Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Is muscle mass correlated with strength?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

EVEN THE DEVIL WAS ONCE AN ANGEL
★★★★
I think there is a correlation for sure. Bigger muscles means more strength generally but that doesn't always seem to the case as bodybuilders don't have very impressive One rep maxes while I've seen construction workers with some weird lanky build and never having a gym membership be insanely strong.

Overall bigger muscles usually equal more strength. That’s why I would not be afraid to fight a 100 pound skinny guy, but would absolutely hate to fight a guy like Rich Piana who was a 300 pound muscle monster.

I think there is a correlation for sure. Bigger muscles means more strength generally but that doesn't always seem to the case as bodybuilders don't have very impressive One rep maxes while I've seen construction workers with some weird lanky build and never having a gym membership be insanely strong.
I think so as well. Bodybuilders tend to focus more on the heavy lifting then the endurance, whereas construction workers just do it out of their everyday job.

That settles it.
Overall bigger muscles usually equal more strength. That’s why I would not be afraid to fight a 100 pound skinny guy, but would absolutely hate to fight a guy like Rich Piana who was a 300 pound muscle monster.
Go to a local construction site and you are guaranteed to find some skinny dude who looks dyel but will still destroy the strongest guy at your gym

Go to a local construction site and you are guaranteed to find some skinny dude who looks dyel but will still destroy the strongest guy at your gym
I do not deny that. I do not have strong 1 rep maxxes, but even I am pretty capable at physical work from doing a lot of it. I regularly pick up tree branches and haul away logs from fallen trees at our cabin. Also do a lot of work with push mowers, chainsaws, and weed wackers which builds more useful strength than you think.

KEK. OK, but you know what correlation means, right? Why do you always like to point out the edge cases and then try to argue that the exceptions are the rule?

Your body adapts to the stress you subject it to.

KEK. OK, but you know what correlation means, right? Why do you always like to point out the edge cases and then try to argue that the exceptions are the rule?

Your body adapts to the stress you subject it to.
It's not edge cases. There is a lot more nuance to it. Have you seen that video of a professional mountain climber being stronger than a bodybuilder twice his size. I think training for hypertrophy and strength are different. Genetics play a role too

I think training for hypertrophy and strength are different. Genetics play a role too
No shit to both sentences. What's your point? That size isn't in fact correlated with strength?

Idk I've seen videos of construction workers vs bodybuilders and the former turned out to be stronger. They were as big in mass as the gymcels their muscles just weren't showing
Farmers might be stronger too.

It's not edge cases. There is a lot more nuance to it. Have you seen that video of a professional mountain climber being stronger than a bodybuilder twice his size. I think training for hypertrophy and strength are different. Genetics play a role too
just for moving thier own body weight jfl

i'd say no, but it means that people perceive you as strong which is what i think matters

To a point. Gorillas have enormous arms and can easily overpower anyone. Anyone who gets into weight lifting will get bigger muscles. But there is strength training and hypertrophy training. Like u can train to specifically make muscles grow or get stronger which will also make u bigger but not as much as hypertrophy training