Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Hypocrisy JFL at Signal messaging app (hackercels GTFIH)

incelerated

incelerated

It was all about luck all along..
★★★★★
I made a joke thread a while ago asking people to encrypt a message for me and from there I fell into the internet vortex and ended up searching PGP-related stuff.
I was surprised to see quite a few results claiming that PGP is dead. The prime example of it is this top Google search result, basically when you ask if PGP is secure Google tells you it's dead:

Retards

I've never actually used PGP but this peaked my interest so I read a couple of these articles claiming the death of PGP.

Their point: PGP is hard to use, also there's been a vulnerability recently so people should stop using PGP. The vulnerability of course is an email client vulnerability and has nothing to do with PGP whatsoever.
And here's where it gets funny, their solution: Use fucking mobile apps!

Just fucking LOL. As far as I'm concerned every touch and every keypress on Android is sent directly to Google (same with iPhone and Apple). Now these retarded faggots are telling me that fucking PGP is not good enough but mobile apps are.

Ok, I thought, let me give Signal a try. A lot of important people in security praise Signal including Edward Snowden himself. And the articles that said PGP is dead also suggested it (along with WhatsApp and other things).
So I installed it the other day and guess what? It wants my fucking phone number!

So there I was holding what (according to PGP-denouncing retarded faggot web content creators) supposedly the most secure means of communication humanity can offer in my hand, and it's impossible to use it without giving away my phone number. Oh and they'll send an SMS to my phone number with the activation code, alerting every authority in the country that I am using Signal. A messaging app that (at least in my country) is very unknown and no one really uses it, making me perfect prey for further surveillance and metadata gathering.

Just fucking lol.

@mNFwTJ3wz9 Thoughts?

Last edited:
PGP is alive and based
Low IQ (((journalists))) can keep shitting out articles about fuckall, it doesn't matter
Oh and they'll send an SMS to my phone number with the activation code, alerting every authority in the country that I am using Signal. A messaging app that (at least in my country) is very unknown and no one really uses it, making me perfect prey for further surveillance and metadata gathering.
Signal is not going to do this, because the code that they run is open source
But the govt probably will because they probably have sms backdoors or something, idk
alerting every authority in the country that I am using Signal
Your ISP will do this for you, not signal themselves
most secure means of communication humanity can offer in my hand
There are others.

Last edited:
Signal is not going to do this, because the code that they run is open source
But the govt probably will because they probably have sms backdoors or something, idk
They do send you an SMS for verification. And your carrier(=gov) will know that you have got a message from Signal because their sender phone number is obvious. Not to mention that carrier has access to SMS contents as well. So by installing the app you are alerting your government that you are using Signal. Even if you always use VPN to hide the fact that you're using Signal the SMS will give you away.

Another thing I found unsettling is that even tho I had my VPN on the app detected my country in the signup screen. IP is the most straightforward way so they're actually going out of their way to find out where you're from (maybe from the sim card idk).

It also notifies your contacts that you have installed Signal, something you might not want everybody to know.
The worst of all is that it shows your number to whomever you are having a conversation with. The number is never sent to their servers, only a hash of it, but the person you are talking to will see your number.
Say I wanted to buy drugs from a dealer, I'd have to actually give them my number.
They could allow people to use IDs to connect to people there but no, it has to be their number. I'm not OK with that.

They do send you an SMS for verification. And your carrier(=gov) will know that you have got a message from Signal because their sender phone number is obvious.
yes
Another thing I found unsettling is that even tho I had my VPN on the app detected my country in the signup screen. IP is the most straightforward way so they're actually going out of their way to find out where you're from (maybe from the sim card idk).
time zone, device, metadata
The worst of all is that it shows your number to whomever you are having a conversation with. The number is never sent to their servers, only a hash of it, but the person you are talking to will see your number.
Say I wanted to buy drugs from a dealer, I'd have to actually give them my number.
They could allow people to use IDs to connect to people there but no, it has to be their number. I'm not OK with that.
Yeah, you will probably have to pay for a number I think

Privacy is dead