatively easy is because at this point in life you don't have lifetime friends and your circle is still small. Adult people in their mid-20s have already well established network and they do not require any new acquaintances. Sure you can make friends at work, friends with your neighbors, or friends at your local gun club/book club/whatever, but the probability of them becoming your good friends that you will want to hang out with is laughably small.

More so, this type of advice infuriates me, because it's a subtle way of claiming credit for already made friendships. It sets the narrative that you simply don't put enough effort, that you have to work on yourself and that your miserable situation in which you are confined to your own home is a result of your own actions, whereas majority of friendships depend on the environment (and in part on looks, but that's obvious). You can be the most likeable kid, but if you grow up with abusive parents and go to a school where you are constantly bullied you will not have the same ability of making friendships as your peer with boring personality that grows up in a normal home and has peace in school. Truth is that a lot of normies could end up in the same situation and a lot of them do when they move places. Suddenly their network of friends is removed and they also end up in forced solitary state.

Can you meet friends at adult age? Yes you can, but it's much harder than when you were a teenager and it's even harder to solidify these friendships. The only reliable way of bonding that comes to my mind is through army where you are forced to co-exist with another people and take care of each other.
upvote

I've only managed to make friends with other incels (or men I presume to be incels, but I haven't asked them about their sex lives) tbh, normies can't really relate to me, and my looks certainly don't help me make even male friends. This at least gets me some irl socialization if I want that, but it's pretty infrequent since as you said it's near impossible to make close friends. The issue is that this doesn't work in terms of meeting women. If I can only interact with men in similar situations, socialcirclemaxxing is impossible.

And yeah I was basically bullied out of highschool jfl, so not really much I could've done differently there.

On another note idk why I even mention socialcirclemaxxing, because even if I could do that there is a 0% chance of women being attracted to me anyway.

@PPEcel @Mainländer @Selbsthass @ItsOver4cel @Ritalincel @BlkPillPres @Izayacel @CWCville gentrifier @incelerated @THE TRUE HONKLER @Black Soul @nice_try @Glast (diluc is based lol ngl )
Going outside is potent ropefuel. All I see is things I've missed and things I'll never have.

lol @ going outside as an ugly male. people will ignore/talk over you and subtly shame you for being outside near their vicinity and not knowing your place. just LDAR

Very relatable and hit the nail on the head tbh. I hate each and every time my parents say this shit as if it was of any help, and they'll try to shoehorn "muh health" talk into it.
What is there to even do outside as a friendless male? Everything just seems so pointless when you're in public without companionship. At best you go to the store, buy some groceries or stuff you like then fuck off.
I also don't get why normies and boomers go full soy tard when it comes to traveling, it's just a huge waste of money and you won't virtually gain anything from it, especially if you're alone.
Normies / They think its good for you going Outside kek

I mean you can Just Simulate the fucking Air at Home If you want the extra itch Use a fucking Ventilator / Fan.

Like i Said what They mean is meating Up with relatives / Friends . And If you Dont have those there is really No incentive . Maybe jokering around a Bit If you have Not much of an Ego left , Get food / fast food / Shit you want to buy But thats it.

i don't get travelling, too. I mean, I've travelled a little... it's fun to see some places you couldn't visit or look at the city, but most of it is kind of stupid. Museums? A bunch of old shit, squeaky floor and old women who get mad at you because you're the only idiot who went to that museum, so now they have to actually work for their money, lol. I'm not making this up, I've been in three or four museum and it was always the same: maybe 2-5 tourists, old women which think you're an asshole for coming there, loud kids (if the museum is more popular than others) and a bunch of old shit under glass. "This is the toilet Karl Marx used when he wrote his books"

parks are ok. I've been in one and it was nothing but dog shit everywhere, a few weird ducks and joggers.

I've done a bit of travelling and I just don't see what's the big deal. People treat it like a resume. "I'm well-travelled, I've been to this city, therefore I'm amazing, look at me"

Same bro. Glad to see a fellow claymore fan though

Yep it's a very lazy and not so well thought out advice.

I feel the same when i go out, watching families with kids and boomers walking around with their wives its making me out of place and weird.

I can't,i just cant.:cryfeels: