Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's not natural for people to want to kill themselves; the fact that we have a suicide epidemic means that our society is fundamentally broken

TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
The bottom line for every living organism is to survive long enough to have as many descendants in its lifetime. Our ancestors fought hard to maintain their survival, fighting for resources and fighting for self-preservation. Our bodies are designed and evolved to incentivize our survival against any new threat of deaththat comes against it. Our fight-or-flight response is designed to maintain our physical security when threaten with violence by another person or predator, and to fight back with aggression.

In our modern First World society, we no longer have to exert physical effort in order to obtain food, water, clothing, shelter, tools and physical security. We no longer have to live under the threat of predation, disease, starvation, dehydration, or changing climates.

Being that we are able to have all our physical necessities met, we should be more happier right?

Then why many people in our modern society want to kill themselves? Why is our society promoting suicidal behavior in the people who live in it despite this behavior not being natural to humans?

If a person was put in a life-or-death situation, naturally that person would do everything he can to maintain his own survival even if it deprives the survival of others and even if the act goes against that person's morals. If a person was starving and at the brink of death he will do everything he can to get food, even if it means having to kill your pet dog or eating another human's corpse. A group of starving people would fight and kill each other for food.

But someone who is not living in such perilous circumstances, what then is driving that person to want to kill himself? Doesn't that goes against your biological imperatives? Why eat food, drink water, have sex, earn money and fight back if you want to die anyways?

creatures suicide when they are cornered and partaken from freedom

this is what happens to us

creatures suicide when they are cornered and partaken from freedom

this is what happens to us
Not always, most of the time they will fight back when threatened.

A cat will run away from you if you chase it. But if you corner a cat and it has nowhere else to run it will fight back as much as it can even if you are bigger and stronger; the cat won't let itself become prey.

Likewise, if humans are put under too much pressure under coercion or abuse they will rebel against it.

Last edited:
The bottom line for every living organism is to survive long enough to have as many descendants in its lifetime. Our ancestors fought hard to maintain their survival, fighting for resources and fighting for self-preservation. Our bodies are designed and evolved to incentivize our survival against any new threat of deaththat comes against it. Our fight-or-flight response is designed to maintain our physical security when threaten with violence by another person or predator, and to fight back with aggression.
Good post, it means the blackness has come and cultural decay is peaking. This could take 100 years or 1000 years to complete its peak, hard to say.
In our modern First World society, we no longer have to exert physical effort in order to obtain food, water, clothing, shelter, tools and physical security. We no longer have to live under the threat of predation, disease, starvation, dehydration, or changing climates.
Changing climates is mostly a bullshit issue. But the rest of what you said, yes.
Being that we are able to have all our physical necessities met, we should be more happier right?
I am happy/content about that while I can be.
Then why many people in our modern society want to kill themselves? Why is our society promoting suicidal behavior in the people who live in it despite this behavior not being natural to humans?
There are many reasons for this. The big ones present themselves only once the economy starts to collapse. Then the behaviors get worse, worse behaviors = people notice and see no hope. It's already tough as an Incel, but being an Incel whose constantly gaurding his small can of pinto beans whilst shivering in the night waiting to be robbed, forget it. Suicide. But we are not quite there yet.
. If a person was starving and at the brink of death he will do everything he can to get food, even if it means having to kill your pet dog.
If I had lived no life, and was 18, yes maybe. At my current age, no way. I'd starve to death so that my canines could live.
or eating another human's corpse. A group of starving people would fight and kill each other for food.
I'd do this WAY before even thinking of killing my dogs to eat. Yeh that's right !
But someone who is not living in such perilous circumstances, what then is driving that person to want to kill himself? Doesn't that goes against your biological imperatives? Why eat food, drink water, have sex, earn money and fight back if you want to die anyways?
This would be the realisation that they have nothing to pass on into the distant future. Everyone needs a Legacy of some kind of to be apart of another one. Simple put, we don't believe in much of anything anymore. That's needs to be changed before one can truely have a set of reasons for living.

Good post, it means the blackness has come and cultural decay is peaking. This could take 100 years or 1000 years to complete its peak, hard to say.
This is why I am in part a primitivist and and anti-globalist.

People in tribal societies were more tight-knit, surviving and hunting for food was a common goal for them, and people had more incentive to reciprocate and share effort and resources, and lived more in harmony with nature thus they had much less conflict amongst themselves.
[UWSL]Changing climates is mostly a bullshit issue. But the rest of what you said, yes.[/UWSL]
What I mean by climate change is more in the sense of having to adapt to heat or cold, thus our need for clothing and shelter. Because if it was too hot or too cold outside, we would die if we didn't had the proper shelter or clothing to survive.
[UWSL]I am happy/content about that while I can be.[/UWSL]
Yeah, but not everyone feels like that.
[UWSL]There are many reasons for this. The big ones present themselves only once the economy starts to collapse. Then the behaviors get worse, worse behaviors = people notice and see no hope. It's already tough as an Incel, but being an Incel whose constantly gaurding his small can of pinto beans whilst shivering in the night waiting to be robbed, forget it. Suicide. But we are not quite there yet.[/UWSL]
Yes, part of it is a sense of helplessness against the instability of modern society and the inability to improve their situation or get out of the hole they're stuck in.
If I had lived no life, and was 18, yes maybe. At my current age, no way. I'd starve to death so that my canines could live.

I'd do this WAY before even thinking of killing my dogs to eat. Yeh that's right !
True, I would be willing to sacrifice myself for my little brother for him to survive.
This would be the realisation that they have nothing to pass on into the distant future. Everyone needs a Legacy of some kind of to be apart of another one. Simple put, we don't believe in much of anything anymore. That's needs to be changed before one can truely have a set of reasons for living.
I know that it's unlikely for me having kids, so I decided instead to write my thoughts down in a journal as a way of leaving a legacy.

Likewise, if humans are put under too much pressure under coercion or abuse they will rebel against it.
nah. modern humans are bred to be as docile as possible. klaus will have the finest nigger cattle ranch the world has ever seen:y'all:

Modern human society doesn't provide our basic needs

nah. modern humans are bred to be as docile as possible. klaus will have the finest nigger cattle ranch the world has ever seen:y'all:
You think everyone would let themselves perish?

There will be the few who will prioritize their own survival and be courageous enough to fight back. The strong survives.

There will be the few who will prioritize their own survival and be courageous enough to fight back. The strong survives.
It's also selected for in our gene pool. Those who want to survive then reproduces.

a few, but a few is not enough. if there is any chance for the survival of humanity it is by virtue of the errors of the cowards in charge and less so because of the merit of anyone who fights back.

Very good thread, i dont have the answer. Humans are a weird creatures, something i noticed is the more poor and sick a person is the stronger he clings onto life, even though his life is complete shit. Like a middle class guy with a family who face some problem has higher chances to rope than a lonely homeless guy who has nothing. Probably miserable life triggers self surviving instinct.

Modern human society doesn't provide our basic needs
:yes::yes::yes:

This is why I am in part a primitivist and and anti-globalist.

People in tribal societies were more tight-knit, surviving and hunting for food was a common goal for them, and people had more incentive to reciprocate and share effort and resources, and lived more in harmony with nature thus they had much less conflict amongst themselves.
Yes but don't think that this is a solution. We've evolved passed that into language for a reason. There were many horrific things mankind did to itself during this time which probably aided in pushing us towards civilization. The tribal societies you describe make us feel better because it is a return to simplicity and less strain in terms of decision making. But would you get any satisfaction knowing that the Alpha males in the society would Trump your right to women of really anything ? Cause that happens as well. The more primitive, the more we see it.
What I mean by climate change is more in the sense of having to adapt to heat or cold, thus our need for clothing and shelter. Because if it was too hot or too cold outside, we would die if we didn't had the proper shelter or clothing to survive.
I understand
Yeah, but not everyone feels like that.
It might help if they try. The older they get, they will not have a choice. It's either feel like that, or stop moving and die !

I know that it's unlikely for me having kids, so I decided instead to write my thoughts down in a journal as a way of leaving a legacy.
.is can be our journal actually. We can document our trails and tribulations here. And when you feel its at the very end (hopefully if the torch is carried on and on) then we can finally doxx ourselves and have our writing be "known", at least by some.

Just our of curiosity, for a physical (like hard copy) journal, for those of us who have nobody or nothing to pass down to, whom do we give the journal too?

:feelsokman::feelsYall:

Ted was right:

71aGACoc15L.jpg

Too much stress and strain, brought on by constant loneliness.

suffering will come to you automatically in the sense that you don’t need to work for it, which makes it inherent in life. Death is the ultimate neutrality, making it better than being alive because neutrality > suffering/ the potential to suffer

Very good thread, i dont have the answer. Humans are a weird creatures, something i noticed is the more poor and sick a person is the stronger he clings onto life, even though his life is complete shit. Like a middle class guy with a family who face some problem has higher chances to rope than a lonely homeless guy who has nothing. Probably miserable life triggers self surviving instinct.

:yes::yes::yes:
Poor homeless ppl tend to be dumb af and suicide requires a certain iq to realize how pointless ur life is

I agree. It doesn’t help that all the factors that contribute to suicide are totally normalised now either, e.g. grown men being unable to enter relationships with women, men being unable to enter the housing market even in their late 20s, the state of the job market and the wages that are being paid, etc.

I agree OP. The fact that humans even commit suicide is a major sign that humans are constantly being misled and manipulated by each other. I think the reason why suicide happens is because humans have the ability to associate death with the concept of "escapism". Humans as a collective have managed to convince themselves that death can totally liberate them from undesirable life situation.

Last edited:
Nonetheless I think people have been widely miseducated about the potential consequences of death. I think the common belief is that consciousness is completely lost by the person when they die, then their consciousness departs from the universe and they become "eternal unconsciousness". There are two key problems with this belief: i) there's neither a way to prove nor disprove that "eternal consciousness" would be achieved after death, and ii) there's neither way to prove nor disprove that consciousness of the human will be isekai'd after the human dies.

In reality there's only one thing a human can guarantee from death, and that is the ultimate termination of the human biological system. Everything else is simply prone to uncertainty. Nothing is guaranteed, including the end of consciousness. You could die, only to achieve consciousness in a new life that happens to be just as shitty (or worse) than the previous one.

Having a deathwish is basically silly if your wish is to be liberated from a shitty life situation via dying, because hypothetically you could be forced to regain conscious in a more shittier life after you die. If there's no way for you to guarantee that after you die, you wont be forced to regain consciousness in another life that's just as unpleasant or worse than the previous, why would you want to attempt suicide in the first place?

This actually makes me wonder how high suicide rates are in tribal societies, I wonder if there comes a point with modern technology that suicides increase.

You could die, only to achieve consciousness in a new life that happens to be just as shitty (or worse) than the previous one.
if reincarnation exist then universe should go fuck itself x infinity

I agree OP. The fact that humans even commit suicide is a major sign that humans are constantly being misled and manipulated by each other. I think the reason why suicide happens is because humans have the ability to associate death with the concept of "escapism". Humans as a collective have managed to convince themselves that death can totally liberate them from undesirable life situation.
Ngl this is true