Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: your parents never gave you any room to breathe, stunting social development

ControlledInsanity

ControlledInsanity

Legit NoFap World Champion AMA
★★
Speaking from personal experience, obv. I think one of the reasons I never had any success was that I grew up under a highly controlled, highly regimented home. No chances to practice how to even talk with other humans, let alone the other sex. Fuck that noise. I think my parents fucked me for life. :feelsrope:

Too relatable, I can't even walk properly from being forced to stay inside the home 99% of the time when I was young. :feelsohgod::feelsrope:

my parents just ordered me to stay indoors and focus on school while everyone else was socializing. they wouldn't even talk to me unless it was something about school so i was kinda neglected in that way too.

of course, i was born ugly and short too

In retrospect, I could have probably clicked my proverbial heels at any time and just fucked off out of the house to try to socialize, but I was always too high inhib that they might take away my vidja game opiates as arbitrary punishment.

Speaking from personal experience, obv. I think one of the reasons I never had any success was that I grew up under a highly controlled, highly regimented home. No chances to practice how to even talk with other humans, let alone the other sex. Fuck that noise. I think my parents fucked me for life. :feelsrope:
Yes

Yes, plus being high inhib in general.

Dad was sort of indifferent but mom was overprotective, helicopter parent.

Overprotective parents always mess up their children's heads. I remember when my friends were hanging out around the neighborhood and talking to girls while I was playing games and watching YouTube videos like a sucker.

It's because they live in constant fear from television.

What they should have done instead, was ACCEPT THE FACT that the world is a dangerous place, and taught you how to be up to the challenge of it.

No surprise more than half the replies till now have been from curries

helicopter parents. maybe It's the reason so many are immature nowadays. teenagers have the capacity to be independent.

Too relatable, I can't even walk properly from being forced to stay inside the home 99% of the time when I was young. :feelsohgod::feelsrope:
This is a serious problem I have as well. I'm always self-conscious about the weird way I walk.

My mum poured all my alcohol I got for my birthday down the sink whilst I was asleep. Also wouldn't let me go outside on park apparatus at a shitty venue we were at due to some cunts wedding because it 'wasn't in my line of sight'. JFL. AT AGE 11 BTW.

This is why i'll be happy on the day i watch my parents and family die.

mom was overprotective, helicopter parent
Mines too, my dad is sorta similar these days. That's why I wanted to leave for University, but my low iq brain couldn't make it, so community college instead. My mom would force me to go to church, missing out on birthdays or hanging out with my friends, but It didn't help that I was high inhib as well.

I was raised like an autistic child -- sheltered and with few meaningful experiences -- sharing a home with my autistic brother. I have no doubts that my upbringing made me, someone with no neurological symptoms of ASD, bear a strong resemblance to the more "well-adjusted" aspies among us.

I was raised like an autistic child
I legit had a theory since i was a kid that i was autistic and my family was just hiding it from me, knowing them and how evil they are I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

What they should have done instead, was ACCEPT THE FACT that the world is a dangerous place, and taught you how to be up to the challenge of it.
My mom and Grandma came from a Carribean country and had to deal with crime and shit. But we live in a safe neighborhood, so I wouldn't have to worry stuff like that. I remember when I told my Grandma that I wanted to go for a walk and she said: "Ok, just make sure no one kipnaps you" even though I was 18 at the time.
This is a serious problem I have as well. I'm always self-conscious about the weird way I walk.
I look cringy and autistic when I walk.

Mines too, my dad is sorta similar these days. That's why I wanted to leave for University, but my low iq brain couldn't make it, so community college instead. My mom would force me to go to church, missing out on birthdays or hanging out with my friends, but It didn't help that I was high inhib as well.

As someone who went, University is cope and debt slavery for most. You can make it in Community College if you play your cards right (i.e. choose a good program).

Which brings me to another thing parents do, especially with children that do well in school. "You must do University or your potential will be wasted." And my favourite Boomer advice, "just get ANY degree." Note that these things double as a way to extend your dependence in certain cases.

Last edited:
Can relate, my pos parents didn't let me go out when i was a kid.
On top of that,my worthless hole mother used to beat the shit out of me.
That's the type of home education that i got.
And when i grew older and got out (around 12,13) and attempted to interact with others i was taken advantage of by fake friends because i had no life experience.

My mom and Grandma came from a Carribean country and had to deal with crime and shit. But we live in a safe neighborhood, so I wouldn't have to worry stuff like that. I remember when I told my Grandma that I wanted to go for a walk and she said: "Ok, just make sure no one kipnaps you" even though I was 18 at the time.

I got home late once a bit after midnight from the card store (TCG tournament that ran late in the evening). I usually get home around 11pm. My mom was freaking out.

I was early 20s.

Found the richcel!

Can relate, my pos parents didn't let me go out when i was a kid.
On top of that,my worthless hole mother used to beat the shit out of me.
That's the type of home education that i got.
And when i grew older and got out (around 12,13) and attempted to interact with others i was taken advantage of by fake friends because i had no life experience.
Sorry that happened to you brocel, i can relate to every single thing you said, for the few years i just became too numb and repressed all those memories and started liking my mother but now those memories slowly coming back and im remembering how much my parents beat the shit out of me and how much they abused me.

My parents barely let me even go outside from the house

It kinda reminds me of when I was in a group in my English Class. Everyone in the group was talking about what they did that weekend and about their jobs, and I realized that I'm nothing but a blank slate, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation, no real life experiences that I could share. I stayed inside my house all weekend.
I got home late once a bit after midnight from the card store (TCG tournament that ran late in the evening). I usually get home around 11pm. My mom was freaking out.

I was early 20s.
That's fucked up :fuk:

and I realized that I'm nothing but a blank slate, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation, no real life experiences that I could share. I stayed inside my house all weekend.

You know it was bad when the only conversations you had a chance participating involved video games, shared with other socially retarded kids who literally only had video games as life experience.

You know it was bad when the only conversations you had a chance participating involved video games, shared with other socially retarded kids who literally only had video games as life experience.
So true. :feelskek::fuk:

same. mom has always been completely mental. the fact that you're considered a child until 18 and literal holes make your life decisions is extremely disgusting. a 10 year old boy has more mental capacity than the average adult hole

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back