Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is Luffy from One Piece clinically retarded?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I know the archetype of shonen characters is that they aren't too bright but even Goku or Naruto could get serious when necessary and they showed some knowledge, Luffy through all One Piece hasn't changed much apart from getting stronger. He makes very stupid and dumb decisions, constantly repeats "I'm gonna be the pirate king" and the only things he does in life are fighting and eating. When he has to do "intellectual" stuff side characters have to help him because his only talent is being very strong and having powers. Also how he doesn't know how to speak in normal tone (always shouting) and doesn't understand social interaction like he's about to die and can keep laughing or a hot foid tells him if he wants to marry her and he says no make me suspect even more he's mentally challenged.

don't understand how people could watch 1100 ep's of that shit :feelscomfy:

Unfortunately, I don't watch anime. :smonk:

He has high "emotional intelligence" as in he understands situations like what happened between Nami and Arlong and he has a pretty good fighting intelligence too. In every other situation though he's pretty much retarded.

1000 eps of the same shit, I don't know people don't get bored
Longest anime I have watched was Hunter X Hunter

I know the archetype of shonen characters is that they aren't too bright but even Goku or Naruto could get serious when necessary and they showed some knowledge, Luffy through all One Piece hasn't changed much apart from getting stronger. He makes very stupid and dumb decisions, constantly repeats "I'm gonna be the pirate king" and the only things he does in life are fighting and eating. Also how he doesn't know how to speak in normal tone (always shouting) and doesn't understand social interaction like he's about to die and can keep laughing or a hot foid tells him if he wants to marry her and he says no make me suspect even more he's mentally challenged.
No. Luffy was raised to fight just like Goku it seems.

The relation between him and Shanks is like Harry and Dumbledore.

Luffy has been a genious when he has to use his fruit. Like taking advantage of his rubber veins to increase the speed of his blood flowing and therefore his speed. Or balloon his rubber bones in order to increase his range of attack. Or inflate his muscles in order to fly and increase his strength, range and speed.

don't understand how people could watch 1100 ep's of that shit :feelscomfy:

Honestly Luffy is just insufferable. Extremely chaotic good guys are tiring as fuck. Only reason I keep reading it is because the world has interesting building and I want to see how it ends. One Piece got real stupid after around enies lobby.

Honestly Luffy is just insufferable. Extremely chaotic good guys are tiring as fuck. Only reason I keep reading it is because the world has interesting building and I want to see how it ends. One Piece got real stupid after around enies lobby.
So so. Thriller Bark is dogshit. Summit War Saga is god tier writting.

My friend has seen every episode, loves it, i haven't given my undivided attention to an episode of one piece in ten years or longer

One piece should have ended 15 years ago

Never was huge One Piece fan, art style was too crazy for me and generally not my taste

The reason the showrunners make him retarded is so idiots will relate to him.

If youve watched multiple episodes from a retarded show about a retarded person. You are retarded.